[Europe 1805] Main Topic: General debate, feedback, DOWNLOAD and news.

What are your 2 favourite new units?

• Russian Dragoon

Votes: 69 19.0%
  • Swedish Dragoon

Votes: 75 20.7%
  • Danish Dragoon

Votes: 26 7.2%
  • Danish Grenadier

Votes: 52 14.3%
  • Norwegian Skier

Votes: 72 19.8%
  • Saxon Hussar

Votes: 45 12.4%
  • KGL Hussar

Votes: 61 16.8%
  • Moscow musketeer

Votes: 107 29.5%
  • Brandenburger Uhlan

Votes: 46 12.7%
  • Russian Hussar

Votes: 59 16.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

The modified smoke is much better for me, except it's making an error appear quite frequently on the main map, something along the lines of a particle error when running the village_raid script...or something :s It doesn't seem to be affecting gameplay yet though.

The smoke patch doesn't work on this mod very well, but it seems you really don't mind this  :grin:?

By the way, do you already have seen the version II topic for Europe 1805 yet?

I haven't yet. I will have a look at some point!

At which point do formations become effective? I've yet to see how a square can be good against cavalry (even though I know it is). I only have about 20 men at the moment; it's hard enough getting them through a battle without dieing, let alone using them effectively in formations  :wink:

English_Knight said:
I haven't yet. I will have a look at some point!

At which point do formations become effective? I've yet to see how a square can be good against cavalry (even though I know it is). I only have about 20 men at the moment; it's hard enough getting them through a battle without dieing, let alone using them effectively in formations  :wink:

I usually use very basic native style commands until I have guard, all horsemen, and the first group, mostly rifles/muskets and such. To me, the troop count in guard can be anywhere from 10-20 and for group 1 anywhere from 20-30.

Just let the infantry stand in a a line with the 'hold stand' command. Then, let the cavalry follow you :wink:. Afterwards, move with your cavalry (and yourself) to a point near the corner of the map, at the right of the enemy troops  :mrgreen:.

At the moment they come close enough, let your infantry fire. After some seconds, you can rush them from behind with your cavalry  :lol:.

Exactly!  I usually chase down other cavalry first then I crash into infantry lines and columns.    :wink:

Currently, I'm fighting alongside my faction officers so I can get money, supplies and also get my firearms skill up. However, I'm having trouble getting my men to obey my orders :s A lot of the time, I have to tell them to hold their fire before I tell them to follow me or hold a certain position. Sometimes even then, it doesn't work. Is it because I'm mixing native/AoB commands?

Also, how do I set up  different troops under different battalions?

So far, this mod is pretty awesome. There are a few bugs with the world map and the villages, but the concept is great and the combat is new and refreshing! Cavalry actually pack a punch this time (unless you shoot them off their horses  :twisted:)

You just need some time to learn this =). Make sure you choosed: 'everyone', instead of only infantry.

When startinga fight, pres: 'backspace', then make sure you selected 'everyone''. Afterwards, put a flag somewhere on the map and let them hold fire. Finally let your cavalry follow you - if you have some. When the enemy comes in range... FIRE =D!

You can make different batalions in your camp menu at the world map.

Of course, and with the help I'm being given, learning it should be quicker. I have no cavalry yet; I'm fighting for the British (of course  :wink:) and their cavalry don't seem to be too powerful and getting into Europe is troublesome seeing as we're at war with the French and the Dutch.

It's not my fault :razz: they didn't like me even before I joined the British! (I actually have no idea why; relationship was -3)

I'm still having difficulty assigning battalions. Are there any other conditions I need to fulfill other than having men? I noticed my companion has the option of becoming the commander of a new battalion...

:lol: I am Dutch too... and my Swedes slaughter their Grenadiers! :twisted:

English_Knight, you can play without formations, I do too, with my little infantry-only armies. Just don't fight cavalry armies, and learn to run fast. I usually only join fights against cavalry-heavy forces if we outnumber them, and even then I use the auto-calc.

As for infantry-vs.-infantry fights, let your men hold their fire, put them in formation ('hold this position'), spread out, wait until the enemy comes within range (they will fire then), move about 20-40 paces forward, and when your men have formed their line, open fire. For me, it usually works well.

I've noticed that cavalry are pretty lethal against your infantry in this mod, which is really great. However, they are not so if you manage to shoot them to pieces before they get close.

Its ok but the amount of smoke is a killer to ur computer, each volley slows it down :/ unlike some other shooting mods. also i had 50 british riflemen and i notice that against 10 looters a single volley from all 50 missed, at less than 20 yards away, basically the games accuracy for AI is rubbish ...  unlike Wars Of Europe Mod,

jay stirling said:
Its ok but the amount of smoke is a killer to ur computer, each volley slows it down :/ unlike some other shooting mods. also i had 50 british riflemen and i notice that against 10 looters a single volley from all 50 missed, at less than 20 yards away, basically the games accuracy for AI is rubbish ...  unlike Wars Of Europe Mod,

This mod is based on reality, Wars of Europe isn't.

This mod is based on reality, Wars of Europe isn't.
[/quote]

But in reality i think a full troop would easily hit 10 people 20 yards....  even in them days ...

the graphics of buildings and troop apereal is great. just the downfall of the combat :/ overall a pretty good mod but combat is anoying ... especially with the time of realoading, in the heat of battle you would be able to reload faster.

Right I have started playing this for bit and its getting better but that smoke still kills the computer it just stays on the battlefield and doesnt go for ages even if every1 has been told to stop fireing and it kills my computer :sad: is there anyway som1 could tell me how to go through the codes and delete the smoke :sad: i also got runtime error on this mod :/ i never ever get this on my other mods :/ how can i fix this ?

thanks jay

Hi, great mod shame the smoke is a bit heavy, is there any troops that use the Ferguson Rifle ? i use british riflement at the moment great as snipers :grin:

Back
Top Bottom