EU server problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Archonsod said:
The servers seem flaky recently. Wonder if it's the influx of new players over-stressing them.

One word comes to my mind: Bots.  :roll: We had a lot of trouble with them right from the start, remember how almost all servers went down because of bots overriding them? Right now US #3 is working perfectly and has 32/32 people on it, the #6 works until you press ESC.  :???:

All Oceanic Servers up. The manual battle and conquest US servers are up. Both insanely laggy for any Euro.

I haven't seen anything on this yet and didn't want to post in bugs coz I'm not sure if it is even a bug or not. Anyway...

The last couple of days I have had real trouble trying to join / play on any EU servers. I can get in but then everything freezes and I back out to the server screen again and get a message that my profile name is in use. After a while the server just disappears.

This happened again just now. I brought up the current server list using the 'Start Search' function as I do whenever I start - as the list that first appears seems to be what was last present when I last played the game. The EU servers were there so i joined the Team Deathmatch server (i forget the number) and everything was fine for a couple of minutes and then neither the A or D direction keys worked. W and S still did. I checked using chat and the keys themselves were fine. Then I noticed that the chat wasn't being transmitted and guessed that the server or my connection had crashed.

I 'Start Search'ed the server list and all the EU servers disappeared and there were at least 3 when I last looked. Plenty of US and what I am guessing are Oceanic servers or something due to their ping are there, just not the EU ones. Of course being in the UK id rather play with a 20 ping than a 100 ping, but I'm easy as this is just for testing so I view it as a privilege to be able to play at all.

This is NOT a complaint or anything like it. I am just a little confuzzled. Also if this is a bug or has already been posted elsewhere (yes I did look but that doesn't mean that I didn't miss it.) then let me know and I'll remove this thread - or you can delete it yourselves.

Again I am not moaning and will now happily go and play on the US servers, but I was just wondering if this was a technical problem, something my end (unlikely as I can play fine on US servers, etc), or they are being taken down deliberately for whatever purposes.

Peace.

EDIT: Arse, I just noticed that while i was typing this Nord Jesus beat me to it with a much more concise question :grin:

Oh well I was just trying to help. Please don't flame me! I'm not fire retardant. Though it would appear I am a little retarded.
Yes whag happen to the eu servers

Back
Top Bottom