EU_IL_Roleplay Main Thread SERVER DOWN [Feedback] [60 Players] [POLL]

What kind of server do you prefer?

• A server with strict rules that encourages medieval roleplay.

Votes: 22 45.8%
  • A server with no rules at all, that lets players shape their own gameplay.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • A server that has a small rule-base upon which players can build their experience.

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • A half-roleplaying server where only some of the RP rules are applied.

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Lannistark

Sergeant
[SEVER IS DOWN]

[EU_IL_Roleplay Main Thread. Suggestions and Feedback here. No complaints in this thread.]

"In Dark Ages no one would listen to your cries..."
NOVICIUS

Past darkness and the ashes, past deeper down the earth, down where no human being has ever been brave enough to be, a deadly veteran army is organising itself for the dark ascent to the surface. Only a handful of war-ravaged soldiers know what is to come, the rest are doomed. Will you be one of them? *Cough Cough* The old man, satisfied with his frightening stories, rose from his seat, grabbed his gear from under the bench and quickly walked out through the wrenched doors in the tavern. It was late night, and he could barely see anything, everything was quiet, announcing something terryfing was about to happen. Suddenly, he spot a distinct carriage in the distance. It was black as the night itself, and the horses carrying it were exhausted from the long march. The carriage halted next to the tavern, and its doors where slowly opened. From them came a tall man, wearing a black tunic; his face showed a clearly state of desesperation. He greeted the old man and entered the establishment followed by him. "Two rounds of ale for me and my mate here", he shouted to the bartender. "So, what is the situation, Richard, any news from the North?", he asked the man. "The army is being assembled, they arrived yesterday at the North-East coast, soon they will ride towards Reyvadin, pillaging and looting everything as they pass. They will reach Swadia in matter of weeks!", cried Richard. "Shhh,", he silenced. "We don't want anyone to hear this conversation, or we will experience a massive exodus from Calradia-" "Bu.. But sir, the whole kingdom must know they are in danger, we must ensure recruitment speeds up, or the whole Calradia united together won't be able to stop the IronLegion" The old man moved uncomfortably in his stool, he knew he was facing a difficult situation, the man before him was completely terrified, as any other human being would had been. But not him, he, who had commanded the Sacred Swadian Regiment into battle and victory several times. He was a legend, a forgotten legend. "Richard, call Strodus, we ride to Praven tomorrow morning. King Harlaus must know about this" Then in a swift movement, incredible for his age, he took hold of his espadon and rised the stairs of the tavern, to prepare for what would surely be a difficult night.

.    .    .    .

His peaceful sleep had just been disturbed; it seemed the tore-down bedtsead he was laying on was not comfortable enough. He slowly got up from his resting place and peered out of the window from where he had seen some odd flashes. Fire. The whole field sorrounding the tavern was been consumed by flames, and he realised it would not take long for the tavern to join the fields. "They are here", he thought. "Too late for us." He turned his back to the window and headed to the bedstep. Under it, there was a leather chest, in a clearly state of deterioration. He opened it with a golden key he took from his pocket, and took the documents that were inside, in addition to a strange dagger covered by jewelry in its hilt. As he made his way to the door, he heard some painful screams coming from downstairs. "No, no, nooooo... Mercy, mercy please, please... I'm just a poor..." Suddenly the swing of a blade and the splash of blood echoed across the walls of the tavern and everything went quiet. He waited at the door, as if hoping for something or someone to guide him onwards, to continue, even though he knew he would sooner or later join the rest in that nightmare. He hovered over the door handle, thinking wether to open it or not. In the middle of his vacillation, the door slowly opened itself, and the figure of Strodus appeared in the dark, urging the old man to follow him. The old man grabbed his backpack, he put his espadon inside his scabbard, which he hanged across his back, and nodded to the man standing just two metres away from him. "And Richard, where is he?", murmured the old man. "He... he didn't make it", said Strodus."Hurry up, we don't have much time". And the old man, still not believing Richard had died, quickly moved to Strodus' safe position, and into a passage he sweared he had never seen before.  "Ruthuk, the tavern owner, showed me this passage when I was just a kid. I used to come often to this tavern when i was young, and Ruthuk showed me the secrets hidden inside here. Now i realise how useful those days have been...", he slided across the stone walls of the passage. "Careful here, jump, we are nearly out..." He could see nothing but the figure of the man leading the path, yet that was enough to light a flame of hope in the middle of such misfortune. Finally he saw the light, the light coming from the flames burning in the distance. Strodus and him mounted on the only two horses left in the stable and rided towards Praven. Soon they would be safe, and they, and he, would have revenge on the very bastards that had pillaged the whole village, killing his wife and children. He, Lord Tradimir of Uxhal, would have revenge on the Iron Legion. He sweared he would.

scaled.php

HistoryScroll.png

video_128.png

Announcements:

- Server is momentaneously down. We are tuning some things.
- New videos uploaded. Check it up there in the video spoiler.
- Map project started by Susliks and Duke.
- Administration team redux.
- Server reaches 60 players.
- Server reached 40 players.
- Scene now lasts for one full week minimum.
- Disabled "spawn with half-health" command.
- Players now spawn with 1k gold.
- Banking system available at Ironlegion Banking

scaled.php

Server information:

• Base in Germany
  • Intel Core i7 Quad-Core
  • 8GB RAM
  • 250GB HDD
  • 100 Slots 24/7
  • Current Scene: Fjordland

Ironlegion Teamspeak:

• Address: Ironlegion.de
  • 500 slots 24/7
  • Info on events
  • Admin help and complaints
  • Dedicated user channels
Teamspeak preview at Ironlegion

Servers Current Status:
DOWN

For further information: Iron Legion Website

Who are we:

We are a former clan of warband and Persistant World. Some years ago we thought of hosting our own server to the public, but some mayor issues hinced us from doing so. As a collective group, we now intend to give the Persistant World playerbase an alternative to those other servers out there such as United, RCC, or Game of Thrones -to whom we send our best wishes- hence in an attempt to make the user's experience when playing Mount & Blade Warband Persistant World, a more self-satysfying and enjoyable one.
Please give us a try, dear players; we are just starting up this project, and a project without any support is doomed to fail. We promise not to let you down if you give us a try.

What do we want to achieve:

• First of all, to become a noticeable server, and to be a place of gaming for the Persistant World playerbase.
  • A safe environment for our players, and a place where everyone can have fun together playing this module of the game.
  • A successful administration team that will enforce rules, and try to enhance the gameplay for the entire playerbase in our server.
  • To aim for originality. To offer the playerbase something different the rest of the servers cannot offer, thus giving the players a new experience in our server.
  • To deal swiftly with any complaints that are justified, or to listen to any suggestions that can refresh the value of our server.
  • To keep you all happy and contempt with, as the playerbase satisfaction is our first and most important goal of all.

The Server Rules:

• Be friendly. We do not want any rudeness in our server, as we aim for a safe environment for our players. Any insults or disrespective behaviour should be reported to an administrator, who will deal with them right away. Also, any racism or similar attitudes will be punished right away- possibly with a permanent / temporal ban
  • Randoming. Killing someone, or a group of people for an unjustified reason (no roleplay reason) is not allowed. The character proceeding to kill another character must have an IC justification such as insults, robbery, or dishonour.
  • New Life Rule. After your character death, your status and thoughts IC are also reset back to normal. You shall not seek whoever killed you, or mantain relations of slavery / vassalage with a certain player once you have been killed.
  • War. War can be declared for various reasons. You are allowed to declare war for any IC reason such as the taxing of your own serfs by another faction, territorial expansion, blood, or else. Before declaring war, a messenger must be sent to the castle faction with the news of war. Once the messenger delivers the message, war must be reported to an administrator, then he will announce it globally. The messenger shall NOT be harmed. If he is harmed while leaving castle, the player who killed him will be severely punished.
  • Peace. Peace can be declared at anytime, however it requires another messenger, or the lords of each faction to talk to each other face to face. First, a meeting must be reported to an administrator, which he will announce globally. No one can be harmed during this meeting - punishments will apply if someone gets killed. Wether peace is achieved or not during the meeting is due to the players' own will.
  • Bounties. Anyone in the server can set up a bounty for a valid IC reason. Bounties are only applicable to outlaws, and an outlaw must commit three crimes or infringements at least. When a player wants to set a bounty, he must first talk to an administrator who will judge wether the bounty is applied, and the reward for sucessfully undertaking such.
  • Assassination. The man who hires an assassin must have an IC reason to do so. For example, betrayal, robbery, bounties, or being an enemy of the faction. Once the contract is given, the man accepting the contract must say: "Contract Given". The assassin must report to the administrators the identity of the victim, and the man hiring him. The identity of the assassin shall NOT be revealed in global or OOC, by statements such as "Contract Accepted" which would make aware to the whole playerbase who the assassin is. Once the contract is finished then the identity of the assassin can be revealed OOC with statements such as: "Contract Finished". New Life Rule applies.
  • Robbing. Robbing is allowed for anyone in the server, to anyone in the server. Bounties apply here to outlaws. When robbing, you cannot kill the person who you are robbing. You can steal full carts, but only one item the victim is carrying.
  • Taxing. Only outlaws or faction members can tax. Outlaws can tax in any place, whereas faction members can only tax near their own lands or property.
    Outlaws can tax everyone in the server for the following ammount of money:
    -Serfs: 500 gold
    -Armed commoners: 1k
    -Knights / Armored men: <2k, 5k>
    Faction members may only tax serfs or outlaws for 1k maximum.
  • Outlaws. Once outlaws have a bounty on their head they can kill on sight. Randoming rule does not apply on them. Anyone can also kill an outlaw on sight. Once the outlaw dies and the bounty is completed, New Life Rule applies. If outlaws do not have a bounty on their head, regard them as commoners.
  • Hacking & Glitching. If an administrator of the server sees any player using bugs in the scene or other errors to their advantage, he will be warned once. If he does so again, he may be banned from the server.
  • Mercenaries. Any commoner can train for a mercenary while remaining commoner, as our maps will give players this opportunity. However, while being mercenary, a player cannot attack the members of another faction. In order to do so, he must join the faction in question, then attack the other faction if at war with each other. With outlaws however, a commoner mercenary can be hired for an undefined amount of money to kill a specific outlaw. (People who hires the mercenary must have an IC reason to do so).
  • Banking. A banking system is available in our website here. Once you have created an account, save your ID and Account Name as those will let you access to your money and withdraw or deposit more into the bank at any time when any administrators are on.

In this server commoners and outlaws are treated as independent, this means when a commoner kills another commoner, it counts as a normal kill, and the victim will lose money. We believe this enhances roleplay for assassinations, mercenaries, and other situations where a commoner is allowed to kill another commoner, resulting in the justified death of the victim, and the consecutive drop of his money.

If no admin is online, then all important events shall be announced in global chat such as peace or war declarations, contracts etc.
  • Administrators shall only log in as such when admining. When playing, do not log in with the administrator password. Note: Trusted admins will be able to log in with the administrator password when only playing, if willing to listen to complaints and reports.
  • Cheats may not be used when playing. Spawning money is acceptable, as long as the amount is not ridiculously high, and offends the player-base. When resolving complaints, or logged in as administrator, admins are allowed to use the full administrator tools for the sake of the rules.
  • Admins may well decide on who deserves punishment, and who deserves compensation once having listened to both sides of the story.
  • Administrators must know all the server rules before even applying. They must find a balance between the satisfaction of the player-base and the enforcement of server rules. Which is more important during an specific situation, is due to them.
  • Administrators can host any events, which are not very time consuming, and which will not harm other players' experience in the server in any way. For big time-scale event ideas, they must refer to higher tier administrators for reference to their event.
  • Logs are only available to higher tier admins, and any searching throughout these must be first requested to them. Logs will be checked weekly during a maintenance routine.
  • Anyone can complain about any admin, following the right format in the correct place. Any administrator who is found out to be abusing or very inactive will be removed from the team.

scrollu.png

The Administration Team:
blackarmormini.png

Server Admins: Those with access to the logs and the rootserver. They have the most control over the server.

• xtinct [Server Owner]
  • Lannistark
  • Narandill

Trusted Administrators: They do not have root access, however they do have all admin privileges, and may access to root whenever requested.

• TiberiusX
  • Susliks
  • Billy
  • Rain
  • Huitsi

Administrators: They possess admin privileges, but are still being watched and must always apply to the full administrator rules.

• Dark Blade
  • GreenMonsters
  • Forshais

Trial Admins: Just accepted into the team. Being carefully supervised, they must strictly follow all the server rules.

Planned Events:

Useful Help and Links:

MousePad said:
You really don't need to make a new post every time you change something.

He can if he wishes to, keeps everyone who is interested up to date.

Lannistark said:
Silversword said:
Good luck, be happy ghost town under boots of two lone fighters on battlefield at Playerbase Hill.

Why are you so mean? What have we done to you?
Well, instead of reporting it as trolling, I stated your opinion. To be nice, I used "good luck" at beggining, and then stated my opinion you won't hold for long. What is forum if not place to state your opinion? Another man who cannot stand criticism...

I'm not mean, I'm just having normal look on things, nor too optimistic nor too pessimistic. From my experience I know that such a servers usually do not stand a chance. And no, I'm not mean, completely not givin a *** about insulting, just posted my opinion.

MousePad said:
You really don't need to make a new post every time you change something.

You really don't need to post every time you see someone doing something wrong, in your opinion.

I know this is a forum, but it can be done excessively, you know, stating your opinion...

Silversword said:
I'm not mean, I'm just having normal look on things, nor too optimistic nor too pessimistic. From my experience I know that such a servers usually do not stand a chance. And no, I'm not mean, completely not givin a *** about insulting, just posted my opinion.
IronLegion was actually my favorite server a while ago, until it was shut down (which forced me to play on Eu..).

I really hope their team manages to provide the players with the same gameplay experience that I, luckily, had back then.

IronLegion was actually my favorite server a while ago, until it was shut down (which forced me to play on Eu..).
I really hope their team manages to provide the players with the same gameplay experience that I, luckily, had back then.

We are giving it our best right now. United is a pretty good server at times, but we are currently working on providing a different approach to playin PW currently. New maps etc(we got a guy with a vision working on it :mrgreen:).

Was in the server today, gettin people trying random you all the time as outlaw.
When told to admins they come and see but do nothing. (Even when i told the situation few times in server filled with 18people only)

You guys need some serious training as an admin and to shape the server so everyone could enjoy it in their own way(by the rules).

You can say whatever you wan't but you know you're a leaking boat.  :roll:

Teelio said:
Was in the server today, gettin people trying random you all the time as outlaw.
When told to admins they come and see but do nothing. (Even when i told the situation few times in server filled with 18people only)

You guys need some serious training as an admin and to shape the server so everyone could enjoy it in their own way(by the rules).

You can say whatever you wan't but you know you're a leaking boat.  :roll:
can i ask who were these admins?

Back
Top Bottom