Added books to the marketplace
Reworked town walls
Removed some fireplaces because of sound bug
Removed floating items
Changed castles process areas so processing is easier
Made wooden castle smaller
Fixed horse bug in Sarranid castle

Raging Womble said:
Like the idea just a few tweaks in the map needed!

Im working on it. If you have ideas, please post them in this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=245348.new#new

If they're good, they may be on the next update tomorrow ;]

Eskalior said:
Raging Womble said:
Like the idea just a few tweaks in the map needed!

Im working on it. If you have ideas, please post them in this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=245348.new#new

If they're good, they may be on the next update tomorrow ;]
Don't worry we'll take another 28 hours of your next 48 hours.  :lol:

Goodluck on the Server Guys

@Aldric good to see you back in action on the PW front there has been alot of questions aimed my direction from some of Uniteds old players asking if there was to be a return and here you are new map new server

as i said originally Good Luck Guys

Regards
Friewulf

Wait, is the kingergarden used to teach people how the crafting system works or is it a safe area for RP?

I am confused after Gamedecider's post.

Serann said:
Wait, is the kingergarden used to teach people how the crafting system works or is it a safe area for RP?

I am confused after Gamedecider's post.
Kindergarden is a safe zone & a "school" for players who don't know how to craft some things.

Giving it's size and the fact that all beginners will be shipped there, I doubt it will attract any RPers

Serann said:
Giving it's size and the fact that all beginners will be shipped there, I doubt it will attract any RPers

And the fact its called Kindergarten doesn't attract people much either.

Peton said:
Serann said:

And the fact its called Kindergarden doesn't attract people much either.
Who said it was for lots of RPing that's for the massive world that we've created..

Map Update 29/08/2012 15:30 PM BST
Changelog:
Added second Outlaw camp to the ruins
Added bushes in the forest to hide in
Deleted second gate for wooden castle
Put desert Outlaw camp on an Island
Fixed mercenary banner bug
Reworked the big tree point
Fixed the teleport bug in sarranid castle
Fixed the flax plants
Fixed some placements of some objects
Added arrows to outlaw camp
Added doctor to wooden castle

After a first visit by Aldric's request, I would say:

Your massive world is ill-suited for RP without as much as a randoming rule.
However, your kindergarden zone is a promising concept in my opinion, once it's impossible to enter it, after entering the "real" world.
Expand it a bit, and RPers might actually become interested. Add dresses and more clothing.

On a hilarious sidenote, today there was a clan called HE (Hellenic Empire) online, calling people barbarians because they weren't as
developed as the greeks 3000 years ago (they didn't even have slavery, the simpletons). I started an argument about the meaning
of the past, staying mostly polite.
As a response and after revealing I was 21 and German, they called me pathetic, a nazi, and childish.
Quite amusing, coming from a clan convinced that greeks are better than the rest of the world and
constantly leading flame wars. I am sure the crysis in greece is putting alot of pressure on them, so
I won't be posting screen shots or mention names (not yet, anyway).

So yes, while the community on that day was rather disappointing, I am pleasently surprised by the kindergarden zone.
Expand and rename it and I might just move there after Blueberry finally annoyed me enough to leave WRP.

Most important of all: add dresses to the safe zone.

Serann said:
After a first visit by Aldric's request, I would say:

However, your kindergarden zone is a promising concept in my opinion, once it's impossible to enter it, after entering the "real" world.
Expand it a bit, and RPers might actually become interested. Add dresses and more clothing.

On a hilarious sidenote, today there was a clan called HE (Hellenic Empire) online, calling people barbarians because they weren't as
developed as the greeks 3000 years ago (they didn't even have slavery, the simpletons). I started an argument about the meaning
of the past, staying mostly polite.
As a response and after revealing I was 21 and German, they called me pathetic, a nazi, and childish.
Quite amusing, coming from a clan convinced that greeks are better than the rest of the world and
constantly leading flame wars. I am sure the crysis in greece is putting alot of pressure on them, so
I won't be posting screen shots or mention names (not yet, anyway).

So yes, while the community on that day was rather disappointing, I am pleasently surprised by the kindergarden zone.
Expand and rename it and I might just move there after Blueberry finally annoyed me enough to leave WRP.

Most important of all: add dresses to the safe zone.

Yes the HE were most insulting. Strange because they were rather 'nice' in the morning. We'll be revising the Kindergarden shortly so you'll see your request there maybe in the next update. The map is large and also suited to faction RP but of course you need a reliable set of players - something we've appeared to lose over the last year and a half..

Serann said:

I have to disagree with you here. Rules can "support" RP? Yes. But a smart player doesn't need rules in order to be able to roleplay, he can adapt himself to the ruleset (or the lack of one). If you can't roleplay as a princess because some lads are constantly killing you, try something else, roleplay as a noble knight in service of a lord or as a dreaded bandit who wants to see the world burn. It's your choice to adapt or not, but you can't blame the lack of rules if you can't adapt to the new style.

Did you by any chance take inspiration from TnT's server topic when creating yours?

Because i just realized (:shock:) when i look at this, it is so similar to TnT's its actually shockingly similar in many aspects.

If you want to see what i mean here's TnTs server topic

Oki, i finished my first exams (and most the worse )

Here some news

- The map is way improved :  the teleports, the safe zone and the over feeling is way better especially for beginners.
- We choose to do concession on commoners safety, money drop is reduced by 25% to 20% of the total gold.
- An light armory will be set up in the kindergarden to allow new commoners to gear up
- We also plan to create a "road guard" which will protect the kindergarden but will mainly focus into protecting new group of commoners when they attempt to leave the kindergarden to find a castle.

We are currently seeking for 3-6 players to play those roles. contact me in PM if you want to do so.

Last thing, i know a few people asked to change the name of the kindegarden, but we will do so, when
the majority of people  will stop behaving like kids.

That doesn't seem fair, given how the majority of the people that do behave like kids will avoid the kindergarden.

And I still think the easiest way would be to make the portal to the full world one way only. That way people can't even cause harm in the kindergarden, because they can't enter it or can't gear up.

Serann said:
That doesn't seem fair, given how the majority of the people that do behave like kids will avoid the kindergarden.

And I still think the easiest way would be to make the portal to the full world one way only. That way people can't even cause harm in the kindergarden, because they can't enter it or can't gear up.
stop complaining. is been like 3 day form the start of sever. we need to see of this works.
and i saw more people in the kindergarten then is the MAN world.

Back
Top Bottom