Native Completed European Sword and Shield Tournament 2 - ESST 2 - Do Your ****ing Duels Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I currently suspect DarkLight of using auto-block during my first-to-seven with him, I want to start a discussion about that in order to prove him guilty or in order for DarkLight to prove that he’s not guilty.

This accusation is based on the footage in the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FAHv0b_j0&t

What I find the most suspicious is that whenever I did a feint, his block would always quickly switch to a down-block right at the moments that I would switch from one attack to another attack. (the reason I find this suspicious is because when you use auto-block and there is no incoming attack registered by the auto-block, your block will always become a down-block)

Also, whenever he started one of his moves with a block, or whenever one of his moves consisted of a visible block, it was always a down-block. Whenever I suddenly cancelled my attack and went for a block instead, his block would switch into a down-block.

I would suggest everyone to watch the video themselves and to come to their own conclusions.
Also please check the comment section below the video, because some important things were said there as well.

Even if a majority agrees that DarkLight is actually using an autoblock, I find it hard to see him banning himself from his own tournament, I guess we'll see. Anyways, good luck dealing with this, I'm personally not competent enough to judge my opinion relevant on the matter.

Darklights blocks always transitions from the down position to Sponges attack, doesn't seem very fluid. Just from first impressions, though. His feints also transition from the down position to his attack, too. You can test how feints should look with auto blocks on in single-player , which is probably worthwhile. But when you compare how Sponge feints to dark lights, there is obviously something different... Lol OK I finished video. My vote is he auto blocks . Maybe his retard play style makes him pull his mouse down every block

I'd suggest looking at previous duels that dark light has done for the same thing before accusing him of anything

spongewastaken said:
Because I currently suspect DarkLight of using auto-block during my first-to-seven with him, I want to start a discussion about that in order to prove him guilty or in order for DarkLight to prove that he’s not guilty.

This accusation is based on the footage in the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3FAHv0b_j0&t

What I find the most suspicious is that whenever I did a feint, his block would always quickly switch to a down-block right at the moments that I would switch from one attack to another attack. (the reason I find this suspicious is because when you use auto-block and there is no incoming attack registered by the auto-block, your block will always become a down-block)

Also, whenever he started one of his moves with a block, or whenever one of his moves consisted of a visible block, it was always a down-block. Whenever I suddenly cancelled my attack and went for a block instead, his block would switch into a down-block.

I would suggest everyone to watch the video themselves and to come to their own conclusions.
Also please check the comment section below the video, because some important things were said there as well.

Arni and I discussed this last night. Darklight has autoblocked on Ludus in the past and both BD and I have warned him about it, so it's not impossible he used it. However the moments you mention in the comments disprove your entire argument:

You mention 6:22 as a moment which proves he is autoblocking. However if you slow it down to 0.25 speed you just see Darklight blocking down even when you're swinging. It is a little weird that in so many cancel moments he blocks down but this isn't that different to how I, for instance, block up in most cancel moments. In fact take a look at this, where I block down immediately after my shield breaks. Unless this happens every time in the duel with almost no exception then you can't just pick 4 or 5 moments and call them proof of auto, cause some people just block a certain way to do their feints. That's why it's so hard to tell in the video - since Darklight's feints are so horrendously bad you can't see any indication of autoblock in them.

Just keep in mind he has used it in the past, so it's not impossible he's using it again, but I haven't checked out the whole video so I can't say one way or the other for certain.

Basically what Gibby said. I don't think he's an autoblocker, at least it isn't shown in this video. If you can provide some more compelling evidence then he'll be removed from the tournament.

Since this is my own tournament ill avoid making any statements of my own here to avoid appearing unfair to anyone. If you want to discuss with me about this you can steam me or just PM, but ill let Arni handle this one.

cheers.

Raven (Gothia) said:
Gibby Jr said:
spongewastaken said:

You mention 6:22 as a moment which proves he is autoblocking. However if you slow it down to 0.25 speed you just see Darklight blocking down even when you're swinging. It is a little weird that in so many cancel moments he blocks down but this isn't that different to how I, for instance, block up in most cancel moments. In fact take a look at this, where I block down immediately after my shield breaks. Unless this happens every time in the duel with almost no exception then you can't just pick 4 or 5 moments and call them proof of auto, cause some people just block a certain way to do their feints. That's why it's so hard to tell in the video - since Darklight's feints are so horrendously bad you can't see any indication of autoblock in them.

Just keep in mind he has used it in the past, so it's not impossible he's using it again, but I haven't checked out the whole video so I can't say one way or the other for certain.

I just want to note that on 0.25 speed you cannot hear the sounds for the swings sponge did there. I watched it at 0.50 and on that speed, what I noticed is that, yes, sponge made the sounds for a swing, but he switched his attack during the very first part of the animation. DarkLight quite clearly made his block attempt right after sponge switched away from his hit. Right afterwards DarkLight released his block and then there was a repeat of this situation right afterwards. Whether this counts as definitive proof of DarkLight being an auto-blocker isn't up to my judgement, but I still think it's suspicious enough for others to look into it aswell.
Darklighto is guilty 100%. (Illuminati confirmed)

If you watch the entire video in 0.25 (lol), you can see how feints interchange with blocks. A good example is 1:40 during this exchange. You can see Sponge's feint go from left attack>up block>left attack, while Darklight goes left attack>down block>left attack, and then down blocks between Sponge's feints. I can tell you with confidence that 100% of Darklight's feints, if watched in 0.25 speed, will either correspond with a down block (if Sponge is blocking) or the block direction of Sponge's attack (if Sponge has an attack ready).

Gibby Jr said:
You mention 6:22 as a moment which proves he is autoblocking. However if you slow it down to 0.25 speed you just see Darklight blocking down even when you're swinging. It is a little weird that in so many cancel moments he blocks down but this isn't that different to how I, for instance, block up in most cancel moments. In fact take a look at this, where I block down immediately after my shield breaks.

You should not ignore the frequency of Darklight's down blocking, and stuff like animation delay/input delay. Simply, Darklight down blocks an unnatural amount during the duel in an unnatural way. Even if its like your case, where you do it by habit...

1. You don't do the up block so incredibly consistently in cancel moments
2. Darklight hasn't shown he has a habit of down attacks until now (prove me wrong, please!)

I mean... it's such an obvious autoblock that its apparent whether you slow the video down or not. It's just foolish to ignore the the entire video because Sponge brought up a controversial moment where Darklight's down block didn't swap to Sponge's attack immediately.

Gibby Jr said:
Unless this happens every time in the duel with almost no exception then you can't just pick 4 or 5 moments and call them proof of auto, cause some people just block a certain way to do their feints. That's why it's so hard to tell in the video - since Darklight's feints are so horrendously bad you can't see any indication of autoblock in them.

It won't happen every time with almost no exception because Darklight's autoblock corresponds to Sponge's attack and won't go to the down block after every one of Sponge's attack. However, it happens frequently enough to suspect that he uses autoblock. Again, using the 0.25 speed, you can clearly see the autoblock in Darklight's feints.

This coupled with the fact that Darklight has used autoblock in the past should be enough proof. I really don't see how you can doubt he uses autoblock from this video.

Colonel Horyse said:

Think it is a bit hypocritical that you use any chance you can get to **** talk people when you feel you have the moral high ground, especially considering you triple teamed only recently.

Keep it constructive.

Colonel Horyse said:
Completely agree with Guacc too.

Look at 10:29 on the video, Sponge isn't doing anything but DarkLight gets scared and relies on his autoblock, he blocks downward.

It's clear that DL is using auto block and is sad that Sponge who is an honest warblader has been eliminated because of it.

I was reviewing other DL duels and there seems to be a unnatural trend of DL losing the first few fights and then making a miraculous recovery, it just all seems a bit odd and out of place, perhaps he is switching his auto-block on and off for specific opponents?

Also, finding out the host of a duel tourney has been found guilty of using auto-block in the past is jokes
You have no idea how this game works, why do you even type

Imo darklight is good even without autoblock

So I received some interesting steam flood messages so I have been reading all this messages lately related with Darklight.

These accusations are bull****, I've been playing with darklight for a long time, and constantly doing melee practise with him, I can asure you that he doesnt use any kind of autoblock or asisting tools to block. He would be terrible if I managed to win him 1 each 3-4 times ft7s with my duelling skill which is crap.

Now with that subjectival state being said, I wanted to point out more realistic facts:

·First of all, some people are saying that Darklight used autoblock in the past, in Ludus. I was in the server that day, BD never accused Darklight of autoblocking, it was just Gibby weeks before he accused another guy of cheating shooting bolts through shields. Darklight never used autoblock, not even that day when Gibby accused him, and Gibby probably thought he was using it because of similar reasons than the ones this guys are pointing out with some 'proof'.

·Darklight's spent all his duelling hours the past year, developing a different blocking style than most of the players. Instead of realising in the end of a feint what block he has to deliver when the feint ends, he uses his fast reflexes and practise to just follow the whole feint as long as he can no matter how good the opponent's feints are and just keep up with the speed.

·In addition to this, Darklight's been downside blocking a lot after his attacks, as he had lot of punishment lately with fast stabs or feints starting with swing into fast stab. It's smth he has worked on the past weeks and he mechanised after landing a hit to just down block(it also becomes a good position to fast react to every single attack direction, something which benefits a player with extremely good blocking skills), same way he now stabs more when realises his enemy spam kicks.

You should really get some solid proof instead of stuff that can be done without need of autoblock. I literally saw him lose a thousand times, even officials and this accusation is just pointless and disgusting to be seen.

I completly believe that Darklight's not a cheater, because of the facts that I said, I can be mistaken indeed, but atm im gonna gather all the proof I can to show that Darklight's not autoblocking.

2rScj.jpg

gfs dopey 7-3

Charlini said:

I had a few ft7s with DL already. He is a very skilled player (concerning the inf and 1h), but I find this video being a good proof. I am not going to dissect it, guacc and others did it before me, so I'll just say a simple call. - Convince us.

Charlini, since you're a good friend of Darklight and on the same team as him I think you should give more than just anecdotal evidence in defending him. I'm not saying you're lying or being purposefully distrustful but you should supply evidence that the entire community can see and believe, besides your words on the forum.

This is solid proof of auto block, what you are saying is not solid proof of him not auto blocking. From a neutral standpoint, he was a low tier player who now has beaten good duelists like Vernon and Sponge with a very odd playstyle. You can see how sketchy this is, right?

Colonel Horyse said:
Try and look past your hatred for me, what I write is fair.

p.s. watters atleast ive never used autoblock  :ohdear:

It isn't fair what you write: you start trash talking him about cheating before he's actually shown to be cheating, even though your own record is getting close to Arni's.

Guaccmoleboy said:
Charlini, since you're a good friend of Darklight and on the same team as him I think you should give more than just anecdotal evidence in defending him. I'm not saying you're lying or being purposefully distrustful but you should supply evidence that the entire community can see and believe, besides your words on the forum.

This is solid proof of auto block, what you are saying is not solid proof of him not auto blocking. From a neutral standpoint, he was a low tier player who now has beaten good duelists like Vernon and Sponge with a very odd playstyle. You can see how sketchy this is, right?

To be fair, calling DarkLight a low tier player is silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom