Europa Universalis IV released!

Users who are viewing this thread

I played a game today where the HRE disbanded after the protestants won the League War because apparently there was no one eligible to become emperor. Which is kind of weird because 30 out of 36 princes were either reformed of protestant. Is this supposed to happen? How can I avoid it?

Longbowman' said:
I'm reinstalling ETW from Steam, been watching some series from lionheartx10 and I thought I'd give a go at it again, gonna have to download Darthmod again too, I guess. The game's basically unplayable without it. Anyone here that still plays it? I know Arvenski used to play it and posted some screenshots of the game when he still had that ship avatar thingy. Dunno about that, though.
So after doing that I went on a rampage and reinstalled the entire Paradox franchise, and now I'm playing this game non-stop.
So do you guys have any recommendations as of what country I should play as? I want something that's challenging, could be because of bad starting position, atrocious tech group, or just bad NI (but not the boring "impossible stuff" such as Ryukyu and ****) but at the same time fun to play as. After a few tries as Castille and Portugal, I've recovered much of my knowledge about the game but still pretty rusty if you take account of how many hours I've put in to this game in the past years.

I've been wanting to play Knights (or Cyprus in that matter) for some time actually, starting off humbly as an island OPM but can work their way up and reestablish the Kingdom of Jerusalem, which is gonna be my main goal for them, if I can just finish this one goddamn game as Poland.

Longbowman' said:
Longbowman' said:
I'm reinstalling ETW from Steam, been watching some series from lionheartx10 and I thought I'd give a go at it again, gonna have to download Darthmod again too, I guess. The game's basically unplayable without it. Anyone here that still plays it? I know Arvenski used to play it and posted some screenshots of the game when he still had that ship avatar thingy. Dunno about that, though.
So after doing that I went on a rampage and reinstalled the entire Paradox franchise, and now I'm playing this game non-stop.
So do you guys have any recommendations as of what country I should play as? I want something that's challenging, could be because of bad starting position, atrocious tech group, or just bad NI (but not the boring "impossible stuff" such as Ryukyu and ****) but at the same time fun to play as. After a few tries as Castille and Portugal, I've recovered much of my knowledge about the game but still pretty rusty if you take account of how many hours I've put in to this game in the past years.

I just saw this video, it's fairly recent so this should still be relevant.

watch

Longbowman' said:
Tried to form Malaysia as Malacca, I got through all the tiny nations like Pasai and Pattani, but was steamrolled by Ayutthaya. :sad:

That's interesting. I'd love to play as anybody that's in my country like Sunda which is literally my ethnicity but Majapahit will be a pain in the arse to deal with because they're just much stronger.

You can do that with pretty much any native tribe, Caddo included, but why Caddo when Pima is so much closer?

Also, related:
https://youtu.be/h0cNDYQ8v-8?list=PL9zpWiBUWhJRmmjqri6NnMt85H22QM0mv

Got the itch to play an EU game again and looking at EU III I went back to this one instead. Playing vanilla, as Brunei.
And then it suddenly was 9:30am and I hadn't been to bed yet.

It's really not that bad once you get used to it. It's not that hard to get ahead using the mechanics even, especially outside of Europe, since the AI rarely spends monarch points to get institutions. When you develop a province it gets some progress towards the latest institution that you don't have.

Oh definitely. I was fully prepared to the usual desperate manoeuvres to get a Western tech group neighbour to Westernize the old way, this is way better.
And in my next run I will also know to keep my development stuff limited to few very highly developed provinces instead of trying for a spread out median.

Back
Top Bottom