Everyone who is disappointed with BL and TW, i have an idea, please read

Users who are viewing this thread

Total War is for strategy, but what about RPG with tactical combat? What should I play? Battle Brothers?
You know, this made me realise what a unique thing MB is, or Warband specifically, BL in some aspects. Take VC for the perfect example and look at it from a broad, "distant" position. You have an RPG in which you interact and build relationships with NPC's, which are dynamic and responsive. You have a campaign map and village, castle, city maps, with their own animations and purposes. You have quests which may or may not take part in the sandbox. You have a layered vassalage system which the AI utilises, and kingdoms rise and fall with or without your interaction. You can become king, you don't need to. There is a caravan and goods system, making supplies and economy alive. You have battles, in which you fight yourself, but you don't need to. You command your troops, but are not beholden to it. You choose your clothes, armour, skills, weapons, your look. You choose how to interact with the world that is ALIVE. It is the absolutely perfect blend of a layered RPG, an RTS in battles from a perspective of a single man, you have Strategy in inter-kingdom diplomacy and politics.

This game truly filled a very complex niche. And thats why some of the people on these forums who want more action are not clear to me. This game is too personal for the player in their interaction with the world to make it just combat focused RTS.

I heard Pathfinder: Kingmaker is good
Looks pretty rich in content and a massive time sink. I wish I had the time for it, and also interest to know all that lore, but I am turning now in my "gamer life" to say no to new things and enjoying the ones I have knowledge from before.

For instance, I have put around 200 hours to this Rome 2 DeI campaign as Rome, and I am barely more than halfway "civilizing" Europa. I am not even Emperor yet. That's how slow I play. I really enjoy every turn. Max 15 ~ 20 turns per week.

Total War is for strategy, but what about RPG with tactical combat? What should I play? Battle Brothers?
Good question. I find Total War, specifically Rome 2 and Attila very strategy at the world-turn based level (with DeI mod for Rome and others for Attila) and tactical at the battle level. Very hard to loose, but still gives me a challenge where I have fun. I play the RPG element through the family in both games, but it is very shallow. I really do not have an answer. Bannerlord should be that, and hopefully it is in the future, but right now...no.

You know, this made me realise what a unique thing MB is, or Warband specifically, BL in some aspects. Take VC for the perfect example and look at it from a broad, "distant" position. You have an RPG in which you interact and build relationships with NPC's, which are dynamic and responsive. You have a campaign map and village, castle, city maps, with their own animations and purposes. You have quests which may or may not take part in the sandbox. You have a layered vassalage system which the AI utilises, and kingdoms rise and fall with or without your interaction. You can become king, you don't need to. There is a caravan and goods system, making supplies and economy alive. You have battles, in which you fight yourself, but you don't need to. You command your troops, but are not beholden to it. You choose your clothes, armour, skills, weapons, your look. You choose how to interact with the world that is ALIVE. It is the absolutely perfect blend of a layered RPG, an RTS in battles from a perspective of a single man, you have Strategy in inter-kingdom diplomacy and politics.

This game truly filled a very complex niche. And thats why some of the people on these forums who want more action are not clear to me. This game is too personal for the player in their interaction with the world to make it just combat focused RTS.
+1 on your description of VC. I remember playing Brytendwalda mod for WB and I got that. +1 on your end paragraph. It can be so much the best of both worlds, and it has sooo much but, but so much potential to be an uber VC/WB, but it seems that potential is being nuked with "this is too complex for the player" and "this is too complicated to implement".

Sure if you ignore the fact CA has butchered Total War even more than Taleworlds has butchered Bannerlord
Also implying that Chivalry 2 won't die in 2 months
It is what it is my friend. I enjoy Rome 2 with DEI very much so when I am playing. And with Chivalry, as long as the server I am playing is full, is it not enough? Because TW can't even accomplish that.

At this point i'm doing it out of hostility. Let's hurt TW as much as we can.

If only you could understand how this make you look. I've paid more for a average dinner that's over after 2 hours than I paid for this game that I spent a decent 150 hours or whatever playing. Whining about TW and Bannerlord is totally ok, but to deliberately go for hurting them is downright creepy.

If only you could understand how this make you look. I've paid more for a average dinner that's over after 2 hours than I paid for this game that I spent a decent 150 hours or whatever playing. Whining about TW and Bannerlord is totally ok, but to deliberately go for hurting them is downright creepy.
I agree. HopeTM and all that. Hurting or getting angry just aint good

Just adding some opinions to alternate titles or games. It may seem like an obvious option but at the top of the "alternative" sheet is this, before anything else: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?categories/the-caravanserai-released-mods.540/

If you do not want to go back to Warband.. yes for people seeking multiplayer.. I suppose Chivalry 2 yeah? Sadly it's an Epic exclusive release. If you haven't gotten into Total War or have taken a break from it, I suggest getting back into them. Creative Assembly has its issues but some of their games are quality (Rome Remaster is not one of them). Rome II solid but better with mods. Same with Atilla. I feel the best one in the series is Warhammer II. It's on sale as well!

Like the turn-based ones? Balder's Gate, Original Sin 2, Pillars of Eternity? I heard Battle Brothers was good.

Now for the ones that nobody probably asked for, if people are truly desperate.. I have some games, abandoned titles and or controversial games.

KINGDOMS, all caps. Made by one person, not sure if abandoned. "Procedural medieval RPG in a randomly generated open world".
Veil of Crows. Abandoned. It was a good concept too, mixing sandbox and RPG elements.
..Conqueror's Blade. An Korean MMO trying to mix elements from M&B and Total War. It's decent but y'know.. Korean spells problems, of course. Tiger Knight was the better game, sadly.

guy saw a hate train and wanted to be part of a group he resonates with, simple as that... It's not like people haven't been saying such weird things before "let's boycott" etc, which looked as weird as it does now. People think being hateful is cool, and everyone wants to be part of a group no matter what that is because we're social beings and people can't cope with being alone. As much negativity as there is on the forums not everybody shares those kind of extreme sentiments though, and it does indeed look very weird.

Also I agree, I have over 1200 hours in Bannerlord now so I can safely say for myself that I lost my right to complain (doesn't mean I can't give constructive feedback though). Some have this amount of hours but still heavily complain, which is so interesting to me.
I also bought Valheim and could only squeeze 145 hours. People are getting impatient over there as well, it's been 4 freaking months and no update at all (just some retexture of 3 mobs/bosses which literally nobody asked for). Somehow there are still more positive people defending that game for some reason though. Having a roadmap with no updates is better than no roadmap with updates apparently? For me, TW's updating the game every 1-2 month is perfect in comparison to many other games.

Also good reminder, I also ordered quite an expensive sushi once. Wasn't all that impressing, I ordered it in the morning and it came at night. I think people just don't understand money, or just have very, very low expectations for literally everything else which is not Bannerlord. There's disappointing things everywhere, and if I happen to eat at a restaurant that I didn't like I will just stop eating at the restaurant, no reason to become a Karen over it. And if the restaurant changes in one year or so (gets +1/2 stars or something), I might try it again. Don't be an extremist in life, don't deprive yourself of things you might really enjoy.

Last edited:
guy saw a hate train and wanted to be part of a group he resonates with, simple as that... It's not like people haven't been saying such weird things before "let's boycott" etc, which looked as weird as it does now. People think being hateful is cool, and everyone wants to be part of a group no matter what that is because we're social beings and people can't cope with being alone. As much negativity as there is on the forums not everybody shares those kind of extreme sentiments though, and it does indeed look very weird.

Also I agree, I have over 1200 hours in Bannerlord now so I can safely say for myself that I lost my right to complain (doesn't mean I can't give constructive feedback though). Some have this amount of hours but still heavily complain, which is so interesting to me.
I also bought Valheim and could only squeeze 145 hours. People are getting impatient over there as well, it's been 4 freaking months and no update at all (just some retexture of 3 mobs/bosses which literally nobody asked for). Somehow there are still more positive people defending that game for some reason though. Having a roadmap with no updates is better than no roadmap with updates apparently? For me, TW's updating the game every 1-2 month is perfect in comparison to many other games.

Also good reminder, I also ordered quite an expensive sushi once. Wasn't all that impressing, I ordered it in the morning and it came at night. I think people just don't understand money, or just have very, very low expectations for literally everything else which is not Bannerlord. There's disappointing things everywhere, and if I happen to eat at a restaurant that I didn't like I will just stop eating at the restaurant, no reason to become a Karen over it. And if the restaurant changes in one year or so (gets +1/2 stars or something), I might try it again. Don't be an extremist in life, don't deprive yourself of things you might really enjoy.
Excuse me, but we're extremely tired of this "if you hate what's happened to Bannerlord, you're an extremist terrorist" trope.

You call us weird, but then you say something like this. Do you even proofread what you type?

We do so much for TW and the community yet get referred to as a "hate group", "weird" and "extremists".. I pray for you, really.

Somehow there are still more positive people defending that game for some reason though. Having a roadmap with no updates is better than no roadmap with updates apparently?
People will excuse a lot as long as they feel like you're engaging them. For better and worse.

Back
Top Bottom