EU siege servers constantly crashing

Users who are viewing this thread

Fixer

Regular
The EU siege servers are crashing left and right.
  • crashes frequently occur midgame / - exe stops need relogin
  • transitioning to another round almost every time results in a crash to server selection screen
I've seen some threads mentioning this but they werent specific about the location / game type.

Last edited:

Namakan

Grandmaster Knight
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
don't worry, it has only been an issue for about a year. I'm sure taleworlds sees this as a priority and has their best people on it!

Fixer

Regular
don't worry, it has only been an issue for about a year. I'm sure taleworlds sees this as a priority and has their best people on it!
Well it had been in somewhat better shape before :smile:. for example i didnt see the eu server come back up for quite a while today, however it restarted after a while earlier.
as a dev / automation guy I would be glad to put in some free/volunteer work for them if that would mean we could stabilise things a bit. (yeah I know naive even to think about it :sad: )..

Caps

Knight at Arms
WBWF&SNWVC
you mean that guy called "no one"? He is one of the best i heard...

elderbong

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNW
Well it had been in somewhat better shape before :smile:. for example i didnt see the eu server come back up for quite a while today, however it restarted after a while earlier.
as a dev / automation guy I would be glad to put in some free/volunteer work for them if that would mean we could stabilise things a bit. (yeah I know naive even to think about it :sad: )..
It really seems like some super super poorly coded servers, I imagine fixing it would require a huge refactor. If it were easy I'd hope they would've done it by now, not that it being difficult is a good excuse to just never touch it.

Fixer

Regular
super super poorly coded servers
not really. if the code is perfect syntactically there might be unforseen states / unsynced services etc. or simple resource based problems might arise: running out of memory / etc.
app/service/platform logs mostly make it easy to track these kind of issues down. analyitcs and profiling help with the more complicated crashes (if they collect those anyway :smile: )

elderbong

Recruit
M&BWBWF&SNW
not really. if the code is perfect syntactically there might be unforseen states / unsynced services etc. or simple resource based problems might arise: running out of memory / etc.
app/service/platform logs mostly make it easy to track these kind of issues down. analyitcs and profiling help with the more complicated crashes (if they collect those anyway :smile: )
What do you think 'poorly coded' means? You went on to describe bad code, with the one exception being inadequate hardware.

Fixer

Regular
well it can be for example also badly designed / architected which is a hard case in itself. "good code" can lead to disasterous outcomes even then...
'bad code' has all kinds of other indicators:
- eg poorly structured -> hinders readability and maintainability; can be correct otherwise etc etc.
- without clear patterns / conventions
- without language specific "sugar" ~ tends to happen with ppl jumping between different languages on the same day. eg ppl coding in go, c#, c++ and some scripts like python. that can easily lead to some dangerously beahving code at the end of the day. (using features which behave in a very very different manner depending on the env.)
I'm dealing with "old code" (10y or older sometimes) on a daily basis luckily more good then bad.

Fixer

Regular
@OurGloriousLeader
from today's changelog:
Crashes

• Fixed a crash that occurred on round start if a castle gate was destroyed during the warmup phase.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when entering the team selection screen.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred after loading into Skirmish matches.
So they are actually working on it but it can be a pain in the *everywhere* to nail such bugs down :smile:.

OurGloriousLeader

Grandmaster Knight
I know they'll be working on it, but there are clear server stability and performance issues that have been consistent from patch to patch.

ParzivaI

Veteran
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Haven't been able to play siege for months... I would join the games mid round, the game would finish but it crashed during the transition to the new map.

Fixer

Regular
today I've had 3 consecutive successfully loaded rounds :smile:. 3rd time is the charm: crashed before it ended :sad:

Top Bottom