Estimated release is now Q2/2022

Users who are viewing this thread

We are glad to be playing the game, it doesn't excuse it's shortcomings, broken and missing features though.

I've been waiting for bannerlord since the first rumors on the forums around 2010 or 2011 i think, believe me when i say i want badly the success of the game but that means fixing **** broken since release, adding missing features and releasing the damn think instead of keeping in EA forever, hopefully now that TW is back at the office their work will pick a better pacing.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm just hoping that we get some kind of progress update at this point.

It actually doesn't surprise me a console player would say this. Most console goers lack any sort of quality control demands when it comes to their games. So long as it runs, ship it off.
See now you are just making assumptions, I want to take part in early access, I don't want the game just straight up released without a test.
All I was saying is atleast you guys get to play it, even if it is EA.
At the moment all we have on console is warband with no dlcs and no updates.

I have played warband and with fire and sword on pc, Its just that my pc is not good enough to run bannerlord as its an older system.

In response to your comment, most pc players lack any sort of common respect.

See now you are just making assumptions, I want to take part in early access, I don't want the game just straight up released without a test.
All I was saying is atleast you guys get to play it, even if it is EA.
At the moment all we have on console is warband with no dlcs and no updates.

So let me get this straight.

I'm making assumptions, but in the same breath you go back to saying we should just be grateful we can play it (regardless of quality, hence you mentioning again it being in EA). Can you explain to me how that isn't you admitting quality doesn't matter right now, because we can play it?

I have played warband and with fire and sword on pc, Its just that my pc is not good enough to run bannerlord as its an older system.

You will need to be patient, it will happen. Once the PC platform has wrangled itself through the muck that the current game is, the port will come. At least by then it might be a good game and console players won't have to deal with the absolute comedy show it has been so far for the PC community.

In response to your comment, most pc players lack any sort of common respect.

I play on all platforms, but sure thing, it couldn't be that I'm just not so overtly attached to a platform that I could desire a sub-par piece of garbage and tell others they should be grateful they even have that garbage in the first place.

So let me get this straight.

I'm making assumptions, but in the same breath you go back to saying we should just be grateful we can play it (regardless of quality, hence you mentioning again it being in EA). Can you explain to me how that isn't you admitting quality doesn't matter right now, because we can play it?

You will need to be patient, it will happen. Once the PC platform has wrangled itself through the muck that the current game is, the port will come. At least by then it might be a good game and console players won't have to deal with the absolute comedy show it has been so far for the PC community.

I play on all platforms, but sure thing, it couldn't be that I'm just not so overtly attached to a platform that I could desire a sub-par piece of garbage and tell others they should be grateful they even have that garbage in the first place.
Ok I get your point but what I was trying to say, is I want the game to be polished just as much as everyone else, but after waiting 6+ years I would also like to try the game out in its current state just like you guys.
I would even take some actual news at this point but TW is constantly keeping us in the dark about the progress of the console version.

Also I'm not "overtly attached" I'm "financially attached" due to my current circumstances. There's a difference. I currently use a series S as I was able to trade in my older consoles for it.

I have played most platforms barring PlayStation as I simply do not like Sony products and their twisted policy's.

Imagine playing bannerlord without ever playing with mods, sorry console players
Same goes for a majority of game but tbh the mods I played for warband where typically either broke or extremely unbalanced. Although I did enjoy floris I think it was called.

Say what you want about console, but at least developers actually put a lot of effort in optimizing games for them, the same cannot be said about most PC games. Instead, the developers will trick you into thinking that you need a 3080 to play your games, despite the same games running fine on significantly worse hardware on console.
Just wanted to say, best be glad you can atleast play the game.
It's not worth playing at this present time, I'm probably not touching the game until it's "fully released". The whole cycle with updates and broken mods is just too much, and the game isn't in a good enough state to enjoy in vanilla.

Say what you want about console, but at least developers actually put a lot of effort in optimizing games for them, the same cannot be said about most PC games. Instead, the developers will trick you into thinking that you need a 3080 to play your games, despite the same games running fine on significantly worse hardware on console.

It's not worth playing at this present time, I'm probably not touching the game until it's "fully released". The whole cycle with updates and broken mods is just too much, and the game isn't in a good enough state to enjoy in vanilla.
Fair, I prefer consoles anyway tbh, I like being able to chill and play games, not constantly be sat at a desk.

Instead, the developers will trick you into thinking that you need a 3080
That's not a very fair comparison really, you don't NEED a 3080 to play basically any game unless you want to play them on max settings with a pretty high res monitor and refresh rate like 4k 144hz+, much older hardware will play them on the same standards of a console or better that usually just lowers graphics all around to be able to run a game at a minimally acceptable frame rate which you can do the same on PC with finer control over the settings.

I'm sure BL will run great on consoles once it's released there and with a few patches but i'm also freaking sure it won't be at max graphics and max battle size which i can run like a breeze in my almost 3y old PC.

Consoles are good for what they are, low budged plug&play gamming machines but at least in the current tech they'll never even get close to the same levels of a good pc.

Last edited:
Isn't that isolated, by only a handful of games? Or are you specifically talking about modifying the console to allow a greater range of modding capabilities?

The former, at least on Microsoft ones as Sony as rather a strict policy regarding mods.
If you take for instance Skyrim which is a highly moddable game, you can pretty much do whatever you want on Xbox One nearly equaling your experience on PC, minus maybe the graphical mods because of the hardware, on Playstation though the experience is rather harsh.
Then again the newer consoles are basically a small 2020-2021 PC, and Microsoft wants to provide the same experience on Xbox than on Windows ecosystem, so it's about time to see the boundaries dropping for good between Xbox and PC.

I don't care about Sony though, but MS is rather open-minded about that, it's good for console players honestly, given the devs can provide a good moddability experience to begin with.

The former, at least on Microsoft ones as Sony as rather a strict policy regarding mods.
If you take for instance Skyrim which is a highly moddable game, you can pretty much do whatever you want on Xbox One nearly equaling your experience on PC, minus maybe the graphical mods because of the hardware, on Playstation though the experience is rather harsh.
Then again the newer consoles are basically a small 2020-2021 PC, and Microsoft wants to provide the same experience on Xbox than on Windows ecosystem, so it's about time to see the boundaries dropping for good between Xbox and PC.

I don't care about Sony though, but MS is rather open-minded about that, it's good for console players honestly, given the devs can provide a good moddability experience to begin with.

I didn't know that. I thought only Skyrim was offering that capability. That's really cool. Hopefully it becomes more a supported feature in later consoles, can really help drive the re-playability of a lot of games.

Console games do not have better optimization efforts than PC games. It's just completely untrue. They don't have to try on them because the accepted performance until PS5/Xbox S (whatever the new one is) has always been 30 fps. Even though most of the console games struggle to achieve 60fps and optimizations that remove stuttering, graphical artifacts, and other bugs (such as quests, NPCs).

Back
Top Bottom