Everything Has A Price - Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

So I have a couple of question about this perk. I've searched through "The Keep - Singleplayer" thread and found some information regarding my questions but they were mainly from a couple weeks ago or earlier.
The questions are :
Can you purchase settlements (once you have the perk) even when unaligned to a faction?

Does the main kingdom building quest-line have anything to do with the ability to purchase settlements?

I ask these questions because on one of my older playethroughs of this game I wasn't able to purchase a settlement, (I was unaligned and had the perk). It was only when i aligned myself to a faction was I given the option to purchase them.
Hope I gave enough information to help you all answer these questions. Thanks!

I successfully purchased all of a ruling clan's (Caladog of Battania) settlements right at the start of a game (through the use of Developer Console) in order to test the feature.

I used the "autoresolve" feature (the shaking hands icon) in the barter screen. The first one cost me 5 million gold and the second, 7 million. The purchases were made through two different transactions. I have no idea if the amount asked was influenced by how much money I had.

Before the first transaction I had given myself 10 million. After seeing I'd need 7 million to purchase the second settlement, I exited the barter, gave myself an additional 10 million and came back to it. It still asked me for 7 million. I had a relation of 0 with Caladog since the game had just started.

I successfully purchased all of a ruling clan's (Caladog of Battania) settlements right at the start of a game (through the use of Developer Console) in order to test the feature.

I used the "autoresolve" feature (the shaking hands icon) in the barter screen. The first one cost me 5 million gold and the second, 7 million. The purchases were made through two different transactions. I have no idea if the amount asked was influenced by how much money I had.

Before the first transaction I had given myself 10 million. After seeing I'd need 7 million to purchase the second settlement, I exited the barter, gave myself an additional 10 million and came back to it. It still asked me for 7 million. I had a relation of 0 with Caladog since the game had just started.
Alright cool! This answers my questions then. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom