[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

jay stirling said:
Hi, great mod shame the smoke is a bit heavy, is there any troops that use the Ferguson Rifle ? i use british riflement at the moment great as snipers :grin:

Historically the Ferguson rifle had been out of use at that time, not to mention, it was barely used even when it was an issued firearm.

Gilgameshismyhomey said:
jay stirling said:
Hi, great mod shame the smoke is a bit heavy, is there any troops that use the Ferguson Rifle ? i use british riflement at the moment great as snipers :grin:

Historically the Ferguson rifle had been out of use at that time, not to mention, it was barely used even when it was an issued firearm.
i think the Ferguson was mainly added to the mod as a "cheat" weapon.  it loads quickly and you can dodge while reloading.  but i like to make it an even greater cheat weapon, by going into the files and making it as accurate as the Baker(which historically, in fact, it was), then i make the Baker as fast to reload as the Ferguson.  needless to say, me and my 100 chosen men own every battlefield we encounter :twisted:

Will this ever be made for Warband? I played it on M&B and loved to get 80 Chosen Men with 30 Tyrolean Jaggers together and just slaughter the French and Italians.

English_Longbowman said:
Will this ever be made for Warband? I played it on M&B and loved to get 80 Chosen Men with 30 Tyrolean Jaggers together and just slaughter the French and Italians.

I honestly have not heard of any plans.  However, there is another great looking mod with many factions in the process of being created here.

oliver255 said:
English_Longbowman said:

I honestly have not heard of any plans.  However, there is another great looking mod with many factions in the process of being created here.

This shocks me. It seems that modification is way much better than Europe II ever can become. My motivation really lowered now. What feature can beat their mod?

Captured Joe said:
Well, I find your ranking + payment system already great. Maybe you can expand it to the lower ranks?

It's actually Berthout's work =p. And uhm, I really want to simulate the live of a soldier of that era in this mod. You needed to work hard.

As it seems the most of our fans want this live =p.

hi :grin:
been playing the mod for some time now and it's really really really really good :grin:

Just to provide feedback and perhaps a sugestion:

1. The soldiers are all quallity made skin-wise but could i point out  the issue in the old mount&blade medieval bot !
- The medieval bowman uses bow until he is 1 meter away from opponent (+ medieval archers have armor and even if the attacker charges with mele on them they have a fighting chance)

- The rifleman acts just like this and it doesn't really work. To make the al behave even stupider, the 2 rifleman would occasionaly stand 4-5 meters away from each other, shoot each other, and then slowly reload their weapons looking at each other

My suggestion: Measure the avarege time needed to reload a rifle (i'm guesing 12 sec.) and then measure avarege soldier's speed per sec (on flat ground). And then according to that adjust the Al and make a new range/mele crossover :grin:

2. This mod is one ofthe best i've ever seen but, sadly, it is placed in the age of gunpowder at it's best... Napoleon had one simple theory of improviong warfare of that age: CANNONS, CANNONS , AND MORE CANNONS, AND THEN SOME MORE CANNONS!
-I don't know how har it is to make models (i'm suspecting hard) but a cannoneer units are the ONLY thing this mod is missing...
-It would take at least 4 cannon models (for 4 ranks of the cannon troop tree)
and a man stuck to them , and you could borrow the mechanics from the star wars conquest mod- GRENADE EFFECT

3. The towns/castles/villiges look awesome, rly nice feel to them, but some quests are rly outdated and i think this mod deserves better quest than native crap. Perhaps someone from the community would berrow u a quest or 2 or if u'r up for it make u'r own

That's it, thanx :grin:

I guess they're recruitable at the recruitment officer / warrant officer guy (any officer standing in place of the Prison Guard in a town). Only when you're officer (vassal, NO MERCENARY,) of a faction.

Good luck.

whenever i try to play it and the mod is loading about half way in it says RGL ERROR unable to open file: CommonRes\costumes_a.brf any suggestions please help

First, Make sure you don't play Warband, but common M&B.
Second, it seems it's CommonRes. This means this is not due to the Europe 1805 mod files, but to you game files. You probably get an error with all mods.

Hey Quintillius (or anyone),
What are the renown requirements for each rank? I'm still a major in all my safe-games, and I'd like to know when I get my promotion. In other words: How much renown do I need do be promoted again?
Thanks in advance!

berthout said:
Sergeant (0->50 merit)
Lieutenant (50->125 merit)
Captain (125->300 merit)
Major (300->700 merit)
Colonel (700->1000 merit)
Brigadier General (1000->1500 merit)
Major General (1000->2000 merit)
Lieutenant General (2000->2500 merit)
General (2500+ merit)

Tom Bubu said:
:idea: Btw, got something completly crazy in my head.... what about receiving medals when rising up through ranks?  :lol:

That would be an awesome idea!  Thinking of some way to make this possible, I guess you can go to the general and ask for a promotion after your honour reaches some value and you will receive the next uniform rank.  I am not sure how the script would look, but I guess you can check the merit value when you talk to the general, he will say that you are not experienced enough for the next rank, and you will be on your merry way.  If it is at a high enough value, I guess he would congratulate you on the performance.  An added feature could be that depending on the fellow officers in the faction, they could also have a uniform with medals on it, but it would be a bit more difficult (I can imagine) to make it change with their merit value. 

Back
Top Bottom