Euro Truck Simulator 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Anthropoid

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Surprised there wasn't already a thread for this one.
Got this at -75% last night. Pretty good, but very difficult to steer with WASD. Anyone here have any experience with this one?

I've only played it for a good 10 hours and made about 30 deliveries (all long distance). I would buy a steering wheel and oculus rift to complete the experience but those things would cost me eternal servitude to satan (or 6 months without food and shelter as i wouldn't be able to afford the rent), so for now I've stuck with keyboard and mouse which surprisingly does its job rather well, though it does require me to constantly tap A or D just to stay in the center of my lane.

I really like this game. It's not really the type of game you'll want to play from start to scratch (although that isn't exactly possible here, as it's virtually endless), but it serves splendidly as a way to relax after a stressful day. There's lots of customisation and this really cool feature where you can tune in to hundreds of European radio stations in-game.

Anthropoid said:
Pretty good, but very difficult to steer with WASD. Anyone here have any experience with this one?
I recommend using a controller or, if you want the real deal, a steering wheel. The jerky WASD controls can be a bit of a downer.

Put about 25 hours into it. Much better with a gamepad although it begins to lose its fun once money is no longer an issue and you've got the most powerful lorry.

Dunno why your complaining about wasd, I'm having no issues with it. I'm sure my A & D keys will give in soon due to the amount i press them in order to turn but worth it.

otherwise I'm immensely enjoying it its a massive improvement over the first 2 games.

Only issue i have found with the game is that the radio streaming likes to throw me onto random channels at points. Was listening to some rock radio next thing i know i have some angry german music screaming down my ears  :shock:

That Youtube perfectly captures my experience for the first 2 hours  :mrgreen:

hirovard said:
Dunno why your complaining about wasd, I'm having no issues with it. I'm sure my A & D keys will give in soon due to the amount i press them in order to turn but worth it.

Any tips on adjustments? I've been driving with the mouse and I kinda like that better than WASD. But I find it very difficult to look around. In the options there is a screen to turn up or turn down "steering sensitivty" but I haven't checked if that effects WASD as well as the mouse. With the mouse turned down to about 25% sensitivity I can definitely see a differnce and it is almost controllable . . . but then that issue with looking difficulty.

otherwise I'm immensely enjoying it its a massive improvement over the first 2 games.

Yeah its very addictive.

Only issue i have found with the game is that the radio streaming likes to throw me onto random channels at points. Was listening to some rock radio next thing i know i have some angry german music screaming down my ears  :shock:

The streaming Euro web radio is awesome

SkyTime said:
It's hard to stay on the road with WASD but it still kinda works.

Also manual gear switching is awesome.

Pretty ****ing hard to drive with a keyboard . . . so naturally my thoughts turn into directions that an "part-time carpenter's" thoughts should not turn . . .

I'm envious of some 19 year old who lives in his Mom's house and has a $1,500 racing rig in his room  :oops:
[/quote]

Only tip i could give would be the obvious, don't hold the button to turn just press it repeatedly. for longer turns just keep tapping and if need be when you press take a slight moment before you release to turn harder. Otherwise just take it easy.

Oh yea, anyone else noticed that France (though only half...) is plagued by toll roads.

Anthropoid said:
SkyTime said:
It's hard to stay on the road with WASD but it still kinda works.

Also manual gear switching is awesome.

Pretty ****ing hard to drive with a keyboard . . . so naturally my thoughts turn into directions that an "part-time carpenter's" thoughts should not turn . . .
-snip-

I'm envious of some 19 year old who lives in his Mom's house and has a $1,500 racing rig in his room  :oops:
-snip-

Well, 18 and living with my parents and I wish I had a rig like that >.< I have a comparable PC but that hardly helps :p

The game is fun though, a clanmate told me about this multiplayer mod he plays, it's nice to drive around with other truckers even though there's no regular traffic.  The admins are also very quick to boot out any assholes who think blocking roads or ramming people is fun.
http://ets2mp.com/

hirovard said:
Oh yea, anyone else noticed that France (though only half...) is plagued by toll roads.

So is Poland, at least the road between Warsaw and Poznan.

Very addictive game. But just as I feel I'm getting the hang of it and try to push the speed a bit I start bouncing off of guard rails and burning up my profits. Might have to shelve this one till I get my gaming PC rebuilt. This laptop and mouse setup are pretty lacking.

Played 45 hours of this using an xbox 360 gamepad and trackIR to look around. Really relaxing and super cozy when it rains. Turn up that rain slider!

transporting explosives is ****ing lucrative £25k to go to grimsby from Aberdeen

Dat feel when you can finally accelerate up a ****ing hill

me_gusta_by_megustaplz-d30cns2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom