Added to Calendar: 13/09/20, 20/09/20

Users who are viewing this thread

Really great initiative, Octavius. I enjoyed the matches before they crashed (which they did every time). Taleworlds needs to up their effort, the community can't save a broken game.

EVENT 1 DEBRIEF - 6/28/2020
Before I get into things I wanna say how thrilled I am at how amazing the Bannerlord community is. We were able to gather 7 clans plus a bunch of public players and have probably the most entertaining Bannerlord multiplayer battle I've ever had. Combat was insanely fun and better than I ever expected.

HOWEVER, of the 3 matches we played, the server crashed prematurely every single time. The first and final round crashed about 15 minutes into the game which was really disappointing considering how fun the matches were, it was almost like we got an awesome taste of what the game could be but never got to finish the experience. The second round crashed before the warmup ended.

To Taleworlds - PLEASE fix the issues with servers crashing! This should be your TOP priority for multiplayer right now! The community deserves to be able to play matches without the servers crashing. @azakhi @Callum

To The Community - Just because the servers crashed does not mean we will stop trying to make community events! We will continue to host this event every week until we get public custom servers.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO QUEUE FOR SIEGE EVERY SUNDAY AT 9 PM EST!
See you all next week!

Last edited:
Thumbs up to Octavius for organizing this, For a few brief minutes I felt the fun and passion that makes playing mount and blade a joy. Yea, it wasn't perfect, but it was fun and enjoyable and despite some of the jank of combat the scale of it made it less personal and perfectionist. Thumbs up to everyone who played; the full server was enjoyable, the fights were good, and there was plenty of challenge, banter, and community.

Thumbs down to TaleWorlds; fix your ****. 3 of 4 crashes is inexcusable; it's one of the reasons no one wants to play siege. A fourth game after many people left played to completion. If your servers cant handle the numbers, cap it lower.

Either way; I'm looking forward to trying again next week, I hope for server stability, but nothing in the past has given me indication it will be realized.

After some suggestions from others in the community, I've decided to add an honor system "no cavalry" rule for next week's event. Hopefully, the elimination of horses will help prevent the server from crashing. This will only be a temporary change until more server stability patches are released. Of course, I can't enforce this on the server, especially for the public players - but my hope is that the clans (who make up the vast majority of the participants) will abide by this. Hopefully, that will allow the server to work.

To Taleworlds - PLEASE fix the issues with servers crashing! This should be your TOP priority for multiplayer right now! The community deserves to be able to play matches without the servers crashing.

I am sorry to hear that servers crashed frequently. There are multiple possibilities we are considering that causes crashes. A couple map related fixes that affects all MP maps will be released with next patch. Possibility of horses being the main issue is also being considered.
However the real problem is, currently there is an issue with getting crash dumps from Linux servers. I have been informed that this issue is being worked on. I will keep following the situation and share what is going on as much as I can.

EVENT 1 DEBRIEF - 6/28/2020
Before I get into things I wanna say how thrilled I am at how amazing the Bannerlord community is. We were able to gather 7 clans plus a bunch of public players and have probably the most entertaining Bannerlord multiplayer battle I've ever had. Combat was insanely fun and better than I ever expected.

HOWEVER, of the 3 matches we played, the server crashed prematurely every single time. The first and final round crashed about 15 minutes into the game which was really disappointing considering how fun the matches were, it was almost like we got an awesome taste of what the game could be but never got to finish the experience. The second round crashed before the warmup ended.

To Taleworlds - PLEASE fix the issues with servers crashing! This should be your TOP priority for multiplayer right now! The community deserves to be able to play matches without the servers crashing. @azakhi @Callum

To The Community - Just because the servers crashed does not mean we will stop trying to make community events! We will continue to host this event every week until we get public custom servers.

WE WILL CONTINUE TO QUEUE FOR SIEGE EVERY SUNDAY AT 9 PM EST!
See you all next week!

Thank you so much for hosting

I am sorry to hear that servers crashed frequently. There are multiple possibilities we are considering that causes crashes. A couple map related fixes that affects all MP maps will be released with next patch. Possibility of horses being the main issue is also being considered.
However the real problem is, currently there is an issue with getting crash dumps from Linux servers. I have been informed that this issue is being worked on. I will keep following the situation and share what is going on as much as I can.

And thank you so much for working on it.

These kind of interactions are what the Early Access is designed for. The community needs the devs and the devs need the community.

Thank you Octavius for initiating this Event. Its a real shame none of the games got completed due to crashes. I do agree with you that it is absolutely necessary that we keep doing siege events on sunday nights. This is how we, as a community, will be abble to provide support to Taleworlds and help them find what is the cause of these crashes. Siege Events in which we are more organized obviously pushes the servers to their limits more, which is a great way for them to investigate.

I have been informed that this issue is being worked on. I will keep following the situation and share what is going on as much as I can.
Glad to hear it's being worked on. Hopefully larger events like this help test things out. I'll keep hosting these each weekend.

These kind of interactions are what the Early Access is designed for. The community needs the devs and the devs need the community.
I completely agree with this! I see so much negativity and complaining on these forums I feel like it can be a bit overwhelming even at times and is just not constructive. I'd rather take a more active approach and ask myself "what can I do" to help the game. I love that the community all came to support this and am looking forward to next week. Hopefully, events like SNS will help show what issues really need to be prioritized.

Back
Top Bottom