Need More Info Error: File read failed! Please try to verify your installation!

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Error shows up every time when trying to start a new game with it saying "File read failed! Please try to verify your installation!". After pressing OK the game closes itself everytime. Always happens during loading times to the main menu as well in sandbox battle or trying to start a new campaign. Never got further then that.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): none
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: 581.18 (Latest)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B51) ver 1.0
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1 TB SSD

In addition to that, I have attempted to follow the common issues and workarounds and to verifiy the files through steam but they never seem to get downloaded nor replaced.

Let's try a clean install.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game when you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or add contents to the existing modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged. You can find more information about how to do a clean install here.

From reddit:
Ok_Warthog_2724
guys I think I found a solution. Hope it will; work for you to.
Go to windows defender-virus and threat protection - virus and threat settings - then Exclusions - and add exclusions ( and you wanna add 3 folders 1. is in documents the whole mount and blade 2 folder, the other is in ProgramData/mount and blade 2 and the last is the steams mount and blade 2 folder ). Also if you can use SSD not HDD. It helped me. Now i am enjoying the game.

Do you have specific charactere in the path to the game file ?

i mean specific character like "~#{'[-|è`_\^@" etc... all not alpha-numeric. From A to Z, and from 0 to 9

Normal path of the game shoud look like
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord

That's probably not the problem, but we never know.
At least, you can past your game path here, with replacing personnal think by "x"
Example:
"C:\My_Name\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord"
"C:\xx_xxxx\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord"

You can try check integrity of the game in steam:
From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game files... button. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

Back
Top Bottom