Escaping lords are breaking the game!

Users who are viewing this thread

DarkmoonBR

Recruit
I'm really enjoying bannerlord so far even with the problems we all know (economy, not working perks, random wars..). However, I'm almost quitting the game because of the escaping lords mechanics. Look, I know you shouldn't keep them forever in your dungeon but they scape to fast, sometimes in the next day. The big problem is that they return even faster with a full partie to burn your villages. I can't move out my territories. In 4-5 days they scape you and are already burning your farms. I can't even recruit people on neighbor's land.
I feel like I have to execute them to have peace for a second. I'm really tired :sad:

Why do you want them as prisoners in your keep?
There is no reason to do that ever.

Always releasing is the best option. More charm skill, more combat skills, more loot, more prisoners.

I don't understand why they stopped the dev blogs.

The kingdom management, prisoner management, kingdom politics, faction relation and so on would be very good to be clarified. I don't mind playing early access, but placeholder mechanics would frustrate me much less if there was a blog post on the topic.

It would also help people understand where to focus their attention.

What if you don't take them captive after destroying their troops and let the Lord go. How long does it take for him to recover then?

This could be a temporary solution - provided he has to spawn back at castle and travel around recruiting troops and building his army again.

You need them coming back, there is nothing else to do endgame except fighting them.

If you'd imprison all lords forever its basically game over.

They should be imprissoned until someone is paying a very high fee for freeing them with a very very low chance to escape
Exactly.
My thoughts are: <5% escape chance/day and a ransom offer every week. Refusing the ransom offer would decimate honor/renown/influence whatever.

Has anybody tried or noticed if ransoming them keeps them of the field longer then putting them in dungeon?
I remember I sold a Lord in some Sturgian city tavern and stayed there for the rest. After about 2 or 3 days I've seen the same Lord with a bunch of recruits (about 40 or 50 men).

If you really captured the whole of lordship of another kingdom, including the king himself, shouldn't that at least buy you some hefty peace negotiations?
Prisoner management, prisoner options, prisoner ransom and exchange. Impact on kingdom power dynamics if King is captured or a significant character from an archon family is captured....
These are things with hefty potential where I would like to see some dev blogs.

Yeah this is making end game a drag. did not know all lords escaped on a reload either, that's a serious bug.

Imprisoning a lord and fighting him again the next day as he's back with an instant army is disheartening. It's a real slog to make progress late game in the current build.

I wouldn't mind so much if it took a while and then he spent time getting back to hometown while presumably staying in hiding and then he had to rebuild/recruit.

It seems that in the current dynamic, he doesn't even have to pull the next army out of a garrison.

"Escaping lords" is a quick fix to the "Steamrolling kingdoms". It was introduces so that you can actually play campaign without game over before you even manage to get your own castle or establish your own realm.

Until devs find way to balance campaign some other way, escaping lords will stay.

I have video confirmation that they just spawn on the map with their full "standard" troop size back in business. For wealthy lords this can mean you release him or he escapes and he spawns right next to you with the same troops you just killed. I agree - it's nerv wrecking and broken. Like the never ending stream of bandits and bandit camps. It's frustrating to clear an area or faction and you make like no progress since everything just spawns in magically.

Suggestion:

• Lords respawn in the next faction town with 0+wounded troops (if not possible: in the nearest town of other faction)
  • Lords/party heal up to 75-100% to increase survival
  • Lords wait until they have a reasonable amount of recruits or if nearby villages match the prefered troop type -> lord visits village, buys more recruits -> vulnerable to player and other enemies
  • To increase survival the speed bonus for small parties could be increased so they don't get sucked up by looters after heavy losses when they travel from village to village

So here is the video proof which shows that Lords are cheated right in with full troop size after being defeated. It's rare to observe it directly but Taleworlds can't hide it from us. They do it with Looters and bandits as well, that's why you can never clean up your lands and take some breath. Villages are in constant pressure which increases the starvation problem. They come again as soon as you turn your back. That's not "game depth", that's just broken.

Just for the protocol: He had 63 soldiers when I attacked him. 40+ got killed (not knocked out). He spawns with 63 again. So there is something like a standard troop size which Lords get for free. With them they are able to raid villages or crush weak caravans immediately after you defeated them. You can't even take them into prison to reduce this effect because lords have magic keys to escape very, very fast.

LodLkLj.gif

Back
Top Bottom