[EUA EVENT] Shieldwall Battle sunday 20/01 3 PM GMT [Aachen VS RCC]

Users who are viewing this thread

Splintert said:
Long Awlpike.

That what i have been using, curved sword and mace_2 for low damage 1H, long awe pike for heavy damage for footman, and medium armour for everyone so the combat can go on for quite a long time.

Uhm, why not use Arming Swords, and Warspears and stuff? Giving people crap weapons doesn't make them happy. And if everyone has a good sword, then it's balanced.

Skallagrim said:
Uhm, why not use Arming Swords, and Warspears and stuff? Giving people crap weapons doesn't make them happy. And if everyone has a good sword, then it's balanced.

The good sword are fast and deadly, then people die in very few hit, i would rather make them use their side arm only when neccessary and rely on a more powerful long awe pike or bow.
War spear is good but it's not the best weapon for shield wall formation, the reach isn't that long and it's can be used by anyone.

Aldric said:
Dark_Hamlet said:
War spears can do the trick.

No i don't want archer to use pole arm and warspear can be use by 12 STR

Why not make it so that archers and infantry have different areas got training and arming, same for cav. Then enforce that you can only use weapons in your area's

hirovard said:
True, but it does limit the possability of people getting weapons they are not supposed to get.

You are right Hirovard, i may think about something like this, but i would need to redesign the map

Can't we do something different from a normal shieldwall? I mean, there is plenty of fight everywhere. Why don't you upgrade it a bit? Like, for example, fighting in a ruined, flooded castle or in a foggy swamp. Do a battle over bridge, attack on heart of the city (moments after attackers crushed defenders on the walls) or big cavalry battle - that would be interesting.

Also, btw, who is hosting that event? I mean, RCC staff is still banning me on sight, when I come as Caell_Morrowing, and would be nice to participate under normal name.

It's a different server from RCC with it's own banlist.

Also i will think about changing the ground a bit there will be a bridge and possibly a swamp passage.
We also do some cavalry battle on the end.
We did all the siege stuff on the crusader last time.

Back
Top Bottom