Estimated release is now Q2/2022

Users who are viewing this thread

For one thing, the custom servers for the MP guys are tied to the release date. These guys are getting screwed by postponements (well, modders are also slightly screwed by endless development), the rest of us can wait indeed.
You make a fair point. Modders and Custom MP need a release. But there is no certainty that there will be stability even after the release. There may be future DLC's and patches for years to come after release.

They mentioned they planned to release it in Q4 2021, however, based on them releasing it in December (as I'm sure they would, they need all that time in the world after all!), June (which, again, I'm sure they will push the envelope to the very least) is 6 months from then, that's what I meant by a 6 month bumpback, not from today. Not that we don't deserve it today, just based on TW's own clownery.
Makes sense.

You make a fair point. Modders and Custom MP need a release. But there is no certainty that there will be stability even after the release. There may be future DLC's and patches for years to come after release.
Sure they keep fixing bugs (at least I hope) and we´ll get like 2-3 small DLCs because it´s like free money for TW with the copies they sold and players like you. You could be able to ride an elephant into battle "soon" for just like 9,99$. Or for free with some mods if this is doable.

So in your opinion it would be better to never release the game or I don´t understand what you´re trying to say. I mean you´re not interested in much but battles. Open field battles are the best thing that this game has to offer right now.

Which is an absolute shame. I don't see why TW doesn't just release the private servers to a few select modders, allow them to test them and HELP OUT WITH THE WHOLE IDEA OF EARLY ACCESS? Did anyone think about this? I mean, to be honest, I don't know how well it would be enforced for the modders to keep to themselves and not share the source code, but if they signed some legal document, I'm sure things would work out well?

C'mon just give it to me, what is false with my statement ?
He is actually referring to the "test" dialog in conversation with the lords.
Means he agrees with your statement.
The steam page also still says that this game will be in EA for around a year. But of course you could still argue that 2,5 years is still something around 1 year.

That´s not worth anything. I don´t expect any improvement to the bandit gameplay which is non existent at the moment.

:wink:
You are right, I never really believed they would meet their deadline...
There are already some good criminal stuff in the vanilla code and the steam description made me think it was actually happening...

There are already some good criminal stuff in the vanilla code and the steam description made me think it was actually happening...
Nothing but left overs from the past when TW had a great and awesome vision about Bannerlord.

It´s the same with the upgradable workshops (bandit gameplay would be the bigger feature of course), I´ve asked about this in like 3-4 different threads, never received any answer to this. Guess it´s also scrapped.

Sometimes I still think about the Bannerlord game that was advertised back then (I know that TW already said before the EA release that feature X won´t be in the game anymore), oh boy....what a game they could have made. A game like Half Life back then or Warcraft (not World of Warcraft). But they choosed the easy way, even with enough money in their pockets (EA bannerlord sales were good, really good).

He is actually referring to the "test" dialog in conversation with the lords.
Means he agrees with your statement.

You are right, I never really believed they would meet their deadline...
Yeah, my fault i forgot about it because i never clicked on it because it's f.....cking useless.

Sorry no offense @fanugi

For me, the best news in this whole statement is that they're finally going back into the office. Hopefully that helps them pick up the pace a little bit and maybe all get on the same page as far as the overall vision of the game.

It´s the same with the upgradable workshops (bandit gameplay would be the bigger feature of course), I´ve asked about this in like 3-4 different threads, never received any answer to this. Guess it´s also scrapped.
I think that's still going to happen, the UI for workshops has a "Level: 1". What's the point of building that into the UI unless they plan to at some point implementing upgradeable workshops? I think it's a relatively recent change as well.

I think that's still going to happen, the UI for workshops has a "Level: 1". What's the point of building that into the UI unless they plan to at some point implementing upgradeable workshops? I think it's a relatively recent change as well.
I have not heard anything about this feature since EA release. But maybe I just missed any information about this? There is also nothing in the dev blog about it or?

Also there was some perk about placing troops before the battle starts in the UI, you already forgot all the placerholder stuff back then? :wink:

I know that we get this feature "soon" but without needing a perk.

I think they just forgot to remove the lvl 1 from the UI, I mean they even forgot to change their EA description. Just imagine beeing some guy browsing Steam games, never heard about Bannerlord / Warband and you see this game and think "Wow, sounds good and must be released soon according to this descripiton!". And the reviews are also positive!

I would have changed the description a long time ago, the "around 1 year" is misleading since 6 months...

And I don´t think that they still have anything left in their sleeve which isn´t announced yet.

Last edited:
I would love if they just gave a few of their most senior developers full permission to add whatever they think will be cool, imagine 2-3 full time Bloc adding stuff like proper vassal system, minor factions settlements, perhaps re-instate the old upgradeable villages and so forth.

As for the extra development time, I'm okay with it if it means they'll add more content than they originally envisioned. If it's just because they're slower than expected then that's very dissapointing!

I have not heard anything about this feature since EA release. But maybe I just missed any information about this? There is also nothing in the dev blog about it or?
I may be wrong on this. Last we heard about workshops was with mex back in Jan and he only discussed adding an inventory.

And I don´t think that they still have anything left in their sleeve which isn´t announced yet.
Eh I hope™ they'll continue to add minor suggestions from here that make sense.

Last edited:
Hopefully Taleworlds will fix the siege AI before the 2022 release.
At the moment the AI is an idiot
Still smarter than those waiting for it to be fixed. :smile:

I don't think they'll ever fully address the siege/combat AI issues regarding individual troop behaviour, it's likely they are in some sort of performance vs. cleverness dilemma. (Hint: performance wins every time as it's a sacred priority.)

Hmm which feature do we get next? Regions, make companions into nobles, banners / battle order system? Siege fix? Not sure for me.

Maybe I haven´t noticed it but it only says what we´ll get but not which feature might be the next one with 1.6.2. And we we´re also aware about all of that or?
They deliberately don't say what is going to be in the next patch. Duh mentioned it somewhere, I'll try to track down the quote.
edit: found it
It is standard that we don't share details of upcoming patches before they release.

That's been there since release.

Last edited:
That's been there since release.
giphy.gif

I'm not really surprised, it's definitely expected :/.

But one thing I'm going to say, it's a bit off topic: it's a totally different game and company, sure, but I loved Dragon's Dogma. It's a 2012 game and I've been yearning for a sequel. There was an MMO 4 years ago that was shut down. There was leaks about a sequel a year ago and that seems be all the information I have (seems to have an estimated date of 2022/2023), and well if it ends up coming out before Bannerlord goes full release, I'm going to laugh really hard.

Back
Top Bottom