OSP Code "Ethnic Troops" mini-mod

Currently viewing this thread:

GabyTzu

Squire
Best answers
0
I was trying to implement this nice feature via phyton but no matter what I do gives me error at the paragraph wich is just under the end of the code:
    merchant_face_1  =man_face_young_1
NameError: name 'man_face_young_1'  is not defined,    but I didn't touched that thing...do someone has a ideea how can I fix that???
Thanks!
PS I'm a noob when commes to moding :oops:
 

Vornne

Count
M&BWBNWVC
Best answers
0
GabyTzu said:
I was trying to implement this nice feature via phyton but no matter what I do gives me error at the paragraph wich is just under the end of the code:
    merchant_face_1  =man_face_young_1
NameError: name 'man_face_young_1'  is not defined,    but I didn't touched that thing...do someone has a ideea how can I fix that???
You may not have touched that line, but you might have changed another earlier line which defines man_face_young_1, or even a line above that which hides it somehow, like commenting it out. Search for all occurrences of "man_face_young_1" in that file, making sure there is a line starting with it, then an equals sign, then a value (which "defines" the named variable), like this:
Code:
man_face_young_1 = 0x0000000400000001124000000020000000000000001c00800000000000000000
 

GabyTzu

Squire
Best answers
0
[[/quote]You may not have touched that line, but you might have changed another earlier line which defines man_face_young_1, or even a line above that which hides it somehow, like commenting it out. Search for all occurrences of "man_face_young_1" in that file, making sure there is a line starting with it, then an equals sign, then a value (which "defines" the named variable), like this:
Code:
man_face_young_1 = 0x0000000400000001124000000020000000000000001c00800000000000000000
[/quote]
Thanks for the answer I will try to fix it when I wil get some free time and my frustration has cooled down it always works better
Thanks again!
Got it working the problem was exactly what you pointed out
 

nemchenk

Recruit
Best answers
0
Al_Mansur said:
Having all Sarranids with black faces is really weird.
Fair point. When making this mini-mod, I had real problems setting up a range of faces for the Sarranids since you start getting weird effects like 'euro' faces with black skin, or 'black' faces with white skin... very weird. So I made the exec decision to just go with the Moors to give them a look distinct from the Khergits.

I'm also very happy to see that people are enjoying my mini-mods, and while I have had to take some time off M&B, I do plan to return soon with a couple more mini-mods I've been working on... so watch this space! :razz:
 

CutContent

Knight
M&B
Best answers
0
Sarranids, black faces? Not all of Saladin's men where black. Sultan Saladin was not black himself and he lived in the deserts like the Sarranids
 

Slate024

Master Knight
M&BWBWF&S
Best answers
0
CutContent said:
Sarranids, black faces? Not all of Saladin's men where black. Sultan Saladin was not black himself and he lived in the deserts like the Sarranids
Yea he just used those as a placeholder to make them look unique from the others, with Iboltax's faces there are middle eastern faces in that pack, I used those instead..regenerated proper face codes using those faces.  Looks much better now, there are pics of it in my thread just click my sig to find them.

EDIT:

Here  -
         
 

Alvian

Regular
Best answers
0
Dawg of War said:
CutContent said:
Sarranids, black faces? Not all of Saladin's men where black. Sultan Saladin was not black himself and he lived in the deserts like the Sarranids
Yea he just used those as a placeholder to make them look unique from the others, with Iboltax's faces there are middle eastern faces in that pack, I used those instead..regenerated proper face codes using those faces.  Looks much better now, there are pics of it in my thread just click my sig to find them.

EDIT:

Here  -
         
the man in the left look perfect  :grin: