Everything is ruined by shortcuts and poor planning

Users who are viewing this thread

The showrunners for Game of Thrones (D&D) were excellent at adapting the books to the small screen, however, when the time came to write their own content (the books run out at S5 I believe) the steep decline in show's quality was obvious, and then completely flatlined in the final two seasons. The show runners decided to take shortcuts (reducing the series to 8 seasons, when GRRM & HBO wanted 13+ and cutting the episodes from 10 to 7) to finish the series. The most popular TV show of all time, completely removed from the entertainment zeitgeist virtually overnight, due to the selfishness of D&D and their misguided shortcuts.
Don't remind us of that please

Ah, I remember the days when I saw SJWs behind everything that I perceived as bad. Thankfully I grew out of that phase when I went to college.

It can't just be bad things happen. It MUST be the people I don't like behind it, right? TW can't possibly be a managerial mess all on their own, after all.
wow is that a bit of common sense i see? thought that was extinct :shock:
The woke cult are spoiling everything, to many women with balls everywhere.
About games, we can notice a big improvement in graphics in the last ten years but almost none in AI, at least in gaming the AI simply stops many years ago.
The first part was unnecessary, really don't see how TW falling into dev and management hell has anything to do with wokeness really.

Second part i agree fully, graphics advanced a lot in the last decade or so but that was it, the rest seems stuck in the stone age or even worse with companies sacrificing AI and good storytelling for shinny graphics or enthusiast tech that barely anyone has the machine-power to run.

In BL's case, TW doesn't have to care about the player base that brought them up, because now we're the minority in the crowd of average joes who praise this game to no end.
We're definitely a minority and we're far more invested. I've noticed most of the vocally (and almost always respectfully so) critic people on this forum tend to be on the... older side. We probably have little time to play games, to do anything that isn't work and responsibilities actually. So we obviously value that time and those hobbies more than younger people who have little in the way of responsibilities and a lot of spare time do.
I would probably have written a positive review of this game on Steam if I had been fourteen when it came out. Still, letting kids write reviews and upvote mindlessly is a little bit like extending the voting age to 14: it shouldn't be done because kids are stupid, generally speaking (and it's absolutely normal.)

The woke cult are spoiling everything, to many women with balls everywhere.

11c1378570cbbed09e201a5f20a0647b.jpg

The first part was unnecessary, really don't see how TW falling into dev and management hell has anything to do with wokeness really.

Second part i agree fully, graphics advanced a lot in the last decade or so but that was it, the rest seems stuck in the stone age or even worse with companies sacrificing AI and good storytelling for shinny graphics or enthusiast tech that barely anyone has the machine-power to run.
Do you believe that in ancient or middle ages half of armies are commanded by women? I can't stand it, it is forced, unrealistic, resuming, a BS.

i would have preferred a warband upgrade (not the BL type of upgrade), but a revamp of their engine would have sufficed, and e

They shouldn't have built their own engine.

Im sure they could have licensed one that could accommodate their needs. I believe this is the single biggest mistake they made, and I TRULY believe it is because TW plans to out license their engine to other turkish devs that in turn will fuel revenues and growth.

(Remember the 24hr engine competition to make a asteroid shooter? Why is that even newsworthy... Think about it).

All their management decisions point to make money, rather than making a good product that makes money (your own engine means you don't pay license fees, they can probably get R&D credits back from the government etc. etc.).

There is literally NO acceptable reason, that TW, the maker of 2 pretty good games on barebones, was not able to make a 3rd good game that was better (and not a total disaster) - save for managerial incompetence and poor planning.

+1 OP

Do you believe that in ancient or middle ages half of armies are commanded by women? I can't stand it, it is forced, unrealistic, resuming, a BS.
Of course not but that was real life, who's to say Calradic cultures don't have different customs in their own version of the middle ages? i liked the sexism mechanic of warband cause it made early game harder as a woman and was more historically accurate but it's a small thing anyway and it definitely has nothing to do with dev and management hell as i said before, just a small preference of someone in charge at TW.

Also have you ever played Elder Scrolls games? i find fascinating how Tamrielic cultures there don't give a **** for sexism or homophobia since those are acceptable things under their religious and cultural norms and instead focus on racism everywhere which makes much more sense in a continent/planet shared between many different sentient and hominid races (for real instead of just ethinicies of humans like in RL)

Of course not but that was real life, who's to say Calradic cultures don't have different customs in their own version of the middle ages? i liked the sexism mechanic of warband cause it made early game harder as a woman and was more historically accurate but it's a small thing anyway and it definitely has nothing to do with dev and management hell as i said before, just a small preference of someone in charge at TW.

Also have you ever played Elder Scrolls games? i find fascinating how Tamrielic cultures there don't give a **** for sexism or homophobia since those are acceptable things under their religious and cultural norms and instead focus on racism everywhere which makes much more sense in a continent/planet shared between many different sentient and hominid races (for real instead of just ethinicies of humans like in RL)
+1. Elder Scrolls really hit the nail on the head by including all that stuff into their questlines etc. Very good ways of involving real human emotions into a game.

Of all the countless gigantic problems we're seeing with Bannerlord's development, this guy chooses to focus on "a few women are leading armies"? Talk about missing the forest for the trees.

The divorce must have been brutal.
Man my high school self didn't even have that excuse, he just got rudely rejected a couple times and called creepy once. Thank GOD college forced me to grow out of that phase.

makes much more sense in a continent/planet shared between many different sentient and hominid races (for real instead of just ethinicies of humans like in RL)
I live in a country consisting of thousands of islands with their own people, customs and languages, and we don't have such issues. It's nothing fascinating to us because we don't make up problems from those differences. You westerners are just having it rough.

I live in a country consisting of thousands of islands with their own people, customs and languages, and we don't have such issues. It's nothing fascinating to us because we don't make up problems from those differences. You westerners are just having it rough.
Or you just prefer the limited view of your social circle and think everything's great for everyone else because you feel good about things.
And of course, the Westerners and their sensibilities are funny because being crude should be enough for everyone.

Or you just prefer the limited view of your social circle and think everything's great for everyone else because you feel good about things.
We don't have racial issues because people are too busy thinking about regular problems like the huge economy gap, which we don't blame at race whatsoever. Just a matter of economy, because it is.

And yes Bannerlord by FailWorlds. Obviously a complete train wreck of poor planning and shortcuts. A decade of development and we have a barebones games that lacks fundamentally everything the community has pined for over the years, in both SP and MP. Rather than make a compelling sequel, Failworlds took shortcut after shortcut "streamlining" the game into oblivion ("Action RPG with a sprinkling of strategy"). Poor planning has been observed throughout this entire EA; where very little has changed, and virtually 0 new content has been added to the game and worst of all major game breaking issues like smithing / siege battles have not been fixed......
Yup, LackWorlds made a M&B 2 wich lacks fundamental RPG basics of M&B in general, buying a wife was not what i expected to get with a M&B 2 wich is now 8 years in developement, currently my wife doesnt likes me at all meanwhile she had liked me in the past, the merriage reset the whole relation bar from 8 to 0.

We don't have racial issues because people are too busy thinking about regular problems like the huge economy gap, which we don't blame at race whatsoever. Just a matter of economy, because it is.
I'm glad I finally found someone who speaks for all his nation with authority. :razz:

I guess I was generalizing too much, so fair enough, I'll take it. I just think you don't have to be an ambassador to talk about your own country.
I noticed this with myself and others when trying to make general statements about my country. The views were decisively shaped by the limited social circles we were in. We don't know what everyone thinks as we don't have extremely wide social networks across every type of social circle and we have little reason to mingle with people that are not like us.

oh in my country it's mostly the same, we have to many economic problems to waste time in idiot **** like racial divisions then stupid people around here divide themselves by their economic class though in the last few years there has been some small racial tensions mainly imported from American movements.

It's kinda funny actually how some go out shouting about police brutality killing black people when like half of our cops are black/mixed with natives, it may be something of importance in the US where this originated but the message gets lost when imported to other countries without adapting to local realities.

But back on topic before i get into trouble, my point was more on the lines "it's cool to see other cultures and religions on the mainstream that care nothing for problems plaguing some of our own RL cultures and biggest religions", in Tamriel Dibella is the goddess of love, beauty, passion and all acts of love no matter where they originated are her cults, same way Mara is the goddess of marriage and she welcomes all forms of relationships where people care for each other so their cultures don't bat an eye in same-sex relationships and things like that quite unlike our biggest religious group here on Earth.

But then since Tamriel is shared between many different races (species instead of ethinicies) they have really **** problems with racism and racial tensions because of the constant cultural/racial/political shock between factions of different races.

in Tamriel Dibella is the goddess of love, beauty, passion and all acts of love no matter where they originated are her cults, same way Mara is the goddess of marriage and she welcomes all forms of relationships where people care for each other
No she's not

The Tribunal are the only Gods you need

Back
Top Bottom