Events that have happened over the past 100 years and 2012 talk

Users who are viewing this thread

kiarj said:
Nahkuri said:
When was the last time the world was supposed to come to it's end?

2000, ain't it? :razz: Unless there was another one I didn't see passin'

2006, they thought the world was going to end on 06-06-06. The devils number.

Pah! Hahahahahaha XD Anyway, it isn't 666, it's 999. As in 1999, the year of his return! (Anyone?)

Seriously though, it was originaly 616 and the church changed it to make it more symbolistic, but shhhhh. T'is a secret.

2006 because then the date 060606 was, goodness ****ing gracious. That's almost like 666 you know!

2000 because apparently computers couldn't handle such a date and all the nuclear powerplants would've gone Tshernobyl or something.

1998 because 666x3 is 1998. Uh-huh.

Jec94227 said:
I'm thinking tat 2012 will be the End of The World as we know it. That is, together with the awsome song by REM and by GBS, I think that there will be some drastic change in the way humans live. My guess is that the oil supplies will reach crisis levels and we'll revert back to the good old days of barbarianism, with people fighting over the last of the oil.

So the future is like Mad Max.
Sounds alot like the road warrior if you ever have seen that movie... *gets his crossbow*

rockerjesse3 said:
Jec94227 said:
I'm thinking tat 2012 will be the End of The World as we know it. That is, together with the awsome song by REM and by GBS, I think that there will be some drastic change in the way humans live. My guess is that the oil supplies will reach crisis levels and we'll revert back to the good old days of barbarianism, with people fighting over the last of the oil.

So the future is like Mad Max.
Sounds alot like the road warrior if you ever have seen that movie... *gets his crossbow*

Well yeah obviously, considering Mad Max is road warrior.
Why'd you quote your own post anyways?

Nahkuri said:
When was the last time the world was supposed to come to it's end?

Well everytime theres a comet or asteroid passing in Sol system we hear some1 say it... remember Hailbob.

There was this particle acceleration tunnel that some1 did somewhere in Germany... ''Scientists'' said it could create a black hole. Wonder what kind of scientist think accelerating particles could Singularise the matter and Antimatter but meh...

Btw the Mayan calendar was a mix of Lunar cycles, Revolutions around the sun and Sol passing throught what we now call the Zodiac (the Milky way Arms)... there was also something referring to the Magellan Cluster and the Orion Stellar Nursery. The caledar they'd come up with was absolutely not comparable to ours, a year ranged between 300 and 400 of our days and wasnt always the same as its purpose was to situate Sol in the Milky way, this calendar was more of a Geographic map than a reference of time...

The calendar we talk about for 2012 is the one they used in their ''life songs'' that every kid had to sing and was supposed to determine their ''destiny''
Also the whole End of the world notion has been metioned by Mayans but it already happenned.

Some people mixed up the Mayan life songs with the Sumerian calendar and their belief in Nibiru (planet X) and the Annunaki, add a whole bunch of incoherent interpretations of a bunch of religions who talk about apocalypse (wich means in Greek: The lifting of the Curtain / the revelation of the truth).

Actually Mayan prophecies for the vurrent approximate time we are in are very Optimistic. they say the world will nearly be destroyed by Us and that Quetzal would send his Rainbow Warriors to enlighten the world and stop its suicide.

Remember that the same people used to believe that for the sun to rise everyday they had to spill the blood of a thousand warriors and they thought that eclipses where the Eye of their god... so i mean they were wrong about a bunch of stuff lol.

Sacrifices okay, but killing a thousand warriors each day, as you imply, would mean they had quite a lot of warriors.

I don't recall Mayans sacrificing a ****load of people anyhoo. The Aztects, however. Goodness ****ign gracious. Of course they didn't sacrifice warriors. Who'd fight their wars if they hadn't any warriors? No, captured slaves did well enough.

Nahkuri said:
I don't recall Mayans sacrificing a ****load of people anyhoo. The Aztects, however. Goodness ****ign gracious. Of course they didn't sacrifice warriors. Who'd fight their wars if they hadn't any warriors? No, captured slaves did well enough.
The Aztecs sacrificed rival warriors, who were sacrificed because it was a vital part of ensuring that the sun would rise. A key part often forgotten though is that most of those sacrifices were quite willing to die, since they followed the same religion.

Of course they followed the same religion! Who wouldn't, when they have seen the true glory of Quetzalcoatl!?

*Leaves a conspicuously red stained keyboard to make more sacrifices*

The only reason the world would "End" in 2012 is because everybody thinks it will so the economies crash. The real apocalypse will likely be nuclear war. We need to leave earth and settle other planets or we'll die of lack of resources anyways so why not kill ourselves in a fun way for whatever comes after us to see?

Splintert said:
The only reason the world would "End" in 2012 is because everybody thinks it will so the economies crash. The real apocalypse will likely be nuclear war. We need to leave earth and settle other planets or we'll die of lack of resources anyways so why not kill ourselves in a fun way for whatever comes after us to see?

No, clearly Palin will get elected as US president.

mcbeverage101 said:
Splintert said:

No, clearly Palin will get elected as US president.
Of course!

Back
Top Bottom