Native Completed European 1h Dueling Contest Season 2 - [EDC2]

Users who are viewing this thread

I think you missed the point. You've not even posted an announcement in the thread trying to hurry people up. You need to set a deadline and stick to it. If nobody responds from a duel then kick both of them. If one person responds and the other doesn't before the deadline, kick the inactive one. If both respond and cant decide a date, set one for them. Like I said it's pretty clear you lost interest in the tournament which is why it's ground to a halt. It's your responsibility to stop that happening, not the players. Players duel in actively administrated tournaments.

I set deadlines and expected people to duel by that point. They didn't. It's fine if people don't want to duel; I could've messaged everyone on steam or posted something here like you suggested and that would probably have gotten people duelling, and I was pretty harsh with the defaults I was giving out earlier in the tournament even to the extent that I was giving dozens of defaults each week across both brackets but that was so that those who were duelling could keep doing so. When it got to the point that nobody was freely doing duels I lost interest in giving defaults because there was nobody that wanted to keep going. Grey Warden can spam some people and try to get it going again if he wants, and he can have admin on the bracket so he can administer it.

And I will gladly do that, however, I would also like to receive the rights to give people extensions (nothing extreme like a week or two, 2-3 days max, I can see why you wouldn't want to make active people wait longer than they might want to) if both sides are willing to duel, but are unable to do it on the deadline given. In most other tournaments it kind of went without saying anyway. We can discuss other details on steam.

The three remaining combatants are Bloody Death, Rayden and myself. I have a break from my exams for 1 week so let's get this thing done before the end of the week pls.

Rayden and BD please duel this weekend if you can, or in the weekday, and the final will take place on Saturday 4th June or Sunday 5th June.

I should have joined, quit to the losers bracket, purposely get default wins so I can go to final. that means:

A - I don't have to duel BD during round 6
B - I automatically get a medal which would guarantee be second place for doing nothing.

Total mug.

_Osiris_ said:
Didnt you quit from the tournament? #Fietta (or is it a case of I quit unless i can get a free ride to a medal then im back in!) :razz:

I quit and knocked myself out of main bracket, but cause I was so far into the bracket when I went into the Loser's Bracket nobody caught up with me. Since the tournament is dead and nobody in the Loser's bracket has duelled for 20 days I decided to just go to the end of the tournament with 3 players which is required to complete a tournament of this format.
I quit because of exams, of which I had one everyday this week and have thus far done 9. I have a week break and then 10 more exams. Given the timing I'm able to play only during this coming week. I don't really care at this point who wins, which I thought was clear from the fact I asked the tournament to go to the completed section but since it wasn't moved I'm just going to end the tournament like this. I was looking forward to getting my chance at beating BD just like I got with Arni, and now thanks to this week off I'll be able to play enough to at least give him a good fight.

I asked Alene to move it to completed like 3 weeks ago but at this point I just want to end it. No Fietta, I'm not desperate to win something I already did, I just want to get it finished. I'm not going to ask anyone to make a medal or something for this. The tournament ended on like the 2nd May as far as I'm concerned.

thanks to everyone who is involved was a nice tournament

and i think i proved that im the best player in this game sorry but im not gonna be humble this was an easy tournament for me

Back
Top Bottom