Estimated release is now Q2/2022

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, we want to be up-front at this point by saying that early access will continue on into next year, with our current estimate for the full release being Q2 2022. We are fairly confident that we will hit that target, however, if we feel the game still isn’t ready at that point, then we will delay the release. As for platforms, we can confirm that the game will be coming to consoles, however, we are unable to share any further details on this just yet.

@TW

Just an free advise, maybe reflect that in your Steam description which still says:
“While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year.
My bet is now on Q4/2022.

Last edited:
My biggest issue is that there is no ETA for any feature.

Not even something like region maps might be ready Q4/2021 or something like that. No commitment at all.

Also a feature like making your companions into nobles is not a big deal as TW might think. Don´t get me wrong, it´s great. But should have been in the game since March 2020. Seems like that those are TWs last shots, I wouldn´t expect anything that isn´t mentioned in this dev blog.

Also a feature like making your companions into nobles is not a big deal as TW might think. Don´t get me wrong, it´s great. But should have been in the game since March 2020
That so called "new feature" was already in M&B Warband, 11 years old game. Taleworlds still doing the same thing: saying these kind of "features" as new, even though they were already inside the game they released 11 year ago. Also I'm pretty sure that the game won't relased until 2023, if you think what Taleworlds said about "relase date" during these 10 years of development its pretty clear that they're going to miss that 2022 target, again.

I don't understand why people are getting upset or critical about missed targets? You can play the game right now. Better to let them take their time and release a very good game.

Release a very good game? Lol. If I make a guess, only a handful of people still expecting something "good" from Taleworlds after this empty 8 year of development + 1.5 year early access.

I don't understand why people are getting upset or critical about missed targets? You can play the game right now. Better to let them take their time and release a very good game.
You are not necassary in this discussion if there is nothing you have to say. You can just play the game right now, I mean do some battles because that´s all you do as it seems.

And they don´t take more time to make a very good game but to fix the game they have released. That´s a difference.

I don't know if you're playing the same game as me (last time played months ago), but there is really nothing to do in this game except of war. They're always realizing some features that are already in Warband and not really something exciting. So after over 400 hours i don't really see a reason to play this game. I am just waiting for new mods and total overhauls.

For one thing, the custom servers for the MP guys are tied to the release date. These guys are getting screwed by postponements (well, modders are also slightly screwed by endless development), the rest of us can wait indeed.

Not even something like region maps might be ready Q4/2021 or something like that. No commitment at all.
Exactly what pops out of the whole announcement.
Kind of expected, considering the ongoing uncertainty of Taleworlds finishing tasks they have given themselves. In a professional world this is unacceptable. In the semi-pro game dev world they should give at least a rough estimate written in their roadmap. After they make a proper roadmap with colored squares or something easier to read than an outdated list.

You understand the game was announced in 2012 which means it was probably in started preproduction months before that so it's been in development for at least 9 years. The pace isn't slow, it's ****ing glacial. There are mmo's that have taken half that time to develop.

Careful now! You don't want to throw that word around all willy-nilly. ?
giphy.gif

I have not problems at all with TW delaying the release, it is actually a good thing if this means more additions/features, further AI improvements, and balancing.

I have not problems at all with TW delaying the release, it is actually a good thing if this means more additions/features, further AI improvements, and balancing.
Yup, to me they can delay as long as they want if it means they'll keep working and improving the game.

The current version is still missing things while others need improvements, forcing a release earlier would just mean no more big improvements and i'm sure no one wants that.

Yup, to me they can delay as long as they want if it means they'll keep working and improving the game.

BHuFhzY.gif

In my opinion they should do everything they can (like stop delevoping their space game / console port) and use every ressource they have on Bannerlord. After Bannerlord is finished they can port it to consoles and keep developing their space game or do whatever they want.

I´ve have no proof or anything but it could be that they use their ressources like:

50% Bannerlord PC
40% Console Port
10% Space Game

At least for me it feels like this way because of their slow pace. There is like 1 major feature added each 2-3 months.

Last edited:
BHuFhzY.gif

In my opinion they should do everything they can (like stop delevoping their space game / console port) and use every ressource they have on Bannerlord. After Bannerlord is finished they can port it to consoles and keep developing their space game or do whatever they want.

If have no proof or anything but it could be that they use their ressources like:

50% Bannerlord PC
40% Console Port
10% Space Game

At least for me it feels like this way because of their slow pace. There is like 1 major feature added each 2-3 months.
It won't change anything. They will never add the features that are really important.

Also a feature like making your companions into nobles is not a big deal as TW might think. Don´t get me wrong, it´s great. But should have been in the game since March 2020. Seems like that those are TWs last shots, I wouldn´t expect anything that isn´t mentioned in this dev blog.
You've been around long enough to know they almost never give official ETAs for anything. Hell, we went like four years without a release date.

Back
Top Bottom