[EU] Oasis - Refreshment -=- Scripts -=- Active staff -=- All about fun

Users who are viewing this thread

oasis_logo_2.png

SERVER ONLINE

Welcome to PW Oasis!
Our aim is to give a refreshing touch to the PW community and servers.
We wish to give players an real 'Persistent World' feeling, by trying the best we can to help players as much out as we can.
We feature advanced logs, and an advanced admin panel so we can monitor and filter out players that do not belong on the server.

We are friendly to new players, as they come from the hack and slash version of Warband. We are willing to give them an introduction if needed. When they break a rule as new player, they will receive an warning and will be noted down. The next offence is an punishment according to the offence made.

We do not treat players independently, if they make YouTube videos and advertise us. We don't care. An offence is an offence and an according punishment will be placed! Even if it is an staff member breaking an player rule aswell as an admin rule.

Quoting my post from the other thread here (especially due to my comment about the levelling system)

Wait, so the PW economy is already ****ed anyway due to banks and you implement a way to gain even more money?  :roll:

Map looks awesome though - Poor computers might get some FPS issues while standing in the edges due to the high amount of details though (990 kb map size).

Nice to see you post Pendanyk.
FPS is great in this map, following the reposts of players.
The FPS is great because of the large amout of hills they make Warband not render every bit of the map (what you see is what you get). Also the map looks big but is medium size.
It indeed has a large amount of detail.

You gotta work for your levels, and you wont get extremly rich from getting money from leveling.

- Conner, Server owner

Yes, on a second look the FPS seems similar to other popular maps. Sorry for that.

Although I am still not convinced by the levelling system. You seem to underestimate the players will to grind - and encourage it even more with this system. Yes, you have to work for your levels - but the longer the server lasts, the higher the player levels will be. Long-term players with high levels might not have to work at all.

So, what's the deal with levelling now? I've played a little bit on the server and I am pretty sure that I was online for more than 1 hour, yet I did not receive any gold.

This is the only information I could find in your forum regarding levelling:
Well, every hour of user playtime, the user will receive his level, times 500 in gold. So if you're level 10 You will receive 5000 gold per hour of playing-time. (If you play for 10 minutes leave the server and come back and play for another 50, that counts as 1 hour playing time)

Is that information correct? Does it work yet? Am I retarded (also a possibility :grin:)?
Just saying: My previous criticism was based on the assumption that you get gold every hour.

Also: The prices seem quite weird to me. I did only check New Zendar and the nearest village; All the resources had at least 2x the price in the village! How is the castle supposed to get any materials if they can't even rely on trade? This does also result in easy money grinding; The price of about 300-400 for linen cloth with huge flax fields being nearby invites people to fill their banks.

Lots of stairs don't allow horses to climb them. Make them longer.

Remove or adjust the price of processed wood stockpiles (poles, short poles and boards); A lot of them have higher prices than the raw versions by default, making the raw resource stockpiles sort of useless. Have you ever tried repairing a castle with wooden boards on the default price? A very expensive task  :smile:
A little hint: The crafting refund is also calculated by the default prices of these processed wood items, not by the prices of the raw wood resources.

The amount of iron seems quite high to me. Just my opinion though; Scarce iron deposits aren't that popular and might decrease any possible growth of the server. New Zendar needs a lower price though; Also cap the iron at 100 (var2: 1x).

You can't herd animals in the pens; The "stone" one misses a gate (and I guess animals can exit with the table as well, didn't test it though) and the fenced one has no ai_limiters; Animals can go through the crude fence without them.

There's a river passing somewhere in which you drown.

chunky_monkeh said:
The FPS is great because of the large amout of hills they make Warband not render every bit of the map (what you see is what you get). Also the map looks big but is medium size

Yes! This is what I like to see in scenes! Kudos for selecting it and to the creator.

Also, I am curious to learn more about the leveling system as I am not all too familiar with it. What does a basic progression look like?

This mod was designed as a castle warfare mod, in any case I'm interested in how this levelling system turns out. Just one question though. If you recieve pay based on how long you've been on the server; what's your stance on being AFK?

Well seems like an interesting concept. Maybe some second thoughts on the rewarding for the leveling can been made.
Too much money around, might be rather destructive for the environment,

However, good luck!

chunky_monkeh said:
Froi, froi, froi.

'EU1_Nexus_Roleplay', 'Aussie_Roleplay', 'TR_Okatu_RP'
I don't need to name anymore.
Why shouldn't it be designed for rp.

Those servers are enforcing rules for role players, but mod is designed to be TDM with more teams and castles.

I don't remember seeing this thread before: make sure to read and understand the usage conditions on keeping the name "Persistent World" or anything similar. To quote the sticky forum post:
Vornne said:
Using the same module directory name as an official release on a dedicated server would only be permitted for minor bug fixes and enhancements that seem certain not to cause compatibility problems with the corresponding official module (no changes that require players to patch their clients). Server hosters using a module tweaked from an official release should assist in fixing related bugs reported while playing on that server, whether by fixing the scripts, revealing the changed parts, or reverting the changes.
The features you have listed above do not seem possible to class as "minor bug fixes and enhancements", and the likelihood of compatibility problems and bugs seems very high: note that "compatibility problems" include user interface changes where doing something on your server results in quite different and unexpected behaviour compared to on an official PW server. You should probably release a client download with a different name to avoid those issues; otherwise be very careful to seamlessly integrate any enhancements with existing PW features, not breaking any of them. Some of the other server side changes so far have bent or broken the rules, in my opinion, it is difficult to decide when tweakers are definitely abusing the condition quoted above.

Vornne said:
I don't remember seeing this thread before: make sure to read and understand the usage conditions on keeping the name "Persistent World" or anything similar. To quote the sticky forum post:
Vornne said:
Using the same module directory name as an official release on a dedicated server would only be permitted for minor bug fixes and enhancements that seem certain not to cause compatibility problems with the corresponding official module (no changes that require players to patch their clients). Server hosters using a module tweaked from an official release should assist in fixing related bugs reported while playing on that server, whether by fixing the scripts, revealing the changed parts, or reverting the changes.
The features you have listed above do not seem possible to class as "minor bug fixes and enhancements", and the likelihood of compatibility problems and bugs seems very high: note that "compatibility problems" include user interface changes where doing something on your server results in quite different and unexpected behaviour compared to on an official PW server. You should probably release a client download with a different name to avoid those issues; otherwise be very careful to seamlessly integrate any enhancements with existing PW features, not breaking any of them. Some of the other server side changes so far have bent or broken the rules, in my opinion, it is difficult to decide when tweakers are definitely abusing the condition quoted above.

I agree

We are going to implement more cool features soon!
Like a player interface, which with you can buy items for your in-game character, with in-game playtime!
Aswell as some tweaks to a anti random system :smile:.
Housing will be included again aswell, and we are deciding on the leveling system.

Stay tuned.
http://www.pw-oasis.com/forum

chunky_monkeh said:
Server Soon Relaunching! STAY TUNED!

Welcome to PW Oasis!
Our aim is to give a refreshing touch to the PW community and servers.
We wish to give players an real 'Persistent World' feeling, by trying the best we can to help players as much out as we can.
One of our tools is the featuring of advanced logs, and an advanced admin panel so we can monitor and filter out players that do not belong on the server.
We are friendly to new players, as they come from the hack and slash version of Warband. We are willing to give them an introduction if needed. When they break a rule as new player, they will receive an warning and will be noted down. The next offence is an punishment according to the offence made.

We do not treat players independently, if they make YouTube videos and advertise us. We don't care. An offence is an offence and an according punishment will be placed! Even if it is an staff member breaking an player rule aswell as an admin rule.

Long story short:
We will try to make one of the best PW servers.
We are not saying we are going to be the best. Because we are sure there are even better ones out there. But we are trying to. And we are honest, and we are open for improvments.

Y4qwWpJ.png
The Rules (short version,  find more at pw-oasis.com):

1. No RDM (RDM = Randoming, it is not allowed to attack players without any reason. The reason must be valid to attack, examples of valid reasons:
    1. If the player insults you, not an minor insult, Meant as joke. But an real insult.
    2. If the player grabs your horse and sees clearly it was yours.
    3. If the player steals your loot, you need to first warn him. If he doesn't act like you have demanded. You may attack.
    4. If an player robs you.
    5. If an player RDMs you.
    6. Use common sense, not making an scenario out of nothing and for no reason.

2. No racism, Do not make declarations of somone that could offend them in any chat. Global, local, or admin chat.
3. Respect everyone, admins and most important. The players. This helps to keep a healthy playerbase.
4. No avoiding punishment, this means if you are caught in the act of breaking a rule. You logout for instance. Any kind of avoiding is punishable. This will be punished harshly.
5. No combat logging, if you miss-use the the saving script that our server has. by logging out when you get attacked in any sort you will be punished.

The rest of the rules you can find on our website:
http://www.pw-oasis.com !

sdFNfDO.png
Oasis has many features. Some are already implemented and some are currently being developed.
At the moment we feature:
- Unique Leveling System
- Unique, advanced logs
- Unique reward for leveling up in the server. 1, you can gain money each level you gain (level x 500 denars) 2, you earn Armour Coins (AC) which you can spend on armour on the website, trust me. It isn't overpowered but it gives a nice little boost :smile:

Features that are going to be implemented:
- Lottery system
- PIN system, so you can manage your account (serves as password which will be displayed in-game when you join)
and can appeal bans right out from your account - No extensive typing when making an appeal.

Much to come which we arn't revealing yet!

Like we already said, the server is about having fun and roleplaying as much as we can.
It's all about roleplaying in this module and we want to encourage it.
We've built a costom map and scripts to further adhance roleplay.
Roleplay isn't nesecary but is recomended.

F8uIsmY.png
Information about current map:
Name: Great Hills
Map size: 948 KB
Factions: 9 (Including Town Watch)
High attention to detail in this map. The map is built to encourage Roleplay. Only a few cavalry spots that could be used for lancing (2/3 spots),
Archer is encouraged in this map, aswell as training as a sergeant.
Town Watch may kill bandits only in cities on sight. Bandits may kill the Town Watch on sight. But both parties mustn't harm any other player not belongen to either the Town Watch, or the Outlaws.

Overhead view (bird's view):
Uwmfp6U.jpg

mlFzacM.png
http://www.pw-oasis.com
TeamSpeak
ts.pw-oasis.com
PW server name:
EU_Oasis

zTcRnsq.png
The staff team:

- SO_Conner (Active)
- SO_Style (Active)