OSP Code "Ethnic Troops" mini-mod

Users who are viewing this thread

I was trying to implement this nice feature via phyton but no matter what I do gives me error at the paragraph wich is just under the end of the code:
    merchant_face_1  =man_face_young_1
NameError: name 'man_face_young_1'  is not defined,    but I didn't touched that thing...do someone has a ideea how can I fix that???
Thanks!
PS I'm a noob when commes to moding :oops:

GabyTzu said:
I was trying to implement this nice feature via phyton but no matter what I do gives me error at the paragraph wich is just under the end of the code:
    merchant_face_1  =man_face_young_1
NameError: name 'man_face_young_1'  is not defined,    but I didn't touched that thing...do someone has a ideea how can I fix that???
You may not have touched that line, but you might have changed another earlier line which defines man_face_young_1, or even a line above that which hides it somehow, like commenting it out. Search for all occurrences of "man_face_young_1" in that file, making sure there is a line starting with it, then an equals sign, then a value (which "defines" the named variable), like this:
Code:
man_face_young_1 = 0x0000000400000001124000000020000000000000001c00800000000000000000

[[/quote]You may not have touched that line, but you might have changed another earlier line which defines man_face_young_1, or even a line above that which hides it somehow, like commenting it out. Search for all occurrences of "man_face_young_1" in that file, making sure there is a line starting with it, then an equals sign, then a value (which "defines" the named variable), like this:
Code:
man_face_young_1 = 0x0000000400000001124000000020000000000000001c00800000000000000000
[/quote]
Thanks for the answer I will try to fix it when I wil get some free time and my frustration has cooled down it always works better
Thanks again!
Got it working the problem was exactly what you pointed out

Al_Mansur said:
Having all Sarranids with black faces is really weird.
Fair point. When making this mini-mod, I had real problems setting up a range of faces for the Sarranids since you start getting weird effects like 'euro' faces with black skin, or 'black' faces with white skin... very weird. So I made the exec decision to just go with the Moors to give them a look distinct from the Khergits.

I'm also very happy to see that people are enjoying my mini-mods, and while I have had to take some time off M&B, I do plan to return soon with a couple more mini-mods I've been working on... so watch this space! :razz:

CutContent said:
Sarranids, black faces? Not all of Saladin's men where black. Sultan Saladin was not black himself and he lived in the deserts like the Sarranids

Yea he just used those as a placeholder to make them look unique from the others, with Iboltax's faces there are middle eastern faces in that pack, I used those instead..regenerated proper face codes using those faces.  Looks much better now, there are pics of it in my thread just click my sig to find them.

EDIT:

Here  -
sarr_2.jpg

sarr_5.jpg

Dawg of War said:
CutContent said:
Sarranids, black faces? Not all of Saladin's men where black. Sultan Saladin was not black himself and he lived in the deserts like the Sarranids

Yea he just used those as a placeholder to make them look unique from the others, with Iboltax's faces there are middle eastern faces in that pack, I used those instead..regenerated proper face codes using those faces.  Looks much better now, there are pics of it in my thread just click my sig to find them.

EDIT:

Here  -
sarr_2.jpg

sarr_5.jpg

the man in the left look perfect  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom