[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

A little WIP of Berlin that i am working on:
mount%26blade%202011-01-03%2016-58-40-92.png

ShenJiBaMin said:
Thanks! it's a nice new year gift.
it is 1.0 version. is it the last version?

Of course not!  :smile:

shadowarcher said:
The flags are still wrong and the some of the muskets are too big or don't fit in the characters hand properly(the hand is holding the stock not the trigger).

Could you specify which ones?

Kendoman said:
I am loving this MOD!  I can't get enough of it.  I am currrently having fun with a Mixed company of Hussars (KGL, Hessian, Deaths Head).  Merchants all over Europe fear 'Major Jack Ramsey'.

Hehe great!

CCDK said:
by the way - The Scarlet Pimpernel could be used as a hero too

The scarlet pimpernel (Sir Percy Blakeney) is already in!  :wink:

TheJohan said:
A little WIP of Berlin that i am working on:
mount%26blade%202011-01-03%2016-58-40-92.png

Looking great! Although I'm not sure Prussia would be happy with those austrian guards  :razz:

I downloaded v.1.0B and formations don't work. I get the screen for choosing my keys and to allow AI formation but when I choose that the AI still doesn't seem to use formations, and I can't make battle assignments either when I talk to my NPCs.

some of the quick battles could be touched up a bit; the Sharpe quick battle(native's siege defense) is currently unwinable, maybe you could give Sharpe and his men some improved melee skills?  also adding maybe 50 points to firearms proficiency would also help.  i know they're supposed to be skirmishers, strong at range but weak in close quarters, but if you recall from the Sharpe's Rifles movies, Sharpe and his Chosen men are kickass in any kind of fight. 

i have two questions about this mod:
1. are there kingdom management features?  or are you supposed to become a vassal?
2. am i supposed to be able to upgrade the troops with a * next to their names?  if so how do i do that?

HunterAlpha1 said:
some of the quick battles could be touched up a bit; the Sharpe quick battle(native's siege defense) is currently unwinable, maybe you could give Sharpe and his men some improved melee skills?  also adding maybe 50 points to firearms proficiency would also help.  i know they're supposed to be skirmishers, strong at range but weak in close quarters, but if you recall from the Sharpe's Rifles movies, Sharpe and his Chosen men are kickass in any kind of fight.

I've won the Sharpe Quick battle many times with different tactics. Nevertheless the quick battles will be improved in the next version. It was planned for this version but my changes weren't saved thanks to vista's lovely UAC..

HunterAlpha1 said:
i have two questions about this mod:
1. are there kingdom management features?  or are you supposed to become a vassal?
2. am i supposed to be able to upgrade the troops with a * next to their names?  if so how do i do that?

1: No, I considered it but felt that it doesn't fit in the mod. It is highly unlikely in the 19th century for any individual to found his own private kingdom. In other words, you are expected to join a national army as an officer.

2: No, it's not the SOD system. The * troops are simply veteran versions of the normal troops.

I was wondering - since there already are a lot of troops the player cant get his hands on from the villages. Will the Major in the towns be reformed so he only has the cavalry and infantry that cannot be trained from peasants? The Prussian cavalry, Sipahi, Jannissary? Perhaps double the amount that can be raise from a village so the player vassal of say Hesse-Kassel can get a regiment together of "native" troops if wanted over a week or perhaps a bit longer. If that is not wanted then -

Just jeep Nassau, Swedish, Danish, Dutch? Portuguese? Sicilian? and Serbian? Saxon Hessian village infantry recruits available in the towns - no need to have French, English, Spanish Austrian regular infantry in towns you can get in many villages.

So - Special infantry, Minor Power recruit infantry and all cavalry - Is there a limit to how many types of units there can be displayed in the "reserves" Screen? 32?   

CCDK said:
I was wondering - since there already are a lot of troops the player cant get his hands on from the villages. Will the Major in the towns be reformed so he only has the cavalry and infantry that cannot be trained from peasants? The Prussian cavalry, Sipahi, Jannissary? Perhaps double the amount that can be raise from a village so the player vassal of say Hesse-Kassel can get a regiment together of "native" troops if wanted over a week or perhaps a bit longer. If that is not wanted then -

Just jeep Nassau, Swedish, Danish, Dutch? Portuguese? Sicilian? and Serbian? Saxon Hessian village infantry recruits available in the towns - no need to have French, English, Spanish Austrian regular infantry in towns you can get in many villages.

So - Special infantry, Minor Power recruit infantry and all cavalry - Is there a limit to how many types of units there can be displayed in the "reserves" Screen? 32? 

No need to do so. I'll try to include a faction check in the next version meaning that you will only be able to recruit troops from the faction that own the town. This will result that the player can only get it's hands on his own factions troops, and if his faction is a coalition member/French ally on allied troops. For small factions with a limited troop tree I might also add mercenaries.

I rather keep the village recruitment as a last resort option for the player. As the recruitment in towns needs some time to refresh you need to take care for your troops our you will run out of reinforcements. Then villages come in. I'm also considering to changing into conscripting people from villages resulting in a relation drop with that village (but making it less expensive as it is atm).

You might actually be right about that limit in the "reserves screen". Never thought about it but I assume the same game limit applies there as in the party window. With the faction check that won't be an issue anymore.

Faewulf said:
Should be cavalry for every nation *cough* Sweden *cough*

I'm working on it. But Sweden has Cavalry. They have some stronger-then-average dragoons.
The only factions without cavalry atm are Bavaria, Nassau, Kingdom of Italy, Serbia and the Papal states. And Bavaria, Kingdom of Italy and Nassau each have at least one party with Hessian Mercenary Hussars.

EDIT: Next version will also have improved AI for those who don't like the Form Ranks AI. I'm also considering on discontinuing version A as you could always keep form ranks AI and keys turned off in version B.

But you can't develop them from recruits and i never found them at that guy that you troops from. :razz:

Also i crash often and i get an error message which says "unable to load verbex buffer"

Faewulf said:
But you can't develop them from recruits and i never found them at that guy that you troops from. :razz:

Also i crash often and i get an error message which says "unable to load verbex buffer"

set ragdolls and dead bodies to minimum and keep battles at 100

Go to doctor if cough continues:smile:

On a totally different matter:

Deserters - morale upkeep and lords - Question to all other players

I have noticed quite a few groups of deserters of 50 or more on the map and the tendency is growing as time passes I think. I know that this has been a problem with other mods - Lords and rulers having larger armies on the field but morale upkeep remains native so that when leaders start out with the ability to wield a large force from the start of the game and get more renown they pass the effective limit and experience desertion pretty quick. The player has companies so the player isnt hit before much later but the problem remains for the AI and the large amounts of deserters is rather disturbing. I am not talking about upping the amount of leadership versus men or such to create even larger armies but improve food morale values? if that has effect on the AI - or changing the penalty hit connected with army size etc etc - what ever may correct the tendency.

What are the experiences among other players? are there many deserters/ large groups or am I paranoid? If I remember correct from native the effective limit of an army is around 200-250 before you start recruiting for desertion. 

Hmz, I'll have a look at those big groups of deserters as that shouldn't happen.

I'm quite sure I already increased the morale boost of some types of food. The idea is that you have some types of food like bread, smoked fish and dried meat that have low (native) morale boost but in larger quantities. Whereas the other food types come in smaller quantities but with a high morale boost. Thus forcing the player to either buy or loot food when being on a large campaign in hostile territory to maintain his troops without having -from a gameplay perspective- the annoyance of running out of food constantly during sieges.

Isn't the morale increase i already made enough?

Some feedback from other players would be nice to solve the issue!

I doubt that the AI even bothers to buy food - its not like the lords have to recruit in villages and taverns like the player so why should food have any impact on the lords? The thing that affects lords I think are size penalties and other such matters

from the 82 easy tweaks:

-------------------------
Change the size of deserter parties.

As far as the deserters, those are created by the spawn_bandits script. It calls up a random lord, then gets his faction, then picks the tier 1 troop of that faction, then upgrades them all with a bit of randomness thrown in. The number of them it spawns is a random number between 10 and (11+(playerlevel x 2)-1). So if you're level 10 it randomly spawns between 10 and 30 deserters. Those lines are

2122 3 1224979098644774922 1224979098644774921 2 2105 2 1224979098644774922 11 2136 3 1224979098644774923 10 1224979098644774922

in scripts.txt.

It doesn't actually take troops from the lord party that it spawns them from.

-----------------------------

From this it would seem that only the players level is important - damned odd - im only at around 200.000 exp lvl 20? and I have never seen that large deserter groups while playing native or other mods even when at level 30+

I would really like to hear what others say to that...maybe I am paranoid - especially after meeting 56 jeagers near Milano defeating them and riding like 2 miles before seeing another 56 or 54 jeagers

according to this other mods have that problem

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57067.msg1475514.html#msg1475514

Okey thanks. It seems to be related to the size of "lord" parties, which has been increased in this mod. I'll have a look at it.

Berthout said:
Hmz, I'll have a look at those big groups of deserters as that shouldn't happen.

I'm quite sure I already increased the morale boost of some types of food. The idea is that you have some types of food like bread, smoked fish and dried meat that have low (native) morale boost but in larger quantities. Whereas the other food types come in smaller quantities but with a high morale boost. Thus forcing the player to either buy or loot food when being on a large campaign in hostile territory to maintain his troops without having -from a gameplay perspective- the annoyance of running out of food constantly during sieges.

The morale increase has worked just fine for me.
I haven't run into an absurd amount of deserters.  I've liked fighting the large groups that I have run into.  It reminds me of that Sharp movie with the French Chef who made himself a General of an army of deserters.

Kendoman said:
Berthout said:

The morale increase has worked just fine for me.
I haven't run into an absurd amount of deserters.  I've liked fighting the large groups that I have run into.  It reminds me of that Sharp movie with the French Chef who made himself a General of an army of deserters.

Sharpe's Enemy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe%27s_Enemy_%28TV_programme%29
the saddest of the Sharpe's Rifles movies, his wife dies :cry:

Back
Top Bottom