Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

[IPL]Haldir

Recruit
Summary: I'm playing skirmishes on EU servers and during evening time or night time i can meet constantly ping spikes. It is only visible in M&B II Bannerlord, other games works fine. Any speed tests shows that there is no issue.
How to Reproduce: Play skirmishes during evening time, night time (from 18 - 19 CET)
Scene Name (if related):

Media (Screenshots & Video):
bannerlord-image.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.5671
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz
RAM: 16 GB (2 x 8 DDR4-2400)
Motherboard:Z170-Gaming K3 (U3E1)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Crucial_CT525MX300SSD1 (SSD)

I have a similar problem since today. I usually have like 20-25 ping, yet for some reason today I kept getting 50+ ping and constant packetloss. I thought the ping issue was solved... looks like it isn't tho. @NIN3

P.S.: I did speedtests, and they all put my ping at exactly 20. My ping on TS is 20 as well, so it isn't related to my internet connection.

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER
GPU Driver Version: latest version of the Nvidia driver.
CPU: Intel Core i9-9900k, 3.60GHz
RAM: 32GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Last edited:
I've been having this issue for about a year now, ping will generally sit between 20-30 yet when I begin combat it often spikes up to 50-100+ for absolutely no apparent reason, generally get download speeds of 2-3 megabytes (not bits) so it should be more than sufficient to meet the requirements for multiplayer and my computer is more than good enough to run the game so its not on that end neither.

I've been having this issue for about a year now, ping will generally sit between 20-30 yet when I begin combat it often spikes up to 50-100+ for absolutely no apparent reason, generally get download speeds of 2-3 megabytes (not bits) so it should be more than sufficient to meet the requirements for multiplayer and my computer is more than good enough to run the game so its not on that end neither.
Yeah dw, NIN3 already stated that it's very likely a problem with their provider. I've had a ping problem from June 2020 to like May 2021. From May to like late October everything was fine, but now it's all gone to **** again.

Usually I used to have ping of 40-45 before the recent patch, but now I got 60+ ping with the packet loss symbol constantly on. This happens every evening since a week. I also played a bit during today's lunchtime, I got 50 ping without packet loss <-- much fewer people were online. Hope this will get fixed soon

Usually I used to have ping of 40-45 before the recent patch, but now I got 60+ ping with the packet loss symbol constantly on. This happens every evening since a week. I also played a bit during today's lunchtime, I got 50 ping without packet loss <-- much fewer people were online. Hope this will get fixed soon
Yeah, I always only get 50+ ping and packetloss after 4pm CET. After 11pm CET, my ping goes back down to normal.

EDIT:
I tried multiple other speedtests, always the same result. I also launched Warband, which gave me 19-22 ping on most servers. I launched "Insurgency" which gave me 21 ping.. I launched "Star Wars: The Old Republic", which gave me 29 ping.. oh well acceptable, since it's a game THAT ACTUALLY HAS PLAYERS..

Last edited:
Yeah, I always only get 50+ ping and packetloss after 4pm CET. After 11pm CET, my ping goes back down to normal.

EDIT:
I tried multiple other speedtests, always the same result. I also launched Warband, which gave me 19-22 ping on most servers. I launched "Insurgency" which gave me 21 ping.. I launched "Star Wars: The Old Republic", which gave me 29 ping.. oh well acceptable, since it's a game THAT ACTUALLY HAS PLAYERS..
Similar situation here, speed tests do not indicate any problem at my end, the connection is stable as always. I launched warband, got ping of 40, launched Battlefield 1, had a ping of 35...

In addition, especially during peak times, the game becames pretty much unplayable. Ping always above 60, packet loss shining like a christmas tree, many times my attacks do not register but bounce off the enemy, when they register I have to wait at least 1 second after I hit the enemy and the damage report + the animation that the enemy was hit is played. Same happens when receiving a hit, I see that it got me, but have to wait 1 second to get the animation & damage report. With these issues going on, it is pretty much impossible to put up a decent fight.
Tried to play some siege this evening and had to wait 2-3 minutes just to see the servers at the custom games lists. When the server was full but wanted to join anyways, at least 30 seconds had to pass to just get the message "couldn't join, the server is full", whereas it took 1-2 seconds before the recent patch. Moreover, I also got disconnected from lobby 3 times...

Similar situation here, speed tests do not indicate any problem at my end, the connection is stable as always. I launched warband, got ping of 40, launched Battlefield 1, had a ping of 35...

In addition, especially during peak times, the game becames pretty much unplayable. Ping always above 60, packet loss shining like a christmas tree, many times my attacks do not register but bounce off the enemy, when they register I have to wait at least 1 second after I hit the enemy and the damage report + the animation that the enemy was hit is played. Same happens when receiving a hit, I see that it got me, but have to wait 1 second to get the animation & damage report. With these issues going on, it is pretty much impossible to put up a decent fight.
Tried to play some siege this evening and had to wait 2-3 minutes just to see the servers at the custom games lists. When the server was full but wanted to join anyways, at least 30 seconds had to pass to just get the message "couldn't join, the server is full", whereas it took 1-2 seconds before the recent patch. Moreover, I also got disconnected from lobby 3 times...
I have exactly the same problem u mentioned. @NIN3 When can we expect a fix? Cuz we're here at TCV are also getting into comp again, and it's kinda hard to kill ppl, when ur swing is delayed for about 2 seconds.

I have exactly the same problem u mentioned. @NIN3 When can we expect a fix? Cuz we're here at TCV are also getting into comp again, and it's kinda hard to kill ppl, when ur swing is delayed for about 2 seconds.
At my desperation, I tried playing with VPN (free version, iTop VPN v2.1) just to see if there was a difference. I logged into a free french server and lone behold: ping around 50 instead of 65+, packet loss icon appeared just once in a while. Suddenly I could enjoy fights again. I do not want to stick with VPN for the long term, but it might seem as the only tool for a short term fix.

At my desperation, I tried playing with VPN (free version, iTop VPN v2.1) just to see if there was a difference. I logged into a free french server and lone behold: ping around 50 instead of 65+, packet loss icon appeared just once in a while. Suddenly I could enjoy fights again. I do not want to stick with VPN for the long term, but it might seem as the only tool for a short term fix.
Yeah VPN's have always helped with ping issues, but there is still a delay and honestly, they can't really expect us to use a VPN to play their game, only because they aren't capable of fixing their servers.

Can you send us the file below after reproducing this issue again? Please keep in mind that the log files will be reset when the game is launched again. It is crucial that you should upload the files right after the issue has happened. Please also note that the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder by default.
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs\rgl_log_xxxxx.txt
You can send me the file via email to arda.gunduz at taleworlds dot com Please include the forum threads URL so that I can find it easily. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom