EU server problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Thornton

Sergeant
I haven't seen anything on this yet and didn't want to post in bugs coz I'm not sure if it is even a bug or not. Anyway...

The last couple of days I have had real trouble trying to join / play on any EU servers. I can get in but then everything freezes and I back out to the server screen again and get a message that my profile name is in use. After a while the server just disappears.

This happened again just now. I brought up the current server list using the 'Start Search' function as I do whenever I start - as the list that first appears seems to be what was last present when I last played the game. The EU servers were there so i joined the Team Deathmatch server (i forget the number) and everything was fine for a couple of minutes and then neither the A or D direction keys worked. W and S still did.  I checked using chat and the keys themselves were fine. Then I noticed that the chat wasn't being transmitted and guessed that the server or my connection had crashed.

I 'Start Search'ed the server list and all the EU servers disappeared and there were at least 3 when I last looked. Plenty of US and what I am guessing are Oceanic servers or something due to their ping are there, just not the EU ones. Of course being in the UK id rather play with a 20 ping than a 100 ping, but I'm easy as this is just for testing so I view it as a privilege to be able to play at all.

This is NOT a complaint or anything like it. I am just a little confuzzled. Also if this is a bug or has already been posted elsewhere (yes I did look but that doesn't mean that I didn't miss it.) then let me know and I'll remove this thread - or you can delete it yourselves.

Again I am not moaning and will now happily go and play on the US servers, but I was just wondering if this was a technical problem, something my end (unlikely as I can play fine on US servers, etc), or they are being taken down deliberately for whatever purposes.

Peace.

EDIT: Arse, I just noticed that while i was typing this Nord Jesus beat me to it with a much more concise question :grin:

Oh well I was just trying to help. Please don't flame me! I'm not fire retardant. Though it would appear I am a little retarded.

Your experience is pretty much same as mine has been tonight.

We now only seem to have one EU server online and the thing you described about it locking up happened to me too :sad:

Just tried the US servers and while I was able to play for a little while I ran up against this part of the problem again:

"but then everything freezes and I back out to the server screen again and get a message that my profile name is in use."

This has only been happening since the 614 version of the game. I have no idea if that update even included anything related to this sort of thing, but I had no such instances of it happening on 613 which I played for quite a while - since I joined the beta.

I have checked my router and connection and everything else appears to be working fine

Also, is there any explanation for this cryptic invalid CD key error that's been plaguing people trying to join servers? Are the authentication servers crashing as well, or something?

okiN said:
Also, is there any explanation for this cryptic invalid CD key error that's been plaguing people trying to join servers? Are the authentication servers crashing as well, or something?

No it just means that server is offline.

ejnomad07 said:
Thornton said:
Sgt Pepper said:
Ljas said:
The last EU server just disappeared.

Time to invade the US servers then :grin:

Oh well at least 'The colonies' are still up. I guess I'll go pop on my 'Redcoat' and go fish my Tea out the harbour.

LMAO

Bring it on. Try not to stand out in the open and fire upon us in formation this time around eh?

My good man. Please don't bother me while I am instructing my servants on the correct way to pack Champagne and soft linens. Anyway, its just a walk in the woods, how hard can it be. Now that's the first 20 trunks packed. Now for my silk smalls.

And what's this not standing in line thing all about. Just doesn't sound like cricket to me.

More seriously I recently finished the Liberty! The American Revolution documentary. Was fascinating and I highly recommend it to anyone. PM me if you want a link to it as it is must viewing for any true history buff.

I'd recommend Mark Urban's Fusiliers for a good ride through the revolutionary war. From the British perspective of course.

The servers seem flaky recently. Wonder if it's the influx of new players over-stressing them. If you can get back in with one of the "profile in use" errors it might be worth checking the spectator list to see if you're in there. Earlier versions would sometimes chuck up a bug where a disconnected player would remain in the list (with 0 ping too, lucky bastard).

Back
Top Bottom