Estimated release date

Users who are viewing this thread

jjpwner89

Recruit
Let me start out by saying this is one of my favorite mods. But, I have noticed that we haven't had an update in over three years. I know that real life can get in the way quite often I don't mean to pressure anyone to release early but, I would just like to know where you are with this, computica. As I would love to get my hands on the new version of this fantastic mod. So if I may ask do you have any expected release dates for the mod.

No, there is no release date.

Couple things have more or less stopped development at the moment.

1. We are waiting on the latest source code to be released for the updated version of warband. (No idea when that will be)

2. Computica's laptop is more or less dead, so he is unable to effectively work on the mod. He is currently saving up to build a new rig.

We do however still remain passionate for the mod, and we whole heartedly believe that a new version will come, one day.

jjpwner89 said:
Thank you for responding and good luck with the mod. Definitely one of the best I've ever played
Thanks I'm gonna be working a lot for most of the 1st & 2nd quarter of 2015. I haven't started buying the parts for my computer just yet, I'm waiting to see what new tech comes out in March. I will start modding again in Q3 2015 when my computer is built.

Have you ever considered accepting donations?
When Frenchie-Subs (fansubbing group) hdd crashed, people offered donating him money to continue translating anime. He agreed and quickly was able to buy a new one.
Considering the popularity and high quality of SoD, it might be possible to achieve that as well.

We had discussed the idea a few times around donations for getting compy a new computer, and we kind of back and forthed on the idea of is it a good/bad one.

We somewhat settled I think on the side of a bad idea, jsut because there has not been a release in such a long time.

We did think about trying to get a new 'skeleton' demo made, that would show case the new direction/mechanics/capabilities of the next version, but the task was too big to get done 'now' and with waiting for a release of the latest updated source code, and the more or less toatl demise of compy's laptop.

I think compy settled on not asking. Also now his spare time is being taking up getting a new qualification.

One fun idea might be starting a new poll asking "Would you donate to SOD?" Just to see what the reaction would be. :grin:

Hmm, I'm curious about that as well. I'm still working as much as I can plus I'm in the works of starting a 2nd job. You all should some updates from me on the pc building progress before the end of March.

Back
Top Bottom