e1.5.2
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Daneel53

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Hi,

There are unconsistencies and bugs in the encyclopedia related to the hero and his(her) family. Let's take them one after the other.

1 - The related ages of the hero and his(her) brother. The hero is declared being 30 years old :
dMKMPwJ.png

His brother is declared being only 25, but he's called his "elder brother":
zB4C6NO.png

So, or the ages of the two brothers are false or they are inverted, but Nathanos cannot be at the same time 5 years less than the hero and his elder brother.

2 - In the above snapshot related to Nathanos, we can see that the two names of the two young sister and brother are missing around the final "and". If we look at the corresponding line into the files to translate (SandBox\...\std_StoryMode.xml), we see in the text that there are two variables {PLAYER_LITTLE_BROTHER} and {PLAYER_LITTLE_SISTER} where these names should be displayed. Obviously these variables are not initialed, so the names are not displayed.

3 - If we stay on this Nathanos entry, I discovered that the text is stored in the saved file and restored from it. Evidence ? I play with a full French translation and if for example I launch the game in turkish and load my previous save, here is what I obtain:
CH43MQX.png

The description of hero's brother seems to be the only one that is stored into the save file, please fix this because there is no reason to store such text into the save files.

4 - Last error is into the files of the hero father and mother. When you've just begun the game, the name of his parents is written into their file:
D0I2RT7.png

But after having saved and restored the game, the names of mother and father disappeared forever:
E2mFEbj.png

These bugs exist since many releases, these encyclopedia files are the ones that we check each time we launch a new campaign, please fix them asap.

Thanks for reading.

Hi, is the french translation a community-made language patch? If yes, this also counts as modification. Please try removing it, verifying your game files and recreating this issue on a new campaign.

This has been already done. All things above can be seen with the standard version in English without any mod. The snapshots above have been done with a brand new game fully in English, exept the turkish one that was needed for example.

Last edited:
Even after a modification is removed, or after re-installation, some files still remain and save files remain altered. That is why we cannot be sure if the issue is from our end or if it's mod related. Please follow the instructions in this article to clean any leftover mod files and try again with a new campaign.

May be you could just launch the game, new campaign, and one minute layer you will see BY YOURSELF what is written in the encyclopedia entries related to hero's family ! The French mod cannot change the age of the characters. The french mod cannot transform an English text as "elder brother" when we play in English and the French mod cannot be responsible to the fact that the names of the two youngers are not displayed, whether we play in French, Turkish or English!

You are asking me to totally suppress the game and totally reinstall it when you could check what I say in only one minute. This is a pure nonsense. Please, ask the devs to check, I'm sure they will find very fast where their code is wrong.

Last edited:
Because all this is really bothering me, I've done all what you wanted: supress the game, empty the folder of the game and of save games, reinstall the game, launch a brand new campaign with a game untouched, and guess what ? Nothing changed except the face of my brother, the bugs are still there, all of them, which was totally certain because a foreign translation cannot cause this kind of things :

kbBa53x.png

If I count my yersterday message and this one, the time needed to launch the game several times, realize the snapshots, upload them on Imgur to be able to show them here (because your site is not able to grab an image directly from our PC), erase the game, reinstall it and redo what I did yesterday, I spend around two hours of my free time so that you may accept that bugs that you could see by yourselves in one single minute exist.

So may I expect now that this subject gain a tab "In Progress" and is send to the QA team?

This thread is already sent to the QA team and it is being discussed with the developers. These issues are already known and being worked on. We as community support cannot convey bug reports without making sure that community-made modifications are not the cause of the bugs, and we cannot assume which mod does or doesn't cause which bug. I'm marking this thread as in progress, I'm going to post here if I hear back from the developers.

Hi,

Five months later the same bug is still there in 1.5.8. I created a new campaign in English, and after having saved the game and then restored, the names of hero's mother, father and brother are not displayed into their description, and the names of the two yougest are not displayed into the description of Nathanos. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom