Everything Has A Price

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord007

Recruit
So Everything Has A Price is useless now. 5 mil per city is an absurd price. +1 nerf :sad: ...

B5oJH7v.png

Economy snowballs out of control because of silly loot prices so rather than reduce loot prices which are causing tons of issues throughout the game (AI econ too low, player too high, T5 troops having better gear than their lord, etc.) TaleWorlds decided that they should just jack up the cost on everything instead. Because that makes total sense and will never cause problems.

Economy snowballs out of control because of silly loot prices so rather than reduce loot prices which are causing tons of issues throughout the game (AI econ too low, player too high, T5 troops having better gear than their lord, etc.) TaleWorlds decided that they should just jack up the cost on everything instead. Because that makes total sense and will never cause problems.

I do see a possibility this to become a good feedback, but than I read your last sentence and I know you know jack **** about balancing :smile:

It disturbs me whenever they update a perk mechanic because it shows they are going to keep that system, at least to some degree and not flushing the whole thing.
As far as jacking up the prices, well if they're going keep loot as it is then that's what has to be done. What's the difference between making things having a lower value or something else having higher value? However the current AI lords depend on battle loot to keep going so it makes sense to increase the player spending side to not create more and more problems for the AI.

The prices coudl've been a bit more cheaper than it is now, but I'd say that a price of 3,5-4 mln denars is a good price for a whole town to buy.

Dev console can give u that in a matter of moments also unless the picture shows game date you have no idea how long that campaign has been going for.
I know, but someone who wants to play the merchant way doesnt cheat like that, it would be nonsense ... I am currently Day 820 and only lvl 183 in Trade ???

I think its a fair price. But one thing astonishes me everytime is how the hell everybody is that fast to obtain this perk. For me its taking DAYS ...

I have never been able to obtain that perk. My trade skill has topped out around 156 in my current playthrough.

As for the OP original point, 5 million for a town is simply too much. It is much cheaper that that to raise an army and take it by force. I have been very successful in my current playthrough and I still have less that 3 million. I could honestly see a town costing 1 million though.

If the cost of a town is that high then the perk might as well not exist. Perhaps the perk should be replaced with something that is actually useful.

I think its a fair price. But one thing astonishes me everytime is how the hell everybody is that fast to obtain this perk. For me its taking DAYS ...
If you min/max for Soc, only do trading and do as little else as possible to keep your level low it might be faster.
I don't know though haven't tried to level it on purpose.

You should not be able to buy a town in this game. The AI doesn't know its eliminating itself from the game by doing this.
I'm inclined to agree, but I'm mostly surprised this perk was even programmed in.

The monetary value of towns is used by the AI as a metric in judgements it makes about gameplay decisions.

Being able to buy and sell a fief via this perk isn't the sole motivator for establishing the appropriate value of fiefs. And thus, players' opinions on what is an appropriate buying or selling price for a fief via this perk is also not the sole determinant of what the price should be (though the player accepting the price formula as reasonable is certainly a factor).

When a full suit of armour can approach 1 million, multiple millions seems reasonable for a town. I'd say that the suit of armour costing that much isn't reasonable though, so there's that...

Personally I think the Perk is great and if some one is willing to slave away at barter long enough and invest enough focus and attribute points in it then hell let them buy a town. The best I managed in my trader play though was 200 barter and so much of the map was Vandian at the point I couldn't face the slog for the last 25 sp, but full credit to you if you do and go buy a town or two.

Going back to the original post I think that castles should be about 1-1.5mil (and also that you should be able to store your stuff there) and towns 2-2.5 mil. You have to dedicate so much time to get the perk, that I think that is a bigger holdup than the cash cost. That said price is dependent on what they do to the economy, you can craft that much money easily enough and depending on what they do with looting get there that way. Doing it by pure trade is pretty painful so I get why OP wants it reduced.

I do love the perk though I think it gives a great goal to a trader playthrough though and it's one of the best idea for a perk in the tree as it enables another way to get a kingdom. I really like the idea of a merchant actually taking over through trade and also it fits with a social character who might buy the first place and then be able to sway lords to their side after that. I do agree that only surplus towns should be for sale as in not a faction's last stronghold.
Totally get that it's not everyone's cup of tea, but as 1 perk in a single player game I think it adds a lot of options to a particular playstyle.

Back
Top Bottom