EU Online Campaign I – Looking for an Adjudicator!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many Rhodoks! ARRGH!

Who wants Rhodoks? 3 out of 4 of the clans, that is, if IRC doesn't want them too!

Edit: I'm fine with not being the adjudicator, since you guys now have other candidates, and I can focus more on mercing.

What happens if two allied empires attack the same region? Will it be 2vs1? Or two matches? If 2vs1, who of the two kingdoms will take the region?

longbow93 said:
What happens if two allied empires attack the same region? Will it be 2vs1? Or two matches? If 2vs1, who of the two kingdoms will take the region?

If they both issue move/attack command, it is not considered allied attack. So, the one with more support. Or if both have equal support, it is chosen randomly.

If one of them issues support command, as it should be done, the one with move/attack command will take the region.

Note: "if two opposing armies with the same support move into an undefended province, they fight a battle there. The winners of the random selection will fight as the defenders, but if they lose the battle, they will retreat as attackers."

This applies to the case of allied kingdoms as well. If the move is made as a result of failed coordination rather than betrayal, then they can choose not to fight the battle, but one of them will still have to retreat out of the province.

Edit: on signups, we're still waiting for OL, Norsemen, RS and Einhärjar/Shieldings, since they indicated interest before. If they don't materialize, and nobody else signs up, then I'll probably send out a general invitation to all major EU clans so that we can get started.

okiN said:
kingofnoobia said:
... and that means I'm no longer a canditate for being the abjudicator :wink:. However, if you really can't find anyone, I'm still willing to do so, even if that means I can't play myself.

Well, I personally think you'd be a very good choice for the job. And since your clan is a mercenary one, there shouldn't be any serious worries about neutrality. However, you'd obviously also be an absolutely key player as a mercenary, and if you'd prefer to do that, I don't want to force you. I'll try to think of some alternatives. :smile:
If you wouldn't find anyone else, I'm still an enthousiastic candidate. Both being the abjudicator and being a mercenary have their own appeal, and I really wouldn't mind not being able to participate. I doubt I'd be terribly missed as a mercenary, I tend to be average at best, especially when compared to the players of organised clans, in Battle mode :???:.

Anyway, if you would have trouble to find anyone, just ask :wink:.

Well, like I said, Archonsod and lumikant (if nobody objects to him) have also said that they're available, so it's not really a crisis in that sense. I think you'd still be my first choice, but it's up to you. :smile:

What is the role of mercenaries exactly during the campaign? Can we play also on the world map for instance and hold our own battles for a certain kindgom, or do we only need to fill up in battles for them etcetera?

You're pretty much just filler for teams. I didn't really want to complicate things by including too strong a mechanic to cover mercenary action. That's something for future campaigns, maybe. I guess if a kingdom let you, you could fill up a majority of the team for a battle, but you'd still be tied to their army movements.

okiN said:
You're pretty much just filler for teams. I didn't really want to complicate things by including too strong a mechanic to cover mercenary action. That's something for future campaigns, maybe. I guess if a kingdom let you, you could fill up a majority of the team for a battle, but you'd still be tied to their army movements.

Ah ok. Gives some more clarification about it. Thanks.

4. Default settings:

8 players to a team
Best out of 5 rounds
No bots
Melee/Ranged FF on 20% friend
Free camera
Manual block
Normal speed
Default gold

u like noobs settings?

15vs15
11 rounds for win
75% FF non reflective
hight speed
team camera lock

That's more like a normal game

Again, that's all between the two kingdoms doing the fighting. There's no particular reason to stick to the default settings, they're just there to have something to build on. They allow for a short, simple, no-frills game. If people want to play a bigger, better kind of match, then they're not only free, but encouraged to do so.

Edit: so, are you guys playing, or...?

high speed? I dont see any improvement with that but playing in a totally diferent setting than most of the servers.. and so on.. changing drastically the gameplay which pretty much suck in a "league" or campaign or whatever....

oKin, we should make a date maybe late April-July for clans to come, then create a map, play

The map is already designed and is being finalized. When we have 6 kingdoms signed up, we can distribute the factions and randomize the starting locations. I'm hoping to start play within a week or so... maybe call it the 26th so we can start on a Monday with fortnightly turns.

Here's what we got so far (WIP):

lyonesse_map_colour.png

Lyonesse and its smaller sibling, Ys, were discovered in 864 by the Nord explorer Bolverk, who named it Bolverksland. In later times it was rediscovered by the Swadians who named it Lyonesse.

Each great faction of Calradia sent a group to colonise, at first peacefully and then by force. Lyonesse became a popular place to send exiles and bored third sons, and they in turn embraced it as a new land in which they could earn glory for their name. In time, Lyonesse became a kind of microcosm of the larger calradia, each clash between the forces of the princes of Lyonesse was mirrored by the wars fought on the continent.

Lyonesse is famed for its great white mountain lions. The de facto arms of the island are a crowned white lion rampant on a field of red. Recently, the famed Khergit poet and chronicler, Qadachar was exiled to Lyonesse after writing a particularly cutting poem about Sanjar Khan.

To clarify, none of the starting locations are linked to factions yet. After we have all the kingdoms and factions sorted out, we'll randomize the starting locations and finalize the map. The map was drawn by Ursca, provinces and such mostly done by Nireco, with a little help from yours truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom