[Europe 1805] Bug Reports

Users who are viewing this thread

Berthout

Knight
CCDK said:
Clermont near Paris still has problem with placement of bandits on the edge of map hanging in the air etc

Eindhoven has bandits on high high tower that are nearly impossible to kill since they cant move out and attack and farmers cant reach them

Training peasants in Brix during the training fight there was no map - we started in the air and landed in a lake with nothing else around

brighton has that damned wodden tower and I had to fight 140 english troops down from that damned blasted rotten worminfested tower - Hard enough with some bandit but dammit its a pain in the rear with english well trained troops

CENSORED *************************************** ************ ************* ************* ************ ********* ************** ************* ********** ****** ***** ***** ******* ********* ************* ************* ************* ************** ************!!!!!!!!!

all problems are with the new 1.0 version

attacking cremona fort I was wondering why everybody wasnt cheering since i had killed everybody inside - set them to charge! and they ran to the edge of map and i guess there are austrians behind a hill we cant reach DAMMIT!

Brescia fort same problem - both times 2 men left on the left side of the map so i had to retreat and attack those to basards again but with them in the proper fort so they could be attacked

Thanks for the feedback! I've asked theJohan if he has time to fix it. If so, we can make a save game compatible patch for it. Otherwise I'll do it myself but that will take some time.

EDIT: TheJohan will make the patch so you will be saved from that tower very soon. :wink:
 

Berthout

Knight
HunterAlpha1 said:
i can think of three excellent and valid reasons to take the patrols out of the mod: 
1. there are more than enough lords wandering around to take care of the excess bandits
2. they kill off too many bandits, making it hard to gain xp.  i wandered from one side of the map to the other and only saw a handful of bandits and deserters.  as you can well imagine, killing bandits is one of the primary means of leveling in this game.
3. they seriously lag the game.  i am pretty sure my game would run alot smoother if it weren't for all these damn patrols running around.

Their use isn't to take care of the excess bandits, but to create some extra life in the map. I also don't think I are causing any serious lag anymore. There should only be 3 patrols for every faction atm. If not, tell me cause then it's a bug.

I'm also planning to add some more bandits to the game in the next release.

 

CCDK

Knight at Arms
Berthout said:
CCDK said:
Clermont near Paris still has problem with placement of bandits on the edge of map hanging in the air etc

Eindhoven has bandits on high high tower that are nearly impossible to kill since they cant move out and attack and farmers cant reach them

Training peasants in Brix during the training fight there was no map - we started in the air and landed in a lake with nothing else around

brighton has that damned wodden tower and I had to fight 140 english troops down from that damned blasted rotten worminfested tower - Hard enough with some bandit but dammit its a pain in the rear with english well trained troops

CENSORED *************************************** ************ ************* ************* ************ ********* ************** ************* ********** ****** ***** ***** ******* ********* ************* ************* ************* ************** ************!!!!!!!!!

all problems are with the new 1.0 version

attacking cremona fort I was wondering why everybody wasnt cheering since i had killed everybody inside - set them to charge! and they ran to the edge of map and i guess there are austrians behind a hill we cant reach DAMMIT!

Brescia fort same problem - both times 2 men left on the left side of the map so i had to retreat and attack those to basards again but with them in the proper fort so they could be attacked

Thanks for the feedback! I've asked theJohan if he has time to fix it. If so, we can make a save game compatible patch for it. Otherwise I'll do it myself but that will take some time.

EDIT: TheJohan will make the patch so you will be saved from that tower very soon. :wink:

sounds good - the fortress or castle problem with defenders showing up here



                                                          "castle" 
                                                        defenders

                                                          Gate/Fence



Defenders behind hill
      map end    road                                  church


                                                          attacker starting point



that would also be a really nice fix and the missing training peasants in village map - you know for the "help us defend against that band of bandits that keeps passing by and robbing us" mission

When I went to talk to the spanish king in Madrid there was no inside scene in the castle

Tried to train peasants in a Turkish village -  No map - I couldnt even reach them most times so it took me 4 days to get to the fight - we need to have that fixed! - this was in a tower village - in the bridge village I was simply dumped into a lake but i could reach and fight them.


 

HunterAlpha1

Sergeant Knight
M&BWBWF&SVC
i have encountered a rather annoying problem:  when i first started playing i was pleasantly surprised to see that companion interaction had been disabled, with the exception of the whole "hey look, we're near my home town, let me tell you all about it" routine, which i don't think really does anything.  i say pleasantly, because i hate having to either pick and choose which companions to have in my party, or having to pay lots of points into persuasion to keep them from deserting. 

so needless to say, i was rather unpleasantly surprised when one of my two medics, Darwin, ups and tell me he's had enough of this **** and wants to go home, and since i had no point in persuasion, i had zero chance of making him stay, so i had to reload an earlier save.  now, if i want to keep him in my party i have to save every few minutes and reload when he leaves. :evil:

so please, in the next version, for the love of God, either completely disable companion morale, or give some indication that their morale is dropping so i can get some points in persuasion.

EDIT: and yes, my party morale was 99 when this happened, so it wasn't in any way my fault.
 

Kendoman

Knight
M&BWBWF&SNW
Berthout said:
HunterAlpha1 said:
i can think of three excellent and valid reasons to take the patrols out of the mod: 
1. there are more than enough lords wandering around to take care of the excess bandits
2. they kill off too many bandits, making it hard to gain xp.  i wandered from one side of the map to the other and only saw a handful of bandits and deserters.  as you can well imagine, killing bandits is one of the primary means of leveling in this game.
3. they seriously lag the game.  i am pretty sure my game would run alot smoother if it weren't for all these damn patrols running around.

Their use isn't to take care of the excess bandits, but to create some extra life in the map. I also don't think I are causing any serious lag anymore. There should only be 3 patrols for every faction atm. If not, tell me cause then it's a bug.

I'm also planning to add some more bandits to the game in the next release.

I can tell that their are fewer patrols and my game does not lag nearly as much.  Good job!  I look forward to more and varied bandits.
 

Zaphod

Regular
WBNW
I'm getting alot of CTDs when quicksaving and also sometimes in battle when infantry runs into melee. Otherwise I want to say that this mod is what I have been waiting for forever, I love it and hope for the updates to continue!
 

TheJohan

Knight
About that patch, i haven't had much free time these couple of days so that's why there haven't been a patch yet, but i'm gonna start working on it tonight or tomorrow so look for the patch tomorrow or tuesday.
 

danhar

Recruit
Look what most of the castles in the game look like in my game .. Is that a bug or just a problem in my files? Thanks :smile:
I don't get how to link a picture, but anyhow in some castles I see doors in the middle of the room except to the normal doors and I can't even exit any of them, to leave the room I use tab . :/

btw, I really like this game it's awesome! If u'll have all this minor bugs fixed and add playable bayonets I'll never stop playing! :grin:
 

Sixty

Regular
can someone help me? Every time I click on starting new game it will crush - an error massage "get_object failed for: skel_ratman" please... I have the right version of game, everything corect... so what is wrong? I am big fan of this historical period and I NEED  :roll: this mod  :grin: please help me out...  :wink:
 

bjorne.

Sergeant Knight
Sixty said:
can someone help me? Every time I click on starting new game it will crush - an error massage "get_object failed for: skel_ratman" please... I have the right version of game, everything corect... so what is wrong? I am big fan of this historical period and I NEED  :roll: this mod  :grin: please help me out...  :wink:
It crushes you?  :shock:
 

WilsonMG

Knight
M&BWBNWVC
First, apologies if this has already been posted, but for all my searching I couldn't find a relevant thread or post.

Maybe it's my video drivers ATI CCC 10.10, but to me certain uniforms, namely the English ones have grey lines running down the outside of the sleeves as if the textures don't reach the edge.

I've tried adjusting every setting I could think of and nothing seems to fix it...

Example:

mountblade2011-01-2521-47-44-37.png

Also I don't understand why more map makers don't just make the maps upside down since North is usually South and the map grid texture numbers are upside down...  a small thing, but still.  It's common to most mods, but I've seen a few get it correct.  Not sure the logistics behind it because I've never modded for M&B.
 

JDeNef13

Knight at Arms
The grey line "bug" is common. It's simply the fact that the texture doesn't cover up the model it's placed on. A retexture would fix it easily. It's not the fault of your video card or anything, don't worry! :smile:

JDeNef13
 

bjorne.

Sergeant Knight
It's funny how it appeared actually. It's really my fault.
I didn't have a proper *.dds converter, so when I used the one I had, did it slightly scale down a bit. And I havn't changed it every since.
But the gray line where there to start with, I just made it even more visiable. Mea Culpa xD
 

madrush

Recruit
hmmm, it appears that i cant recruit highlanders or upgrade to them and 2 i cant do sieges without having the game crash
 
Top Bottom