MP Everything wrong with kicking

Users who are viewing this thread

people keep talking about how they want everything to be like in Warband..

Bruh.. This is not warband. If you want to play warband, then go play warband.

People want things to be like warband because warbands system was tried and true. Kicking was a risky move , if you missed your opponent could get hit you from the sides. Here its a move that doesnt have any counterplay, you can even get kicked while s keying.

Last edited:
I am quite certain they will change the reach of the kick, because it is way off at the moment. Perhaps someone can record some videos on how the reach works in practise to visualize how much the reach is actually off?

I am quite certain they will change the reach of the kick, because it is way off at the moment. Perhaps someone can record some videos on how the reach works in practise to visualize how much the reach is actually off?

The reach of kicks has never been the issue however.
And I'm quite certain that Taleworlds will make some equally meaningless changes to kicking as well, while ignoring the fundamental issues.

I don't play multiplayer so maybe my idea might not be proper for that. But i think that it needs better aiming. I barely use it because almost always i try to do a kick it's like i'm getting the stun not my opponent, because you get stuck in the animation and the kick hits towards the direction your character was pointing at the moment you pressed the button. So when the opponent moves as it happens most of the times, you get to hit air and then get struck by them. You should be able to aim the kick mid animation, to be able to rotate your character with the mouse during the kick animation so that it would mostly end facing the enemy and connect the hit. Maybe not 360 but at least certain angle in your front.

Actually kicking is not a thing in HEMA or real world. Remove it all together.
I think kicking is necessary from a game machanical standpoint to deal with shield turteling. The problem is that in contrast to warband it takes some exercise to hit in time after a kick making it feel more cheesy when it happens to you.
- Allow kicks to be executed while blocking. +1 (No clue why this got removed from Warband)
Because block+kick=bash
edit: theres a short window after landing your kick that will speed up your attack, you need a decently fast weapon aswell.
Why easy if you could make it comlpicated? I think kick was fine and balanced in Warband, no need to change it, at least not if you want to stay true to the "easy to learn, hard to master" approach.

We don't want everything to be like in Warband, just the things that were better in Warband. I think it's ok to expect a sequel to be a straight improvement mechanically. Given, we might disagree on which changes are improvements or disimprovements.

Merged with "make kicking like warband" by @shatti , his OP starts here

Added to the "Top Suggestions & Feedback" list.

3 years later and you can see that the state of multiplayer, taleworlds response to feedback is at the same state as in beta. They literally do not give a single **** about developing multiplayer. Surprised to see you as community manager now but I hope you can change it positively

Back
Top Bottom