Estimated release is now Q2/2022

Users who are viewing this thread

I actually it was announced in 2012 because of copyright issues with paradox. They started pre-production after that year. Currently, this version of the game is in development for 4 years. This is at least 3rd version of the game. They completely erased other versions (maybe not completely but some big part of the game). They still poorly managed the development (organization stuff).
Where are you getting this info? I'd love to see a source because from everything I've seen and read this is complete bs. I may have missed something so if you can prove me wrong then please do so.

TW should spend as much time on this game as it needs.
This game needed a 4 year development span at best. At this point it is very much a source of schadenfreude.

The failure is simply impressive, fascinating really. It is one of those things like the Hindenburg disaster or the battle of Teutoburg forest, documentary worthy.

This game needed a 4 year development span at best. At this point it is very much a source of schadenfreude.

The failure is simply impressive, fascinating really. It is one of those things like the Hindenburg disaster or the battle of Teutoburg forest, documentary worthy.
There isn't an eye roll emote big enough... :rolleyes:

Where are you getting this info? I'd love to see a source because from everything I've seen and read this is complete bs. I may have missed something so if you can prove me wrong then please do so.
They've significantly rewrote parts of the engine twice, which for low-information fans translates to "they deleted everything and started from scratch twice".

They've significantly rewrote parts of the engine twice, which for low-information fans translates to "they deleted everything and started from scratch twice".
Where does the "twice" thing come from? Other than the switch to PBR (which is actually a surprisingly small amount of code), what other major changes were made to the engine?
Yeah I keep hearing this story over and over but so far no one has presented one shred of proof that the game was restarted 2x or had significant changes besides PBR. Maybe I'm missing something but to me it seems like people are making mountains out of molehills, again I'd love to be proven wrong. Are there any devs that could chime in on this @Dejan, @Callum, @Duh_TaleWorlds, @SadShogun anyone?

No idea, I joined in 2019. I will say that the engine (like in many living projects) is continuously evolving. So depending on your definition of major it's been improved thousands of times. Obviously, the same goes for the actual game code.

To cover another point some folks like to make - "100+ developers for a decade, MY WORD!" The company didn't even have 100 people when i joined. I wasn't there, but I would wager back in 2012 it was a little over a dozen folks, some of which were probably still looking at Warband (remember several DLC, even with external partners, require some involvement, same goes for console releases). Similarly, "working on the game" is such a hugely vague concept. I write design pitches in my free time and build little unity games cuz it's fun. If I ever release one of these in 20 years time, does it make them the longest developed game in the world? Finally, the previous, public break down of the teams is a pretty clear indication that not everyone is working on adding features / content to the game (management, testing, support, etc.) but are nonetheless essential parts of the company.

TLDR: These metrics are largely pointless, because they do not give you any real insight on what happened when.

Where does the "twice" thing come from? Other than the switch to PBR (which is actually a surprisingly small amount of code), what other major changes were made to the engine?
One is the PBR stuff, the second comes from an earlier Armagan statement (can't be assed to look for it, I only remember that he said "we've learned our lessons out of this" and that a lead engine developer possibly left). So both come from Taleworlds statements and not idle conspiracy theories. If they thought it was significant, it probably was.

Yeah, my fault i forgot about it because i never clicked on it because it's f.....cking useless.

Sorry no offense @fanugi
None taken. I would like it if this question simply let me ask the possible location of someone instead of having to go through the encyclopedia. I think that is what was done in Warband, oh glorious Warband.

Last edited:
No idea, I joined in 2019. I will say that the engine (like in all living projects) is continuously evolving. So depending on your definition of major it's been improved thousands of times. Obviously, the same goes for the actual game code.
Fair enough, I kind of suspected something like this. But people keep saying things like TW had to redo the engine "x" number of times and I'm just trying to figure out wtf they are talking about because I've never actually heard a dev from TW say something like that. But I don't see everything that comes from TW.
To cover another point some folks like to make - "100+ developers for a decade, MY WORD!" The company didn't even have 100 people when i joined. I wasn't there, but I would wager back in 2012 it was a little over a dozen folks, some of which were probably still looking at Warband (remember several DLC, even with external partners, require some involvement, same goes for console releases). Similarly, "working on the game" is such a hugely vague concept. I write design pitches in my free time and build little unity games cuz it's fun. If I ever release one of these in 20 years time, does it make them the longest developed game in the world? Finally, the previous, public break down of the teams is a pretty clear indication that not everyone is working on adding features / content to the game (management, testing, support, etc.) but are nonetheless essential parts of the company.

TLDR: These metrics are largely pointless, because they do not give you any real insight on what happened when.
Interesting info, btw how many actual developers does TW have? If you make one I'd probably buy it because Floris is one of my favorite Warband mods.

One is the PBR stuff, the second comes from an earlier Armagan statement (can't be assed to look for it, I only remember that he said "we've learned our lessons out of this" and that a lead engine developer possibly left). So both come from Taleworlds statements and not idle conspiracy theories. If they thought it was significant, it probably was.
Interesting I can't remember that statement from Armagan, but you could spend years trying to sift through all the info for this game and still not find it all, thanks.

They have a decent game here that needs a lot more polish. We already know they don't move fast -- it's been made clear. So let them take another nine months to get it right. Personally I'd like to see some stability in the code base so modders can come out and build on top of it.

Just wanted to say, best be glad you can atleast play the game.
I've been waiting for console release/ early access news going on 6 years and we have had nothing but dodged questions.

I've watched a good chunk of gameplay and I would love to play the game in its current condition but I can't and that's the most jarring thing for me, seeing pc players play the game for well over a year and still not having any real news for console release.

I've been waiting for console release/ early access news going on 6 years and we have had nothing but dodged questions.

I've watched a good chunk of gameplay and I would love to play the game in its current condition but I can't and that's the most jarring thing for me, seeing pc players play the game for well over a year and still not having any real news for console release.
Your agricultural console lifestyle is not a fate, just get a sensibly priced RGB lightshow box and play all the unfinished games you want.

We are glad to be playing the game, it doesn't excuse it's shortcomings, broken and missing features though.

I've been waiting for bannerlord since the first rumors on the forums around 2010 or 2011 i think, believe me when i say i want badly the success of the game but that means fixing **** broken since release, adding missing features and releasing the damn think instead of keeping in EA forever, hopefully now that TW is back at the office their work will pick a better pacing.

It actually doesn't surprise me a console player would say this. Most console goers lack any sort of quality control demands when it comes to their games. So long as it runs, ship it off.

Your agricultural console lifestyle is not a fate, just get a sensibly priced RGB lightshow box and play all the unfinished games you want.
Yeah I would but it wouldn't last as long as my console, plus I got the series S so I pretty much got it for free through trading in my other unused consoles.

Back
Top Bottom