Estimated release is now Q2/2022

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd rather have a polished delayed game then a rushed messy game. If it takes another year for them to feel that the game is ready to release then I'll be fine with it. However, if they choose to delay the game further then they should release Custom Servers earlier as well.

And, at this point, I'd rather then not give concrete dates on what is going to come then give them. It just means another promise that may have to be broken, so they'll just let us know when it is ready. This, as I see it, was more of a confirmation of features that will be new to Bannerlord.

I just hope we get some more features and mechanics and troops revisions/enhancements. If it's 10 months more just putting in trees....... well.
The order of battle stuff and Clan mates into lords can't get here soon enough!?

Imagine going back in time and telling your 2014 self that Bannerlord's release date is 2022.

Them delaying it and presumably delaying it even more after that is whatever for me. This game is clearly nowhere near complete, and for the game to become what we were hoping it would be would probably take another 10 years at this pace. I'm fine with them working on it more, instead of just throwing their arms up and saying "the modders will fix development for us", even though that'll still eventually be the case. Truly if the blade that was broken is to be renewed, and the crownless again King, it shall be by the hands of modders, not this fool of a Took management.

Meh...

I treat it as a permanently iterating game at this point rather than a game that will be released. I played Minecraft when I was a student and it's now iterating for my kids... endless iterations bring new excitement each time something new pops up.

For one thing, the custom servers for the MP guys are tied to the release date. These guys are getting screwed by postponements (well, modders are also slightly screwed by endless development), the rest of us can wait indeed.

Exactly what pops out of the whole announcement.
Kind of expected, considering the ongoing uncertainty of Taleworlds finishing tasks they have given themselves. In a professional world this is unacceptable. In the semi-pro game dev world they should give at least a rough estimate written in their roadmap. After they make a proper roadmap with colored squares or something easier to read than an outdated list.

I find it funny to put these into perspectives while CD Projekt RED just spent 40mins bragging about a new car, how tedious programming a game was, a new skin for a character, and two items. 9 months after the relative disaster they dropped in 2020, with a giant smoke screen in between.
And they were supposed to hype the people around that I guess.

They already released the game as a half-finished utter mess except that the modding tools are too broken for anyone to fix anything.
That tends to be what games are like in EA. What matters now is TW actually finishing the game, and more time to do that is needed. That, coupled with the fact that they are now returning to the offices may see a speed up in development time, however we will just have to wait and see if that actually happens.

I don't mind the game being in early access for a long period. They should take their time with this game. Make it good before releasing it to the wolves.
Encroaching 12 years of development, I too feel they should keep going for at least another decade, then the game would be really good.
I don't understand why people are getting upset or critical about missed targets? You can play the game right now. Better to let them take their time and release a very good game.
An incomplete shell of a game compared to what we were promised, a shell of game compared to it's predecessor.

All they had to do was make Warband with better graphics, that was it.
Release a very good game? Lol. If I make a guess, only a handful of people still expecting something "good" from Taleworlds after this empty 8 year of development + 1.5 year early access.
I see this get repeated frequently but development actually started in 2010 right after Warband was released, so by the time early late access hit it was officially the 10th year of development. We are officially barreling towards 12 years in development at this time. They just announced the game to the media in 2012.

TW Press Release where they mention starting in 2010.
Dev Blog with someone hired specifically to work on Bannerlord in 2010.
Yup, to me they can delay as long as they want if it means they'll keep working and improving the game.

The current version is still missing things while others need improvements, forcing a release earlier would just mean no more big improvements and i'm sure no one wants that.
A lot of features they are planning to add already exist with mods, but are broke with every single patch by TaleWorlds, some never to return due to the workload forced on them to keep it working. The best thing that could happen to this game at this point is for TaleWorlds to stop development on the game itself and just work on modding tools.

Last edited:
I actually it was announced in 2012 because of copyright issues with paradox. They started pre-production after that year. Currently, this version of the game is in development for 4 years. This is at least 3rd version of the game. They completely erased other versions (maybe not completely but some big part of the game).
That goes against what the developers themselves have actually said:

TW Press Release where they mention starting immediately after Warband was released in 2010.
Dev Blog with someone hired specifically to work on Bannerlord in 2010.
I´m not a modder but isn´t this just some XML stuff? Like creating some templates that AI lords will use for recruiting / upgrading troops? At least to me it doesn´t sound like this should take a lof work to add it to the game, I could be wrong though.

Criminal empire stuff was scrapped a long time ago as far as I know. Even before EA release.
Pretty much, a vast majority of the stuff we will not see for another 6 to 7 months is already a mod.

The party templates XML use to be more determinative of party composition in earlier versions of the game but they have changed how it works and it has much less impact. Mostly because when AI lords respawn they do so with fewer troops, and that is when that template is predominantly used.

One of the first things I modded personally with this game was using ATC to give each culture unique party compositions with vanilla units so there were not armies of 50% archers everywhere. Today I do so with CEK, CA Eagle Rising factions and I have achieved an extraordinarily ordinary difference in composition faction to faction that is apparently unachievable in under a decade by a team of over a hundred, Adonnay and I must be gods. /sarcasm
I would love if they just gave a few of their most senior developers full permission to add whatever they think will be cool, imagine 2-3 full time Bloc adding stuff like proper vassal system, minor factions settlements, perhaps re-instate the old upgradeable villages and so forth.
This. The top management behind this game is holding it back.

Last edited:
I don't care whether they call it Early Access or Release. What matters to me is getting fixes, improvements and new features. I doubt that approaching release date will speed anything it up. And if calling it Early Access means that they will keep on working on it for longer, I'm fine with them extending it until Mount&Blade 3 if they decide to continue the series.

I don't care whether they call it Early Access or Release. What matters to me is getting fixes, improvements and new features. I doubt that approaching release date will speed anything it up. And if calling it Early Access means that they will keep on working on it for longer, I'm fine with them extending it until Mount&Blade 3 if they decide to continue the series.
Release windows mean nothing to them as we have seen time and time again, and it really seems as though they cannot work at a faster pace, so it will go on for years more without any doubt.

At some point in Bannerlord "Early Access" they'll start calling it Mount and Blade 3, just give it time and more release postponements. The Mount and Blade games will simply morph into the next version over the decades. You'll notice this when in three years they'll ask you to buy the next patch.

I actually it was announced in 2012 because of copyright issues with paradox. They started pre-production after that year. Currently, this version of the game is in development for 4 years. This is at least 3rd version of the game. They completely erased other versions (maybe not completely but some big part of the game). They still poorly managed the development (organization stuff).

This is completely untrue, where did you get this idea from?

Release windows mean nothing to them as we have seen time and time again, and it really seems as though they cannot work at a faster pace, so it will go on for years more without any doubt.
'Shrug' what difference does it make? Whether the game is EA or not is merely a title. TW should spend as much time on this game as it needs.

You can just play the game right now, I mean do some battles because that´s all you do as it seems.

Such bad effort. "You stoopid."

I find it funny to put these into perspectives while CD Projekt RED just spent 40mins bragging about a new car, how tedious programming a game was, a new skin for a character, and two items. 9 months after the relative disaster they dropped in 2020, with a giant smoke screen in between.
And they were supposed to hype the people around that I guess.

And while the Dev talks about bugfixing, an onscreen NPC T-poses. Classic.

I dont play CyberPunk, I just watch the fire and thank the lucky stars that TW isn't CDPR. I mean, TW isn't a saint, but its a considerable younger company doing considerable better.

Back
Top Bottom