EVERYTHING is FIXED Now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Just FYI - I've played BL since it came out on EA all those years ago. I have only played vanilla, because I wanted to help with finding and erasing bugs.

I caught dozens!! And wrote them up properly. And posted them in the Technical Section about bugs. And provided screenshots and occasionally videos. And uploaded saves so the devs could see what I was seeing.

Some of those went through the process and got fixed. Yay! But still dozens remained with no encouraging news that devs could see the problem and were working on them.

Now, I'm getting multiple notices every day about bugs I reported years ago (today's start with October 2021) that are being closed out. Apparently, if the devs didn't work on them but no one felt the need to tell them successive versions hadn't miraculously squashed the bugs by accident, as of now they're no longer officially a problem!!

Yay! I take that as meaning EVERYTHING is FIXED Now!

I know. What gets me is so many of them are things that only happen SOMETIMES so it's hard to know if the problem is still present in any particular version.... but if it was never particularly addressed... it's probably still there somewhere.

These threads also make the forum nigh unusable atm. I look for new threads and all i can see is RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED

These threads also make the forum nigh unusable atm. I look for new threads and all i can see is RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED RESOLVED
Yeah, one thing whenever looking at the tech support boards if you filter by first comment you get rid of all the mod bumps. It's an odd thing to have them bumped like that though.

I think a dev once said somewhere that if they ask OP for more info and there's no response, which probably happens a lot, then they mark it Resolved. They should probably use a different label for those kinds of issues so that they don't look like they've been fixed

I think a dev once said somewhere that if they ask OP for more info and there's no response, which probably happens a lot, then they mark it Resolved. They should probably use a different label for those kinds of issues so that they don't look like they've been fixed
They do have the "Need more info" tag, why don't they use that in this case?

Hey guys,
I want to reply to this thread to answer some of the questions raised here.
First of all, we don't tag any thread as resolved unless we get a confirmation from QA that states the issue is fixed. Sometimes the fixes have already been sent to the game or sometimes they are on the latest internal branch, which means the next update will feature those fixes. If any of these issues are still happening it means that the bug has been introduced again or simply the fix did not work and we have not been able to catch it up. This should be acceptable as there are more than 16K topics and we are only a few people operating in these fields.

I want to write this again, we don't change any issue to resolved unless we got confirmation from QA or the report in progress is not valid anymore.

If you know a bug that is still not fixed even though the topic is marked otherwise please let me know and I will try to find what is the situation about those bugs in particular.

Most of the topics that are recently changed to resolved were old threads that were tagged as need more info. These topics were created when the game first launched on EA nearly 3 years ago. Most of the issues reported on those dates are already fixed. The reason why you were seeing all the topics as resolved is that the forum sorts the most recent messages first. We leave a reply before we change the tag of the report. We move resolved topics manually and I mostly try to do that weekly.

If you think a bug is still happening on the live or beta versions of the game and think that the report topic is tagged wrongly please let me know.

Hey guys,
First of all, we don't tag any thread as resolved unless we get a confirmation from QA that states the issue is fixed. Sometimes the fixes have already been sent to the game or sometimes they are on the latest internal branch, which means the next update will feature those fixes. If any of these issues are still happening it means that the bug has been introduced again or simply the fix did not work and we have not been able to catch it up. This should be acceptable as there are more than 16K topics and we are only a few people operating in these fields.

I want to write this again, we don't change any issue to resolved unless we got confirmation from QA or the report in progress is not valid anymore.

If you know a bug that is still not fixed even though the topic is marked otherwise please let me know and I will try to find what is the situation about those bugs in particular.

Most of the topics that are recently changed to resolved were old threads that were tagged as need more info. These topics were created when the game first launched on EA nearly 3 years ago. Most of the issues reported on those dates are already fixed. The reason why you were seeing all the topics as resolved is that the forum sorts the most recent messages first. We leave a reply before we change the tag of the report. We move resolved topics manually and I mostly try to do that weekly.

If you think a bug is still happening on the live or beta versions of the game and think that the report topic is tagged wrongly please let me know.
I was worried TaleWorlds was languid in treating these reports. But your reply clarifies all my doubts. :love:

@MArdA TaleWorlds I was used to getting annotations to my bug reports that said words to the effect of "the devs have made a fix and it will appear in the next version." I celebrated those notices! And I expected that each report would (eventually) be ended with such a notice.

So now I have to ask why threads are being flagged "NEED MORE INFO." I called up one such of mine, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-shows-army-cohesion-incorrectly.452830/
and looked at the thread. I replied on Dec 2 that it was still happening in the current version and that was the last entry on the thread, yet the flag wasn't changed, and by your logic, is available to close out without further effort.

Contrary to "created when the game was first launched on EA nearly 3 years ago" this thread was one I opened last July, and I gave pretty good screenshot evidence, too.

I'm not going to go through all my bug reports for more instances.

So now I have to ask why threads are being flagged "NEED MORE INFO." I called up one such of mine, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-shows-army-cohesion-incorrectly.452830/
and looked at the thread. I replied on Dec 2 that it was still happening in the current version and that was the last entry on the thread, yet the flag wasn't changed, and by your logic, is available to close out without further effort.
I hope that you are aware of the number of topics we need to monitor. We are trying our best but we can't follow up on hundreds of topics all the time. We are taking a look at the need more info tagged topics every day so no worries we don't want to miss any reports either. And please keep in mind that any replies from our support staff are
a)confirmation of the bug are in the system for QA to check
and
b) asking for more relevant information.
Even if the issue is on QA, the number of bug reports to be tested and verified is more than we can chew so the speed is relatively slow.
Contrary to "created when the game was first launched on EA nearly 3 years ago" this thread was one I opened last July, and I gave pretty good screenshot evidence, too.
We started from the oldest topics first and then gradually come to the recent reports. We are not trying to "close" old reports or anything.
I hope this answers your questions/doubts. Feel free to leave a reply if you have any more questions.

Hey, @MArdA TaleWorlds , since you are here replying, I'd like to ask you something about reporting a bug.

The question is about the language: I play the game with Russian language, for example. If I need to report a bug - I usually switch to English before taking any screenshots, recording vids, etc. Will it be okay, if I just post screenshots and vids on Russian language though (the in-game language, I mean)? Or is it better to switch to English before reporting?

The simple answer is that we don't speak Russian so English is preferred. If you describe the issue in English but you attached a video of the game in Russian we only need to see the bug happening. But if the bug is related to localization then we need to Russian text so that we can forward it to the localization team.

The simple answer is that we don't speak Russian so English is preferred. If you describe the issue in English but you attached a video of the game in Russian we only need to see the bug happening. But if the bug is related to localization then we need to Russian text so that we can forward it to the localization team.
I see. Then I just keep switching the language just in case. Thank you for your answer!

Hey guys,

I'm currently having a similar issue as described here:

I've created a party for my son, but soon realized he cannot use his noble bow yet, and I needed to give him a lesser tier bow by disbanding his party and taking him with me to a town where I could buy it for him and equip it. However, he's stuck at the village and keeps on recruiting troops while having "Disbanding" status and telling me all the same stuff about it while gaving a dialogue with me.

Tried to fix it with canpaign.destroy_party method, but the game doesn't even recognize this command.

Back
Top Bottom