Wait, what? Space Romans? Is the acid finally kicking in? Nope, welcome to the Space Romans event everyone. This event actually has very little to do with space, however. So, what is this event? It's the first event in the Space Event series, hosted and organized by the SW: Bear Force II community and BNS on other mods. There's lots of great mods out there that perhaps don't get the attention they deserve, and the BF II community is down for something new and fresh to do every Sunday. With that said, this event is probably not up to the standards of realism and accuracy some of the clans native to this mod are, after all it is going to be swarmed by loads of blaster wielding people. We would still however, invite everyone that isn't involved with the BF II community to participate in this event and have some fun! Our aim is to popularize this series of events through a different mod each week, and to eventually restore 200 player events to some glorious mods out there.
Time & Date: Sunday, 2nd April 2017; 20:00 GMT+0
Factions: Romani vs Rasenna
Maps: Random Large Plains
Event rules said:1. General Rules & Conduct
- All of the participants will have to be on the same teamspeak, you will be provided the IP once signed up.
- Each side is going to have one overall commander.
- The password will be handed out 15 minutes before the event start, try to be there with your men as soon as possible.
- Normal, civilised behaviour is expected in global chat, and in teamspeak during the event.
2. Teams and Classes
- Each team will be divided into 5 groups - Light Infantry, Heavy Infantry, Spearmen, Skirmishers(Archers/Slingers/Javelinmen) and Cavalry
- Each clan, upon sign up will choose their preffered role out of the upper 5 groups, and will be assigned one according to their size and priority to the event.
- In the event, your clan should use only the class specified for their role.
- Each infantry group is entitled to one officer class(Centurio/Velthinei), and each cavalry group is entitled to one officer as well.
- Each group is entitled to a maximum of one standard bearer.
- The general, and only the general of each faction may use the unique general class.
3. Equipment Rules
You may use any equipment within your assigned class that you have the money for except for the following:
- Any player who is not a commander/officer of the group should not have a plumed helmet.
4. Formations and Gameplay
- All groups are required to stay in formation at all times before and after a fight. Infantry in close, tight formations, archers and cavalry can combine more loose formations. Once in a fight, you can move any way you like, however once a fight is over you must return to regular formation.
- Any infantry group with 3 or less men alive must join the nearest formation.
- If you have a shield and a spear, you're required to have both equipped. This to avoid what essentially counts as an exploit.
Light Infantry(Hastatvs) - 20% of the team - Legio XII
Heavy Infantry(Princeps) - 40% of the team - Legio VIII, 33rd
Spearmen(Triarivs) - 15% of the team - 1stTHC
Ranged(Veles/Funditor/Saggitarius) - 15% of the team - Jomsvikingar
Cavalry(Eqves) - 10% of the team - NO CLAN ASSIGNED
Light Infantry(Venzile) - 20% of the team - 501st
Heavy Infantry(Huzrnana) - 40% of the team - 501st
Spearmen(Athumic) - 15% of the team - Athenai
Ranged(Uphale Vipa/Sauturine) - 15% of the team - Tarxuna, 501st
Cavalry(Satna) - 10% of the team - Legio XX
In order to join the event, you can fill out this short application form for your clan, or yourself if you're coming alone.
[b]Clan Name:[/b] [b]Clan Thread(If any):[/b] [b]Expected numbers:[/b] [b]We have read and agreed with the rules:[/b] [b]We understand and accept to be on the same teamspeak with other clans provided by the hosters:[/b] [b]Preffered faction and group type:[/b] [b]Leader Steam URL:[/b] [b]Second Leader Steam URL:[/b] [b]Anything else:[/b]
Solo Player Application Template:
[b]Player name:[/b] [b]I have read and understood the rules[/b]: [b]I understand and accept to be on the same teamspeak with everyone else, and that I will be assigned to whatever team that needs more men:[/b] [b]Steam URL:[/b] [b]Anything else:[/b]
See you there!