[EU/NA]Oasis Hosting - Biggest Mount & Blade Warband Server Host! - 15% off

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm the owner of the Calradian_RolePlay (CRP) i've been a server owner for about a year previously and here's my opinion of Oasis Hosting.

The response time was probably the best I've ever had, he spoke me at 6am as soon as he woke up, I told him my issue he got back to me explaining the situation clearly before telling me instantly how I can fix the issue, he was patient and professional the entire time and i'm very glad I picked him and I encourage the rest of you to do the same.

- Super helpful
- Nice Guy
- Fast Response Time
- Solid Server.

We live in a "No Bump-Zone".  Post that your services are still offered or refresh what your rates are or come up something a little more creative in the future.  I believe in you.  :wink:  If there is nothing to talk about...well there is nothing to talk about.  Also please don't double post.

Thanks.

The Persistent World scripts which Oasis Hosting is offering are no longer provided/supported by me. Since ages not anymore.
They are an old set which has bugs and is broken. It has money glitch issues, ban issues, and name tag issues.

For example, if you put [] those brackets in your name and you get banned, you still can join back easily.
For example, if you deposit money and drop a money bag shortly before, you dupe money.
And other glitches...

I still do not understand why Oasis Hosting is offering it partly. Not my problem, but to make it clear, it is not mine updated and working scripts.
Just wanted to point out because Conner decided to **** talk Arctic Servers and me to customers of him. Like it would be "my" fault that the scripts are bugged, even tho, I'm not working with him anymore. Or how Oasis Hosting supreme power is better than Arctic Servers and stupid marketing tactics like that.

King Regards,
Meijk/Dominic from King Solutions.

Our new control panel has launched, alongside our new website! Any feedback is appriciated.

thread1.jpg

Support System
thread2.jpg

Easy Interface
thread3.jpg

Module Installer
Our ticket system means that our helpful and friendly staff are never more than a few clicks away. We'll always be there to help you through any issues with your server.
Our Interface was designed to be idiot-proof. We're confident that you'll be able to find all of your servers features. If not, you can just check our FAQ database!
We have all of the most popular mods available to be installed at the click of a button! Can't find one? Request it, or upload it via the FTP service!

domipoppe said:
The Persistent World scripts which Oasis Hosting is offering are no longer provided/supported by me. Since ages not anymore.
They are an old set which has bugs and is broken. It has money glitch issues, ban issues, and name tag issues.

For example, if you put [] those brackets in your name and you get banned, you still can join back easily.
For example, if you deposit money and drop a money bag shortly before, you dupe money.
And other glitches...

I still do not understand why Oasis Hosting is offering it partly. Not my problem, but to make it clear, it is not mine updated and working scripts.
Just wanted to point out because Conner decided to **** talk Arctic Servers and me to customers of him. Like it would be "my" fault that the scripts are bugged, even tho, I'm not working with him anymore. Or how Oasis Hosting supreme power is better than Arctic Servers and stupid marketing tactics like that.

King Regards,

Hey, thanks for taking the time to post this warning on our thread. Thankfully, the issues you've raised have been resolved by our migration to the open source scriptset Found Here. This means that most issues with the scripts are patched out, and also has the added benefit of being cheaper for our customers as they no longer have to pay the monthly rental fee. The costs are now reduced to a setup fee and web hosting charge should they choose to make use of those services.

As for the supposed "**** talking", I can't speak for every case but in my experience Conner only ever provides potential customers who request the information with a comparison of hardware between the hosts. In this case, his saying that our hardware is superior for Mount&Blade is justified when compared with the servers listed here (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=343236.0) and here (http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=31135.0), as taking into account location and specifications for that customer's needs they were.

If you have any issues with the way we do business, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We're always more than willing to take on board any feedback you may have. However, as is always the case, forming it as if you have been attacked while posting on a public forum is not the best way to go about it. We're both established, professional server hosts. We should contact each other like companies, not like the overly dramatic members of this community tend to.

Kind regards,

Althalus
Director, Oasis Hosting

althalus311 said:
domipoppe said:

And other glitches...

King Regards,

Hey, thanks for taking the time to post this warning on our thread. Thankfully, the issues you've raised have been resolved by our migration to the open source scriptset Found Here. This means that most issues with the scripts are patched out, and also has the added benefit of being cheaper for our customers as they no longer have to pay the monthly rental fee. The costs are now reduced to a setup fee and web hosting charge should they choose to make use of those services.

As for the supposed "**** talking", I can't speak for every case but in my experience Conner only ever provides potential customers who request the information with a comparison of hardware between the hosts. In this case, his saying that our hardware is superior for Mount&Blade is justified when compared with the servers listed here (https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=343236.0) and here (http://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=31135.0), as taking into account location and specifications for that customer's needs they were.

If you have any issues with the way we do business, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. We're always more than willing to take on board any feedback you may have. However, as is always the case, forming it as if you have been attacked while posting on a public forum is not the best way to go about it. We're both established, professional server hosts. We should contact each other like companies, not like the overly dramatic members of this community tend to.

Kind regards,

Althalus
Director, Oasis Hosting

You shouldn't be doing this. :smile:

Gishank said:
althalus311 said:
domipoppe said:

And other glitches...

King Regards,

Kind regards,

Althalus
Director, Oasis Hosting

You shouldn't be doing this. :smile:

The scripts are open source. The stipulation to their use is that the user is credited (he is, none of the credits in the code have been removed and he is credited in the information about the scripts on the website) and that no profit is made from their sale. We allow our users to have others install the scripts or to install them themselves, and the same is true of the hosting. We offer solutions to install and host the scripts for our customers should they choose to make use of these solutions, but we do not charge for the scripts themselves. The previous monthly script charge we had has been completely abolished. None of the terms of the open source scripts are violated. Can you explain then why we shouldn't be doing this?

You may not profit either directly or indirectly off of any of the work contained within this release. If you are a server provider and you wish to include the scriptset as part of your service offer, you must do so for free; you may not charge any fees to provide the scriptset, nor may you increase existing fees to include this item. You must also provide credit to DanyEle as the author of the scriptset, and provide a link to this Taleworld’s thread where people can acquire the scriptset.

You basically profit indirectly. More or less, it's against the rules which Gishank and DanyEle made.

"You may not charge any fees to provide the scriptset" -> You are charging 15€ to set them up.

Please stop referring to the scriptset as "open source"; it isn't an open-source release*.

Release Documentation said:
You may not profit either directly or indirectly off of any of the work contained within this release. If you are a server provider and you wish to include the scriptset as part of your service offer, you must do so for free; you may not charge any fees to provide the scriptset, nor may you increase existing fees to include this item. You must also provide credit to DanyEle as the author of the scriptset, and provide a link to the Taleworld’s thread where people can acquire this scriptset.

You are charging a setup fee for your service-users to be able to access and use the scriptset, which is in violation of the release terms. Even if the fee is optional (though your website doesn't make this very clear), it is still prohibited.

*It does however make use of an OSP, Chat Sanitisation, which was released by us.

When buying the "Setup PW Scripts" option on our website, you pay for the webserver / MySQL usage and traffic. The scripts are then loaded on free of charge. The € 15 fee simply covers the rent of said MySQL and webserver for ~ 4 months (€ 3,99 /month), the average life of a PW server, making it an attractive offer for our customers.

Again, this service is completely optional, and the customer can load the scripts onto his server at any time, without any restrictions, and connect his or her scripts to another webserver not operated by us.

The discussion on this thread is rather funny. It seems Connor, yet again, has his hands sticky with using content he doesn't necessarily have the rights to use in the way he's using it. I thought you maybe would have learnt by now.

Anyway, I'm not here to complaint. Some constructive feedback:
  • You may want to fix your home page for 21:9 monitors, it's not very professional looking, which might turn people away (https://gyazo.com/7487a30d265ee68df71db6a73e6fbef2). I gather you're using bootstrap for the page, so you probably want to put each row of points in a <div class="row"></div>, which should fix it.
  • Nice use / choice to use AdminLTE, it's a pretty solid and easy to edit for being a free admin panel, by AlmsaeedStudio. Though, I would hardly advertise that you built your panel from "ground up" as most of the good features in the panel that make it nice to use are not actually made by you. It doesn't take much to copy and paste from their documentation and then hook it up to your servers. One question, why are you using the boxed layout in it? Surely the fix or standard layout would work much better as it would make more use of your costumer's monitor(s).

Back
Top Bottom