EU Skirmish Completed European Nations League

Users who are viewing this thread

Completely agree with this.
The problem is that without custom servers, most players dont really have a way to know eachother and so to form teams for a nation tournament. The only ones who will form a team are likely people who already knew and played with eachother.
To me this feels rushed and imo good things never come out of rushing ahead of time (like this game).
Just have some patience and wait till the community grows otherwise you will have not that many teams and they wont represent the nations like they could in per say 6 months. I also personally hope that if this tournament happens it wont put on hold beast tournament and all the players who dont have a nation team to play with.
This. Right now, the community is very small and a nations tournament seems out of place at this point, there will be (hopefully) a much better time to have one once the MP scene grows.

Not passing judgment on whether now is the right time to be hosting an Bannerlord NC, but figure there's some points which I'd like to raise
1. Call it a Bannerlord NC for the legacy lol. If the game survives, you will doubtless have teams from other regions that want to sign up at some point in the future. Even in the 2019/2020 warband NCs (which lacked a number of teams that traditionally formed in EU), there was a team from NA, 2 teams from SA, and a CN team. Limiting yourself to EU teams is shortsighted, when literally every other tournament that will be hosted in EU will have 'European' in the title somewhere.

2. I don't know how far the community for EU BL has come (because let's face it, 90% of the teams will come from EU regardless) in terms of willingness to play together outside of their competitive teams, but NC has never been considered a super competitive tournament (since at least 2012). That's not to say the Bannerlord Community can't break the mold and form their own traditions/views regarding tournaments, but the NC was historically
- A chance to break up the 'top dog' teams
- A chance for the lesser skilled players (mid-tier range) to play with the top players from their respective regions, and learn from them
- A silly source of pride for the winning nation

3. Regarding what teams a player should be allowed to play for- the typical solution is for the admin team to decide. Traditionally, if you live/reside in a country, you can play for that country. If you're from a country and still have ties to the country, you can also play for them even if you're currently abroad (such as spending a semester doing foreign study etc). Common language is typically expected. Only countries with shared borders can combine teams, and should only be combined if both teams cannot form teams on their own, or in extreme cases where only 1-2 players are known to play in the country (GL Serbia).

Anyway, best of luck with hosting the tournament and I look forward to seeing what ruleset ends up being decided on.

I repeat, this competition has nothing to do with the nation cup, it is another competition completely independent of the NC.
It is by no way the succession of the cup nation

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you don't get it @Comte Dark it's not about whether it's an NC or not, but it's about the fact that it's about your nationality rather than your affiliation with a team.

The points which apply for the old Nation's Cups apply as well as new problems which arise with Bannerlord, to sum it up:
1) A new ingame clan has to be founded by the captain and constant switching will be necessary, as well as refounding, all that stuff, which will be an annoying to deal with unless you want to use the matchfinder, which will cause a lot of problems for a tournament (see BEAST#1). The Clan system is better to use for a tournament, but probably not this one. Clan leaders might not put up with this crap (constant leaving and rejoining of ingame clans) unless they're the captains of said teams, which is so far just given in one case and that's the Polish team. If the clan leaders will not play along, this tournament will be in trouble.
1a) Regarding this issue, I'm not in charge of my ingame clan. But this can be particular annoying if said clan leader is not online and their clan has a match set for a date where the leader can't be obtained, effectively barring some players from playing for their actual team. Especially for Deutschritter this could be a problem, I don't know NoVas take on it though.
2) There won't be many teams since some language communities are large and some teams will just not form because there are not enough players.
3) The aforementioned criticism towards a Nation's Cup-styled tournament (you can't deny that this is one) still stands.

Last edited:
Just very briefly from the mind of someone that was part of the original ENL staff, NC staff etc:

The game, as it is now, is quite focused on Captain Skirmish and its clans for the competitive scene.
A gigantic issue with organising any long-term event outside of the current clan structure will put all players in the annoying position of constantly leaving and rejoining their clans and any national squad they may be part of.
You could just put this off as a nuisance, but I'm not super keen on reinviting half my clans first team just so they can have this on the side.

It does point at a flaw in the current competitive system, which should imo be adressed before wandering into a long term event outside of the clan content.

Edit: To further clarify: Were talking constant reinvites for people that scrim and play in clan and nations cup team and currently it's on 1 person to keep all that together, which would put this at at the equivalent of being a 24/7 first response job.
This is all accounting me not yet having a proper look at how the tournament is set up, organised etc. Will read up on this of course.

Last edited:
Just very briefly from the mind of someone that was part of the original ENL staff, NC staff etc:

The game, as it is now, is quite focused on Captain Skirmish and its clans for the competitive scene.
A gigantic issue with organising any long-term event outside of the current clan structure will put all players in the annoying position of constantly leaving and rejoining their clans and any national squad they may be part of.
You could just put this off as a nuisance, but I'm not super keen on reinviting half my clans first team just so they can have this on the side.

It does point at a flaw in the current competitive system, which should imo be adressed before wandering into a long term event outside of the clan content.

Edit: To further clarify: Were talking constant reinvites for people that scrim and play in clan and nations cup team and currently it's on 1 person to keep all that together, which would put this at at the equivalent of being a 24/7 first response job.
This is all accounting me not yet having a proper look at how the tournament is set up, organised etc. Will read up on this of course.
Maybe it pushes the devs to work faster on the clan improvements.

My main complaint is yes we could put a English team together but ik for a fact it wouldn't be the best team to represent English players, the field of good players of each nationality is very unbalanced. Tcv has bearly more english than germans and we are a english clan just the field of players isnt avaliable at this time

My main complaint is yes we could put a English team together but ik for a fact it wouldn't be the best team to represent English players, the field of good players of each nationality is very unbalanced. Tcv has bearly more english than germans and we are a english clan just the field of players isnt avaliable at this time

Same for Russia. We can gather 6 guys yes but this is not the best players coz really good players don’t want to play this game atm. We don’t want to join tournament for just be stomped by polaks and germans. I asked Dark about union Russia + Serbia for more competitiveness but he didn’t allow that.

That's kind of the problem of the entire MP of this game rn. You only have a very limited playerbase, and with that comes a very limited selection of countries. If the Multiplayer of Bannerlord becomes active after the end of Early Access or with the introduction of Private Servers, the playerbase should increase by a pretty decent amount, which then would make a League like this possible.

Same for Russia. We can gather 6 guys yes but this is not the best players coz really good players don’t want to play this game atm. We don’t want to join tournament for just be stomped by polaks and germans. I asked Dark about union Russia + Serbia for more competitiveness but he didn’t allow that.

BT + Argentum = OP Team

I mean, Serbia isn't culturally linked to Russia. You do have the same flag colors but hey, many countries have red white, and blue.
Alliances need some kind of logic, aka same language (BeNe Austria&Switzerland, UK, France&Luxembourg for example)

Also, Russia doesn't need an alliance with Serbia because as they have shown in past NCs, they had many players who weren't actually Russian, with the most controversial of them being banned during an NC final because he played for both Ukraine and Russia.

I mean, Serbia isn't culturally linked to Russia. You do have the same flag colors but hey, many countries have red white, and blue.
Alliances need some kind of logic, aka same language (BeNe Austria&Switzerland, UK, France&Luxembourg for example)

Also, Russia doesn't need an alliance with Serbia because as they have shown in past NCs, they had many players who weren't actually Russian, with the most controversial of them being banned during an NC final because he played for both Ukraine and Russia.
Russia kinda is, russia helped serbia in world war one cos they felt like it was their job to protect fellow slavs as serbians and russians are slavs

Russia kinda is, russia helped serbia in world war one cos they felt like it was their job to protect fellow slavs as serbians and russians are slavs
Yeah more than 100 years ago. How are they linked today? Do they speak the same language ?
At this point let’s just have Austria Hungary Germany Poland Alliances because of WW2.

Yeah more than 100 years ago. How are they linked today? Do they speak the same language ?
At this point let’s just have Austria Hungary Germany Poland Alliances because of WW2.

Mate.. That's the same as saying "THE GERMANIC TRIBES ARE MORE THAN 1000 YEARS BEFORE THE ACTUAL GERMAN PEOPLE".. duh

Back
Top Bottom