EUA_PW4 - Main Server Thread and Rules. Server LIVE

Users who are viewing this thread

Serann said:
That doesn't seem fair, given how the majority of the people that do behave like kids will avoid the kindergarden.

And I still think the easiest way would be to make the portal to the full world one way only. That way people can't even cause harm in the kindergarden, because they can't enter it or can't gear up.
It is one way.

Looks like Amazing Aldric comes back with his new project, good luck!

And yes, map looks fine and there are no lags (well, 0 people were "on" when i came), but it´s good start anyway.

I don't know why you call the role-play area a 'kindergarten', considering the people who you wish to attract are probably the more mature people within the community, I doubt many self-respecting role-players are going to want to play in an area called 'kindergarten'.

And yes, it's actually 'kindergarten' not 'kindergarden'.

Metalhead259 said:
I don't know why you call the role-play area a 'kindergarten', considering the people who you wish to attract are probably the more mature people within the community, I doubt many self-respecting role-players are going to want to play in an area called 'kindergarten'.

it not a RP area. :roll: it for new player

Metalhead259 said:

Yea we know how to spell it we actually have two Germans in our admin team (we decided it would be less confusing for people who don't speak German or English as their first language), we also stated it's for new players mostly, and RP'ers can Rp if they wish, but it's all up to the players if you don't want to RP that's fine by me just like in your server. But on our server we want players to RP.

On a note: "And yes, it's actually 'kindergarten' not 'kindergarden'." - Why so obvious, why presume we're stupid because your presumption was a little idiotic.

GameDecider said:
Yea we know how to spell it we actually have two Germans in our admin team (we decided it would be less confusing for people who don't speak German or English as their first language),
Wait what? How does misspelling it in both English and German, help people who don't know either language. Sorry but that logic failed me. To help anyone, you're better off spelling it correctly or else the translator might not pick it up. Making up words certainly doesn't help.

Boarlady said:
GameDecider said:
Yea we know how to spell it we actually have two Germans in our admin team (we decided it would be less confusing for people who don't speak German or English as their first language),
Wait what? How does misspelling it in both English and German, help people who don't know either language. Sorry but that logic failed me. To help anyone, you're better off spelling it correctly or else the translator might not pick it up. Making up words certainly doesn't help.
It's Kindergarten in German, it's not wrong in English, mainly because we don't use that word, the equivalent for Kindergarten in English is nursery. If we do say it we say Kindergarden because the translation literally is Kindergarden. The logic is that people who don't speak German and have English as a second language (a good % of people who play PW) will be able to understand. I see you can't grasp this.. It can't be that hard to understand.

GameDecider said:
It's Kindergarten in German, it's not wrong in English, mainly because we don't use that word, the equivalent for Kindergarten in English is nursery. If we do say it we say Kindergarden because the translation literally is Kindergarden. The logic is that people who don't speak German and have English as a second language (a good % of people who play PW) will be able to understand. I see you can't grasp this.. It can't be that hard to understand.

Kindergarten has become a valid English word. And people who don't speak german at all, won't get Kindergarden if they don't get Kindergarten.
You'd have to call it Childrengarden, which would be just silly.

And sorry, I almost forgot to answer to this:

Dark_Hamlet said:
I have to disagree with you here. Rules can "support" RP? Yes. But a smart player doesn't need rules in order to be able to roleplay, he can adapt himself to the ruleset (or the lack of one). If you can't roleplay as a princess because some lads are constantly killing you, try something else, roleplay as a noble knight in service of a lord or as a dreaded bandit who wants to see the world burn. It's your choice to adapt or not, but you can't blame the lack of rules if you can't adapt to the new style.

The thing is, in a world where everyone can attack you at any point, you have to constantly be on the edge. You can't afford to RP because you always have to make money, gear up and look out for random attackers. And "if you can't roleplay as that because of the rules... play something else" is possibly the worst solution you can suggest.
And it's not that I blame the rules, it's that I make suggestions to attract more players. Trust me, I would be the last to cry about no RPers being on EUA_Ruthless, because I wouldn't be there anyway.
It's just: either you get the RPers, or you don't. You won't manage to turn them into deathmatchers, at least not on PW, where it's tiresome.

Serann said:
GameDecider said:

Kindergarten has become a valid English word. And people who don't speak german at all, won't get Kindergarden if they don't get Kindergarten.
You'd have to call it Childrengarden, which would be just silly.
I stand corrected. Then many English people must be spelling and saying it wrong using Kindergarden!

GameDecider said:
I stand corrected. Then many English must be spelling and saying it wrong using Kindergarden!

In mexiko it's Kindergarden, because Mexikan er... speak a fine English. *cough*
And people SAY kindergarden, because nobody bothered telling them how to spell the german t.

Serann said:
GameDecider said:
I stand corrected. Then many English must be spelling and saying it wrong using Kindergarden!

In mexiko it's Kindergarden, because Mexikan er... speak a fine English. *cough*
And people SAY kindergarden, because nobody bothered telling them how to spell the german t.
We might by changing it to a more suitable name anyway, but the logic behind the "Kindergarden" seems to have worked with our French community being that Aldric designed the idea. So far it's promising.

Promising is the concept, but with the lack of enthusiasm from the designing team (making it a remote edge of the map, calling it kindergarden and making it the area for noobs) it won't achieve more than just that: having a few kids run around there, who can safely make some money. And that would be it.

Oki, let not start a language war about the name.
I just tough to be a fun concept in order to  bring some light to the game.
In my mind Kindergarden was oppose to the main world which was way harsher.
Now Serann is actually right, it's also plan so Rpers can set up and have a remote safe life where they can take their time to discuss and start a RP. But it's also for new players and commoners who wish to farm slowly in peace.

However, we may change the name to safe village or something on the line. I will ask the team tonight.

The area will have to be critically expanded if it is to attract RPers, though

The tavern looks nice and all, but one tavern is a bit limiting.
Especially since the "Kill on sight" community outside of the safe zone demoralizes any attempts to RP outside.

GameDecider said:
Boarlady said:
GameDecider said:

Um no, its because you spell it kindergarten in both English and German genius. And since when don't we use that word? Unless by English you mean British as we certainly use it here in America.

Edit: Anyways yea good luck seems you already realized your error. So 80% of the map ruthless and 20% safe zone or something? Question in this safe zone will there be all the items needed to craft including boars, plants etc?

Today we are glad to announce another map to be released onto EUA for a variety of reasons we have replaced Eskaliors Land of the Damned with Av3ng3rs latest map.
Av3ng3rs map as shown below will operate under these rules: Roleplay at all times, No Metagaming, New Life Rule, No Spamming, No Insulting via Global, No Randoming and No Glitching.

Map by Av3ng3r:
avengermap.png

Map by Eskalior:
birdeyevieweskmap.png

We have made this change due to some major changes we will be making to the Land of the Damned. On Friday we will be hosting a large Naval Battle Event that we shall be releasing information shortly. So far our community of testers love the map and hope you guys will aswell.

Back
Top Bottom