Europa Universalis IV released!

Users who are viewing this thread

So-so. But the patch had lots of bugs. 1.10.1 fixed a lot of them, but there are still considerable bug I believe.

Also this patch changes the way we play actually... Vassals need to be fed a lot carefully now. And having lots of vassals as an OPM thing is gone now.

Ah, btw if anybody has been reading that AAR of mine , I'll continue it with the 1.9.2 patch since 1.10 breaks saves.

I like it for the most part. I miss manual exploration but the ships not suffering from attrition while on exploration missions is a fair enough trade-off so I'm not too bothered. My first custom nation was in the Caribbean with western tech, which felt almost like cheating. I had to have a really ****ty king and several not so useful but cheap ideas, but from a OPM in Tortuga I wound up owning the entire island chain. Then I got bored and made two massive European superpowers and watched them fight and stomp over everyone else when they allied for a brief period of time.

Jec94227 said:
I like it for the most part. I miss manual exploration but the ships not suffering from attrition while on exploration missions is a fair enough trade-off so I'm not too bothered. My first custom nation was in the Caribbean with western tech, which felt almost like cheating. I had to have a really ****ty king and several not so useful but cheap ideas, but from a OPM in Tortuga I wound up owning the entire island chain. Then I got bored and made two massive European superpowers and watched them fight and stomp over everyone else when they allied for a brief period of time.
Manual exploring is enabled

Oh. Well now I feel like an idiot.

Had a game with a friend earlier, we decided to do custom nations. It started out really well, I made my serious nation, he made his. Then we started adding in some others, just for fun. All well thought out nations. Then I got bored and asked wherabouts Utah was, and we began to make the various Mormon branches. Then scientology. Then a slew of racist nations as befits immature young men such as ourselves, and others that made no sense, like a nation that had a province on as many forests as possible, along with their arch-rival, a nation that had a province on as many rivers as possible, followed by a bunch of steppe nations named with a bunch of variations of "****ers of Horseback". The rest of the world was set to completely random, including the taxes and manpower.

It was an absolute mess.

Played a session with some people from the regiment last night. We had a dude from Australia who would desync every now and then, so we had to be on speed 1 for the majority of the time. It really gives you time to think about what you do, and contemplate on your life choices, too.

I enjoyed it very much though, it's really a different experience from the plain old singleplayer. Now if only I could make my friends try playing strategy games.

TheFlyingFishy said:
That, among other reasons, is why I'll never play a Paradox game multiplayer.
Nah, you're wrong. Most multiplayer games are default 3 speed and it is pretty fine on that speed. If you find yourself in a position that you can't do anything besides waiting, you can just chat with other players and plan the betrayal of your beloved ally.

TheFlyingFishy said:
That, among other reasons, is why I'll never play a Paradox game multiplayer.

EU4 is very stable as long as you have a good host and nobody with horrible internet. Compared to EU3 or even CK2, multiplayer stability has improved a hell of a lot. I play a 4 hour multiplayer session with 10-15 people some of which are on the other side of the Atlantic and in the vast majority of the games we do not desync once. EU4 was a little rocky at release but it has improved a lot.

I also think that EU4 is a game that is supposed to be played in multiplayer, singleplayer is super easy, even when picking small countries you will often be the strongest nation by 1600 at which point there is little reason to continue playing because you will just roll over any coalition. In multiplayer its not like that at all.

Create a thread for multiplayer purposes only. I'd want to play with multiplayer too, but some one needs to organize you lousy bunch or we'll never get together.

Greetings comrades, several months on I present to you the continuation of the Russian expansion. It is the year 1664 and the Russian Empire stretches from the Baltic, down to the Black sea, all the way east until the lands of the yellow people and the sea of Bering.

So this playthrough I have gobbled up large masses of land towards the caucasus, with the goal of cutting of the Commonwealth expansion. I was offered the choice to westernize, during this time the Empire was truly at risk, for rebels had taken Moscova and the lands surounding this jewel. At the same time rebels sprung up in the Estonian lands, rebels took over all of the former tribal regions, and rebels even sprung up in the far eastern provinces.

Fortunately my armies at the time of westernizing were large, and the Commonwealth even helped me put down many of the rebel armies. After many years these troubles were behind us and miraculously the light at the end of the tunnel was visible. We were westernized, it was time to start conquering nations again.

The Crimean Khanate had become a very large nation, and there is a danger that the Commonwealth takes it over, so I declare war on it, this war included the Ottomans and the Timurids against me, with Austria (barely) helping me. This war raged for 6 years, with battles all across the caucassus and the crimean peninsula, across Poland and even into Estonia. After a time the Russian machine is unstopable even although we were defeated at first, the Ottoman generals could not stand against my 200K manpower.

I then incorporated my vassal Circassia (now that i had a connection to it) as it was one of the only Orthodox nations left.

Having secured the borders of the black sea and the caucassus, it was time to push the Nogai horde back were it belonged. The Russian Empire fought off hordes of angry Timurids, Nogai, Chagatai and other minor nations, but once again prevailed.

MAP
EU4%20russia_zps3tlubjuf.png

PREVIOUS POST/MAP
My game as Muscovy! ****ting my pants about that Commonwealth, my goal is to keep them appeased whilst i grow and grow and grow in the east to gain enough mass to beat them. Unfortunately they are growing madly as well.

2014-11-01_00001_zpsfe90c9db.jpg

2014-11-01_00002_zps08faf5d7.jpg

In the words of the great Tsar Uhtredikov III, all the land that a Russian sees and further is or will be Imperial Russia.

Back
Top Bottom