[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Thank you very much, Quintillius!
By the way, I got already promoted to Colonel! :grin:

Tom Bubu said:
:idea: Btw, got something completly crazy in my head.... what about receiving medals when rising up through ranks?  :lol: 
Hmm, reminds me of The Wedding Dance. I think it'd be better if you got medals in your inventory instead of on your uniform, which would be not only hard to code (I think), but a bit unrealistic too: Imagine a cuirassier with medals on his cuirass, or a ragged veteran in a worn-out coat with some immaculate medals on it...
(And of course they'd look ugly on the dark-grey overcoat I hope to wear in version II.)

But with medals in your inventory, it's simpler and (at least in my opinion) easier. Maybe you can get a bonus on your 'leadership' skill with each medal?
(If this was Warband, I'd say: Girls should like you more, 'cause you're a hero of sorts :mrgreen: )

EDIT:
Hey, maybe, if your rank is high enough, you could hand over medals to companions who performed really well (with high levels of course), which gives you a relationship bonus with them and them (maybe) more pay? or skill bonusses? anyway, it'd be cool...

Captured Joe said:
(And of course they'd look ugly on the dark-grey overcoat I hope to wear in version II.)

?
Do you mean my beautiful Prussian uniform is ugly  :eek:?

Congratulations on your promotion!

Only thing I can say: I have already a complex system - it's done.

- Quintillius

Hahah, yea, medals in inventory is great idea and yeah, it'd be nice but wait....  :arrow:
Quintillius already got a  "C*O*M*P*L*E*X  S*Y*S*T*E*M"    :lol:    That's just...just highly significant!  :mrgreen:
But anyway, as you said Captured Joe, using medals on anything else than just right and suitable uniform could be not as we all imagine. So I think you're right.  :smile:

Tom Bubu said:
Hahah, yea, medals in inventory is great idea and yeah, it'd be nice but wait....  :arrow:
Quintillius already got a  "C*O*M*P*L*E*X  S*Y*S*T*E*M"    :lol:    That's just...just highly significant!  :mrgreen:

Ey! Sshht! That's a secret.

But anyway, as you said Captured Joe, using medals on anything else than just right and suitable uniform could be not as we all imagine. So I think you're right.  :smile:

To be clear: not every uniform will have medals. Only officer / vassal uniforms. And officers don't get more than 2 little medals. Most officers don't have any (they are too lazy).

Captured Joe said:
Quintillius said:
Do you mean my beautiful Prussian uniform is ugly  :eek:?
No, I only don't want pieces of metal on the Dark Grey / black overcoat that (I hope) you'll put in Version II. I didn't mean your uniforms are ugly, they are beautiful.

(A)! Thank you.
Why do you really want to Grey / Black overcoat?

Captured Joe said:
Because it looks great!

BTW, how are those scenes doing?

EDIT: Of course, if you don't want the coat in it, just leave it out, it's your decision. This mod already looks great.

I need to make a whole new model for the coat. So, I hope you won't mind. The Austrians already has a nice officer uniform :wink:!

Quintillius said:
Tom Bubu said:

Ey! Sshht! That's a secret.

To be clear: not every uniform will have medals. Only officer / vassal uniforms. And officers don't get more than 2 little medals. Most officers don't have any (they are too lazy).

Ok, I'm silent about it. hehe. Lazy officers ;D Sitting in tent waiting for letters from their wifes, drinking red wine with full bellies...luckers  :lol:

BTW one simple question, I'd like to see a coat that Monte Christo was wearing. I think he was wearing one, actually. lol. I mean the version with G.Depardieu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Count_of_Monte_Cristo_(1998_miniseries))  hehe.
I'd really like to feign I'm Count of Monte Christo and make all my sweet revenge beside having a 2nd char. that would fight for Napoleon .  :twisted:

I thought there was already an uniform like that in the mod?

I believe it's called 'officer coat' or 'officer uniform' in-game;
There's also a civilian costume which looks exactly the same, but is cheaper and gives less protection.

Captured Joe said:
I thought there was already an uniform like that in the mod?

I believe it's called 'officer coat' or 'officer uniform' in-game;
There's also a civilian costume which looks exactly the same, but is cheaper and gives less protection.

Well, yeah you are right but it's not as I think of it, to be honest. It doesn't have that "shady" look of early 19th century, I siriously dunno why. lol ...  :roll: :grin:

Quintillius said:
Can you give me an exact image of the uniform  :mrgreen:?

Here are the pics, 3rd one is best overview and he got even the overcoat/long trench coat on.

Back
Top Bottom