VC Completed [EU] Suisse Saturday: VC Event [Accepting Admins]

Users who are viewing this thread

jo9ZST.gif

Next Event: Saturday 10th January, 8:00 - 8:30 GMT + 0

Become an Administrator

I am keen to have some extra admins help out with organizing and administrating the event. As long as you fit the same category/agree with the points below,
there is no reason why you wouldn't be accepted. If you want to become an admin then contact me on steam, my account link is at the bottom of this post.

1) You need to be actively taking part in a clan/regiment on any module with Mount & Blade Warband
2) You promise to uphold all the rules, and guarantee that all decisions will be none-biased and fair.
3) You promise to attempt to make the event enjoyable for as many people possible.

How to Join

1. Join Teamspeak at 7:30 GMT + 0
2. Post your numbers in teamspeak when asked
3. Join the server 5 minutes before the event starts

Teamspeak IP: 85.236.109.244:15157
New Teamspeak IP: 85.236.100.32:14257

Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/VCSaturdayEvent

Event Rules

1) Units must maintain cohesion, and stick together on the battlefield.

2) Units will be allowed one slinger/archer for every 6 men on the battlefield.

3) Units will be allowed only one horseman for every 15 men on the battlefield.

4) Units will be allowed to have only 1 Army Standard on the battlefield.

5) Units will be allowed to have only 1 horn on the battlefield.

6) Units must not allow their members to troll on the battlefield.

7) Units must not allow their members to rambo on the battlefield.

:cool: Units must not allow their members to team-kill/team-hit others on the battlefield.

9) No spears or two handed swords will be allowed unless said so by the admin.

10) No mail armour must be worn during the event unless said so by an admin.

11) Clan leaders must remain active in steam chat with the admin (Until admin announcement is fixed).

Administrators

Rallix said:
I'd like to have some idea of the rules you plan to use during the event, if you don't mind.

With the help of Ragnar, other organizers, and hopefully community feedback- we shall start making the rules this Thursday when the game is released. We won't have an accurate understanding of the game-modes and balance until then. Knowing my own and other peoples excitement for the release, I'm pretty sure that the rules will be created on Thursday, after which, we will then present them to the community who will hopefully give us feedback, and any changes needed will be made.

GMG123 said:
Rallix said:
I'd like to have some idea of the rules you plan to use during the event, if you don't mind.

With the help of Ragnar, other organizers, and hopefully community feedback- we shall start making the rules this Thursday when the game is released. We won't have an accurate understanding of the game-modes and balance until then. Knowing my own and other peoples excitement for the release, I'm pretty sure that the rules will be created on Thursday, after which, we will then present them to the community who will hopefully give us feedback, and any changes needed will be made.
Alright then. Do heed Thundersnow's post in the VC main thread. It has some good ideas on rule strictness and the way very large events should be handled.

Rallix said:
GMG123 said:
Rallix said:

Alright then. Do heed Thundersnow's post in the VC main thread. It has some good ideas on rule strictness and the way very large events should be handled.

I was reading it earlier, but I will make sure to do so again before creating rules. He is actually someone I am trying to get in touch with to speak further about it.

onarum said:
GMG123 said:
onarum said:
I'm down for it, thought where is the server located? I may have some ping issues since I'm in Brazil..

It is a 200 slot server with good ping, located in Paris.

Oh yes I'm sure the server is awesome, the problem is me :smile: I'll give it a shot none the less.
I have ping problems even inside brasil imagine france  :lol:
I bet my ping will be 600 plus  :mad:

Its great to see a event being planned. If you choose to create it for the saturday then im sure we can come, ill vertify it with our leader and if all goes well I will add you on steam and sign us up (I can't right now) but I can say right now that if you do plan to host it on the saturday we will have 20+ coming.

Oh and I can help you like Ragnarr in creating the rules set etc if you need.  :grin:

Bebbanburg will be up for this. Particulary as Saxons or Vikings, we are also planing to host our own weekly event on the module but we are looking forward to as many as we can.

LowesyPC said:
Bebbanburg will be up for this. Particulary as Saxons or Vikings, we are also planing to host our own weekly event on the module but we are looking forward to as many as we can.
Likewise we are looking forward to go to several events aswell.

Oh I forgot to mention that our clan is Saxon, so if any events will have Saxons Vs ____ then we will most definitely go if possible.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Its great to see a event being planned. If you choose to create it for the saturday then im sure we can come, ill vertify it with our leader and if all goes well I will add you on steam and sign us up (I can't right now) but I can say right now that if you do plan to host it on the saturday we will have 20/40+ coming.

Oh and I can help you like Ragnarr in creating the rules set etc if you need.  :grin:

Its great to see that you can come and would bring so many :smile: Also, most responses we have at the moment are that Saturday would be better. And if you would like to help out, which would be great, then we can add one another on steam and you can join us on Thursday in deciding the rules :smile:

BlazingPhoenix said:

Oh I forgot to mention that our clan is Saxon, so if any events will have Saxons Vs ____ then we will most definitely go if possible.

I think the most anticipated scenario for the first event would be Vikings vs Saxons :smile:

LowesyPC said:

Its good to see another fan of Uhtred on taleworlds :smile: we should contact one another steam, as we may want to share ideas about rules and how events on the module would run.

Do you have experience from huge events like this? If not, it might be wise to chat with someone, who has been playing these kind of huge shieldbattle events before. You could also check some forum boards, like Mount and Gladius or March of Rome, there might still be old shieldbattle event threads and rules. Somewhere in this forum section is also 15th Linebattle event thread.

Envious_Elazul said:
Do you have experience from huge events like this? If not, it might be wise to chat with someone, who has been playing these kind of huge shieldbattle events before. You could also check some forum boards, like Mount and Gladius or March of Rome, there might still be old shieldbattle event threads and rules. Somewhere in this forum section is also 15th Linebattle event thread.

I have helped run events in the past and have been running NW/MM regiments with people since 2010. I have attended shieldwall events in Bello-Civili, and attended a Vikingr event yesterday to have an understanding. I am also lucky enough to have some clan leaders help me out with the event to ensure that everything runs well. It is a good point to note, looking at old topics of shieldwall events :smile: and I will do so before creating the rules. Thanks for the advice :smile:

GMG123 said:
Envious_Elazul said:

I have helped run events in the past and have been running NW/MM regiments with people since 2010. I have attended shieldwall events in Bello-Civili, and attended a Vikingr event yesterday to have an understanding. I am also lucky enough to have some clan leaders help me out with the event to ensure that everything runs well. It is a good point to note, looking at old topics of shieldwall events :smile: and I will do so before creating the rules. Thanks for the advice :smile:

Me and my leader can help if you are relating to those in bold :lol:

Back
Top Bottom