Native Completed [ESSC III] 2x2 - Tournament over! - Congratulations to Gibby & Arni

Users who are viewing this thread

Tournament is now over, thanks to everyone for taking part - Congratulations to Arni & Gibby, commiserations to Maximou and Peter, huge effort by both teams!

Through the course of the tournament, a total of 108 results were gathered. Out of those 108 games, 85 were played while 23 were either randomised, or defaulted for one of the sides.

You can consult your personal placement
https://challonge.com/es/Esscthree
Just click on 'show complete results' above bracket.

It was a double elimination format with an unexpected high amount of participants that we achieved to complete in a gap of 56 days since the first match was played. So thanks once again for the huge commitment by everyone who signed up to stay on pace with the demanding schedulle and multiple matches played sometimes in tighter periods of time.

Appreciate aswell everyone who helped deliver the tournament by allowing players to use their servers(Bullez, CCC) and to Streamers/Recorders that included majorly players aswell.
Huge thanks to Apollo designing both the logo and the medals, setting up a huge visual improvement compared to previous edtiions.

188955c6f02cfc74c467fdcd4fff688c.png

Congratulations to Arni & Gibby, achieving first place in a melee tournament once again proving one more time their consistency in this type of tournaments. Even if people is used to see you on this spot, huge effort this time, you managed to reach that first spot after a really close last game against Peter & Maximou, two insane players that brought you to your edge. Enjoy your deserved win!

29f0961783358ee9b7a400e4c2301375.png

The french men came to this tournament as a really strong team and contenders for the win. However other players tend to forget that despite their past and duellist activity through the years, we're speaking of a main cavalry and archer players, this adds huge weight and deserves a huge praise after such a performance. Commiserations another time, you brought the closest result possible after a draw, providing really exciting finals that almost came to a really hyped-up tiebreaker. All of this after winning 3rd place, which was another really strong team, so be proud of your performance despite the outcome and well played Peter & Maximou!

1aec1186b33e98a2a222d172f9ccda58.png

3rd Place comes to Brian & Fietta. It's well known that 3rd place is not the desired spot for any of the contenders when entering a contested competitive tournament. However, considering the amount of sign ups and high level opponents on this edition, we can safely affirm that it took a really smooth performance to secure in such a comfortable way a spot in top 3 on this tournament. Winning duos that in the past got really good placements shouldn't ever be ignored, while not guarding yourselves down against players who in paper aren't that threatning in your eyes. All that domination while providing a good challenge on lower bracket to Maximou & Peter to try and reach a comeback chance against the 1st place who previously knocked you to lower bracket. Was close enough, again, well played and congratulations for Bronze!

Guess it was the last melee tournament unless that someones opens up some sign up thread for january, to start another melee tournament which would be either duel or 3v3 I guess. In any case that was my last one hosting, good games!

Charlini said:
Tournament is now over, thanks to everyone for taking part - Congratulations to Arni & Gibby, commiserations to Maximou and Peter, huge effort by both teams!

Through the course of the tournament, a total of 108 results were gathered. Out of those 108 games, 85 were played while 23 were either randomised, or defaulted for one of the sides.

It was a double elimination format with an unexpected high amount of participants that we achieved to complete in a gap of 56 days since the first match was played. So thanks once again for the huge commitment by everyone who signed up to stay on pace with the demanding schedulle and multiple matches played sometimes in tighter periods of time.

Appreciate aswell everyone who helped deliver the tournament by allowing players to use their servers(Bullez, CCC) and to Streamers/Recorders that included majorly players aswell.
Huge thanks to Apollo designing both the logo and the medals, setting up a huge visual improvement compared to previous edtiions.

Congratulations to Arni & Gibby, achieving first place in a melee tournament once again proving one more time their consistency in this type of tournaments. Even if people is used to see you on this spot, huge effort this time, you managed to reach that first spot after a really close last game against Peter & Maximou, two insane players that brought you to your edge. Enjoy your deserved win!

The french men came to this tournament as a really strong team and contenders for the win. However other players tend to forget that despite their past and duellist activity through the years, we're speaking of a main cavalry and archer players, this adds huge weight and deserves a huge praise after such a performance. Commiserations another time, you brought the closest result possible after a draw, providing really exciting finals that almost came to a really hyped-up tiebreaker. All of this after winning 3rd place, which was another really strong team, so be proud of your performance despite the outcome and well played Peter & Maximou!

3rd Place comes to Brian & Fietta. It's well known that 3rd place is not the desired spot for any of the contenders when entering a contested competitive tournament. However, considering the amount of sign ups and high level opponents on this edition, we can safely affirm that it took a really smooth performance to secure in such a comfortable way a spot in top 3 on this tournament. Winning duos that in the past got really good placements shouldn't ever be ignored, while not guarding yourselves down against players who in paper aren't that threatning in your eyes. All that domination while providing a good challenge on lower bracket to Maximou & Peter to try and reach a comeback chance against the 1st place who previously knocked you to lower bracket. Was close enough, again, well played and congratulations for Bronze!

Guess it was the last melee tournament unless that someones opens up some sign up thread for january, to start another melee tournament which would be either duel or 3v3 I guess. In any case that was my last one hosting, good games!

I assume this will be the last 2v2 tournament, so I want to take the opportunity to thank Arni for the time he spent playing with me in 2v2s. I remember when we first fought you beat me 40 - 0, but saw the rate I was improving at and realised that if I kept going we would be an unbeatable duo. With a 100% winrate in over 30 tournament 2v2s spanning 4 years I think we reached that goal. I also want to thank Brian and Thorr for the intense competition over the years, you guys always brought a unique tactic and were our main opposition for a long time. Thanks Peter and Maxime for the close games this tournament. Will miss this mode and these tournaments, thanks for the good experience everyone :oops: :oops: :oops:

Gibby Jr said:
Charlini said:

I assume this will be the last 2v2 tournament, so I want to take the opportunity to thank Arni for the time he spent playing with me in 2v2s. I remember when we first fought you beat me 40 - 0, but saw the rate I was improving at and realised that if I kept going we would be an unbeatable duo. With a 100% winrate in over 30 tournament 2v2s spanning 4 years I think we reached that goal. I also want to thank Brian and Thorr for the intense competition over the years, you guys always brought a unique tactic and were our main opposition for a long time. Thanks Peter and Maxime for the close games this tournament. Will miss this mode and these tournaments, thanks for the good experience everyone :oops: :oops: :oops:

Shame I could still beat you 40 - 0 to this day

Back
Top Bottom