EU Skirmish Completed European Nations League

Users who are viewing this thread

did u not read what i said they both are slavs i believe
and so are Bulgarians, Poles, Czechs, Ukrainians and the rest of eastern Europe. Eastern Europe = Slavic. Still wouldn't make sense to mash up Serbs with Russians or Croatians with Ukrainians.
Mate.. That's the same as saying "THE GERMANIC TRIBES ARE MORE THAN 1000 YEARS BEFORE THE ACTUAL GERMAN PEOPLE".. duh
He's still right, though. Is there anything that connects Serbs & Russians today? They wouldn't even be able to talk to each other cause they don't have a common tongue, except for maybe English (taking into account that Russian is an east-slavic language and serbian is a south-slavic language they won't be able to understand each other)

But to come back to the main topic, I also believe that it's too early for any kind of nations cup. The game only has a very basic clan system to work with and it would be a huge hassle to figure stuff out every match and the player-base is still very small, not allowing for actually representative teams. Team Pol is basically DM, team Turkey will most likely be RM & team GER will be a mix of players from DR & RM. Give the whole thing a little bit more time. Wait for custom servers and do it then. Otherwise you're just going to waste a lot of time & effort into something that prolly won't work (or at least not the way you intended it to do)

I mean, Serbia isn't culturally linked to Russia. You do have the same flag colors but hey, many countries have red white, and blue.
Alliances need some kind of logic, aka same language (BeNe Austria&Switzerland, UK, France&Luxembourg for example)
We don’t care about nationalistic statements like this what says that one nations can be friends but other can’t. We are friends with Serbian guys in this game. We are playing together a lot. So what’s the problem?

First Russia doesn’t need an alliance because it’s a big nation, and it doesn’t need other players to field a roster of 6 players. Then, there is no reason for Russia to ally with Serbia because as I said they have literally nothing in common as of right now, besides an ethnicity that most eastern countries share. If you believe Russia needs an alliance then there is nothing I can do for you.

Nation events are always a meme if you want fair teams or not? We can wait 2 years but even then Poland will crush everyone ...

First Russia doesn’t need an alliance because it’s a big nation, and it doesn’t need other players to field a roster of 6 players. Then, there is no reason for Russia to ally with Serbia because as I said they have literally nothing in common as of right now, besides an ethnicity that most eastern countries share. If you believe Russia needs an alliance then there is nothing I can do for you.

Every single country in Europe has 6 guys (with bad skill and mb even never played skirmish but who cares) who playing bannerlord. So this means that no one need an alliance. Just let Poland and German play their grandfinal bo5. What the point of this tournament?

Every single country in Europe has 6 guys (with bad skill and mb even never played skirmish but who cares) who playing bannerlord. So this means that no one need an alliance. Just let Poland and German play their grandfinal bo5. What the point of this tournament?
NC has always been like that: there are nations who don't stand a chance against top nations, the same way clans don't stand a chance against other clans. No offense but what's the difference between RM and DM dominating the scene and Poland and either Turkey (if RM is 100% turk which I'm not sure) or Germany? I know the main difference is that there would be WAY less team overall, but your argument states that there are only two teams who stand a chance, but it was the same way for BEAST1 and BEAST2

Btw I mean no offense to other div A clans, but I am just trying to prove that there will always be favorites and underdogs. I am certain none of you will be insulted when I say that RM and DM are above other clans right?

NC has always been like that: there are nations who don't stand a chance against top nations, the same way clans don't stand a chance against other clans. No offense but what's the difference between RM and DM dominating the scene and Poland and either Turkey (if RM is 100% turk which I'm not sure) or Germany? I know the main difference is that there would be WAY less team overall, but your argument states that there are only two teams who stand a chance, but it was the same way for BEAST1 and BEAST2

Btw I mean no offense to other div A clans, but I am just trying to prove that there will always be favorites and underdogs. I am certain none of you will be insulted when I say that RM and DM are above other clans right?

This state makes sense if there are many teams. For example there are 16 teams and you have a chance to be in top 5 at least (as in BEAST). But on this tournament will be 4-5 teams only so what the point?

I think you're talking a bit too fast... I'll give an example of a tournament that surprised us all (2018 Football World Cup). We never imagined that Croatia was a gifted country. And yet, they managed to make it to the World Cup final by facing France. At the beginning, personally, I was convinced that it would be a country like England or Brazil and I didn't expect Croatia. And it's the same for Bannerlord, at any moment Poland could lose its title of best team on M&B. So you should never talk too fast, because you can be disappointed with the final result.

I think you're talking a bit too fast... I'll give an example of a tournament that surprised us all (2018 Football World Cup). We never imagined that Croatia was a gifted country. And yet, they managed to make it to the World Cup final by facing France. At the beginning, personally, I was convinced that it would be a country like England or Brazil and I didn't expect Croatia. And it's the same for Bannerlord, at any moment Poland could lose its title of best team on M&B. So you should never talk too fast, because you can be disappointed with the final result.
Real life competitions have nothing to do with warband/bannerlord competitions tho. And Croatia wasn't a favorite at first, but it definitely became a favorite to reach the final after destroying Argentina and after all the favorites ended up in one side of the knockout stage. Croatia's opponents were not that great, the strongest of them being England who was still an inexperienced team at the time (mostly young players). The 2018 world cup had the 3 favorites in the same side of the knockout stage so it's normal to only have one favorite in the final in this case.

nation cups were always like this. In the end its just a fun community event to meet others from your country.

Small nations like serbia needs alliances (preferably with other small) or they will struggle to even field enough people.

There is a big difference. There is a tiny community in bannerlord so we know every single good player in this game and can predict very accurate almost every single match result. Unexpectable results happens rarely.

nation cups were always like this. In the end its just a fun community event to meet others from your country.

Small nations like serbia needs alliances (preferably with other small) or they will struggle to even field enough people.
Yeah, if you look at my first words " NC has always been like that "

Maybe it pushes the devs to work faster on the clan improvements.
It's fairly safe to say that the development priorities do not acknowledge the smallest part of the player base, which is the competitive multiplayer scene.
I've proposed quite a number of potentially useful stuff that would also aid in making the organisation for this event be somewhat bareable, but if we want to plan an event we have to consider the current state of the game. And the current state is atrocious for this kind of event, it's barely decent enough to have regular clan competitions.
I get the appeal of playing with your nations tag, but people really need to look at the practical components of this idea. What a decent event of this scale would really need is a proper team forming function in game, the event should be advertised in game with a link to the forums et cetera et cetera.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the event is impossible to host and played, I'm just saying it's inconvenient and the event will be nowhere as good as it should be, there's just way to many issues for that.

It's fairly safe to say that the development priorities do not acknowledge the smallest part of the player base, which is the competitive multiplayer scene.
I've proposed quite a number of potentially useful stuff that would also aid in making the organisation for this event be somewhat bareable, but if we want to plan an event we have to consider the current state of the game. And the current state is atrocious for this kind of event, it's barely decent enough to have regular clan competitions.
I get the appeal of playing with your nations tag, but people really need to look at the practical components of this idea. What a decent event of this scale would really need is a proper team forming function in game, the event should be advertised in game with a link to the forums et cetera et cetera.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that the event is impossible to host and played, I'm just saying it's inconvenient and the event will be nowhere as good as it should be, there's just way to many issues for that.
100% agree

Back
Top Bottom