EU Campaign II - Signup & discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Is it possible for two clans, to merge for this thing and build up a kingdom together with King and Queen? And some princes princesses? :grin:

What kind of number of players do you envisage being in each battle? Looks like it can change due to supply/advantage, but just a rough idea. Particularly siege battles tend to need a few more players.

OurGloriousLeader said:
What kind of number of players do you envisage being in each battle? Looks like it can change due to supply/advantage, but just a rough idea. Particularly siege battles tend to need a few more players.
You can always change the rules/maps.

I feel like sieges would work better in battle mode anyway to be honest.

Captain Lust said:
OurGloriousLeader said:
You can always change the rules/maps.

I feel like sieges would work better in battle mode anyway to be honest.

Yeah, definitely a limited number of lives at least (maybe one for defender two for attackers?)

Just want to know roughly what numbers a kingdom should expect to need, Wolfpack can field about 20-25 players per match but other clans are not so lucky.

OurGloriousLeader said:
10 v 10 is what we're looking at right now. Supporting an attacking/defending army increases this, probably to 12. We will most probably allow clans to join up under a single banner, to make sure we have enough participants that can field such amounts.

Sieges are likely to be done in Battle Mode. Probably with an extended timer compared to normal battles and possibly other changes too.

Folms said:
Wasn't complaining no need to be so defencive :razz:
Didn't mean to sound defensive, just saying explaining how this campaign got to be, in a bit of a silly way.

As for the sieges, we thought about doing them in battle mode but it might be a bit too hard for the attacker. We also thought about giving the attackers two lives (server side mod) but that might swing it the other way. Any suggestions or people wishing to play-test are most welcome!

Andrej1 said:
Is it possible for two clans, to merge for this thing and build up a kingdom together with King and Queen? And some princes princesses? :grin:
Sure, last time for example two clans ( IRC and CoR) banded up together in the campaign.

MaHuD said:
As for the sieges, we thought about doing them in battle mode but it might be a bit too hard for the attacker. We also thought about giving the attackers two lives (server side mod) but that might swing it the other way. Any suggestions or people wishing to play-test are most welcome!
I think you could balance single life sieges with map design.

MaHuD said:
Andrej1 said:
Sure, last time for example two clans ( IRC and CoR) banded up together in the campaign.
I think Andrej means like during the campaign, can two kingdoms join up and merge. I assume the answer is yes? Diplomacy is basically the point of this as far as I am aware. Any agreement you make outside of the rules, as long as you stick to the rules is pretty much fair game.

Also just want to drop these here as a reminder of how captainlust used to mess up IG in the original campaign:

Captain Lust said:
27 was held from the tyranny of Emporer Graven: (CoR 4-1 IG)

108346342-4.jpg
Captain Lust said:
Sorry if the image is slow to load. I forgot to compress it and just... bleh.

P.S. The next fights are scheduled for the 19th (tomorrow) and the 20th. Sorry for missing the deadline but we really want to help move this thing forward. Got a bit distracted by NPL admittedly.

MaHuD said:

On Wolfpack Siege we have 5 lives for defenders and infinite for attackers, with 80+ people this tends to make for some close victories on either side. For a smaller, more competitive version I think a single life for defenders will help balance the advantage - we could fiddle with the lives of attackers, or as lust says, balance with map design. Problem with the latter is that balancing with map design basically means more entrances or giving the attackers more cover, which would just lead to normal battle maps with admittedly more walls. Would be nice to retain the sense of a proper siege (for RP yo!)

CAN YOU TELL I'M QUITE EXCITED ABOUT SIEGES GUYS

Hm perhaps a Red Orchestra 2 system? Where the attacker has "3 waves" to respawn with. The captain needs to activate a wave, which causes all currently dead (of the attackers) to respawn and uses up 1 wave.
By waiting with the wave until everyone is dead, you get the most lives for the attackers, but "waving" earlier might mean that you can replenish your losses on the assault and push on (as oposed to being pushed back to the start)
This could also be done server side.

Excellent, I have added you two to the list and am keeping Wolfpack in my mind for testing. Thanks!

Progress on the wave system is going steadily, I am expecting to roll out a prototype later today. Once I have confirmed that it works as intended, I'll be contacting those that wish to test it to schedule a balance session.

edit:

With the help of Arch3r and The Dragon most of the server side script is done and a quick test with Arch3r and Stubbs showed that it worked. It will require a few more adjustments until it's ready to be playtested.
The map for the campaign has in all secrecy already made great jumps of progress last week and we hope to coordinate with the mapmaker and continue the awesome progress on it.

Additionally I will be sending out more specific requests  to the few sceners that showed their interest, so that we may also advance on that front.

As usual, if you have any suggestions or wish to help out in any way, feel free to leave a reply or message us in private.

Back
Top Bottom