Ever since Captain Lust left

Users who are viewing this thread

Things started to go downhill? Look back at 2016, archery looked normal, character movement looked normal, even the combat animations.

But then... What happened. Why is the beta like this?

Lust was pretty good at taking screenshots and hiding the bad stuff. Also around the time he left, they seem to have redone a lot of the mocapped animations. The current animations definitely look handmade, and there was a terrible walking animation in 2017 which clearly wasn't mocapped, because if it was I'd call the ambulance.

NUQAR'S Kentucky "Nuqar" James XXL said:
Lust was pretty good at taking screenshots and hiding the bad stuff. Also around the time he left, they seem to have redone a lot of the mocapped animations. The current animations definitely look handmade, and there was a terrible walking animation in 2017 which clearly wasn't mocapped, because if it was I'd call the ambulance.

I know for a fact they've been retouching animations. However the walking motion capture is still ugly...with a lot of weight and swag, but ugly.

Hit play and listen to the appropriate soundtrack for this walk:

cATojl.gif

They gave up mo-cap to make animations by hand? No wonder current animations in beta look so bad. And I was wondering what went wrong.

Captain Lust was a community manager. His job was to communicate with the fandom. I dont understand why would him leaving make things go downhill ?

KhergitLancer99 said:
Captain Lust was a community manager. His job was to communicate with the fandom. I dont understand why would him leaving make things go downhill ?

Frank was a part of the multiplayer community and then was hired to become the community manager. Without him the competitive scene might not have been what it was, since he was providing streaming and managing more than just the community's image, but also a lot of tournaments that helped fuel most of the scene. Frank was a perfect match to recruit to the company, so to me it's a bit sad. As he was the link to their multiplayer fanbase and with the state of some aspects of the game, it signals something that doesn't to be written. Combined with the PR (Bannerlord Full Release 2017 - Playable "In some form" 2016) looking at early access in 2020 now I imagine it was stressful. At least Frank helped realize his dream of a Warband LAN :cool:

Terco_Viejo said:

I know for a fact they've been retouching animations. However the walking motion capture is still ugly...with a lot of weight and swag, but ugly.

Hit play and listen to the appropriate soundtrack for this walk:

cATojl.gif

building on this...

fedeita said:
omg I never noticed the walking animation! sorry to say this but it is truly unacceptable.

I never noticed it this bad either. I think it must be when you steer with the mouse rather than strafing with the arrow keys.

I think it was a bug I encountered where my walking animation got stuck, this is the current patch we've been on for a while now though

thanks to Shemaforash

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist... we'll see how long it lasts.

@Shemaforash, Put it in your channel and I'll erase it from mine (ephemeral).

Terco_Viejo said:

thanks to Shemaforash

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist... we'll see how long it lasts.

@Shemaforash, Put it in your channel and I'll erase it from mine (ephemeral).

Should of slowed it and used this. LOL  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkJ_RgKer00

Back
Top Bottom