Error adding weapon to game

Users who are viewing this thread

Stryker

Knight
M&BWB
Well, after following Yoshiboy's excellent tutorial on adding weapons to the game to the letter, I'm still getting an error:

error3mc.jpg

This error appears after a few seconds of loading time before mount & blade starts. Retry and ignore do nothing.

Any hints or tips as to what I'm screwing up?

Yoshiboy

Count
M&BWB
i'm considering telling people to use the python scripts instead in my tut....it seems UE messes up quite a lot...

now i'm going to bite my tounge if that errors to do with a mesh. (which i am pretty sure it isnt).

Stryker

Knight
M&BWB
No skill levels have been modified in this--it's purely a graphic modification.

I'd really like to figure out how to get this weapon in-game, but this error is driving me bananas. Let me try and find out some more information...

[edit]
Ok, I seem to have gotten rid of the error by using the official modding tools instead of Effidan's editor. However, I haven't seen my weapon in a merchant's store yet, and I get a gut feeling that I need to modify the merchant to allow him to sell the weapon. How is this done?

Janus

*spicy* *camper*
Administrator
M&BWBWF&SVC
Stryker said:
Ok, I seem to have gotten rid of the error by using the official modding tools instead of Effidan's editor. However, I haven't seen my weapon in a merchant's store yet, and I get a gut feeling that I need to modify the merchant to allow him to sell the weapon. How is this done?
Just make sure the "itp_merchandise" flag is set on the item; you'll notice that flag on almost every weapon, armor, etc.
Note that firearms will currently still not show up in shops (I think) even with that flag for some reason. Of course you could probably workaround that by editing the triggers that actually give merchants their stuff.

Stryker

Knight
M&BWB
The sword is already set as merchandise--I copied the entry from the Sword of War to make sure I got a working entry, then changed a couple of the variables (such as price and strength requirement to make it easier for me to use with a low-level char). I've found 4 Swords of War, but none of my custom weapon yet. Ah well; I'll keep looking.

Ahadhran

Knight
WB
whenever I want to try a new model/item I just stick the item in the zendar chest so when you start the game you can go see that it looks and works right immediately rather than having to wait to try and find it!

to do this go into module_troops.py and scroll down till you find the zendar chest troop, then find the brackets that hold the inventory list (I think they are empty now since no more free pistol), then just add your item name in the format itm_my_cool_sword, save and run the compiler. Then start a new game and go check out the chest!

Just make sure the "itp_merchandise" flag is set on the item; you'll notice that flag on almost every weapon, armor, etc.
Note that firearms will currently still not show up in shops (I think) even with that flag for some reason. Of course you could probably workaround that by editing the triggers that actually give merchants their stuff.

the firearms don't get loaded into merchants because they are a new type of weapon called itp_firearm and since weapons are loaded by type as in itp_horse, itp_armor ect. you have to make sure that in module_triggers.py the refresh triggers refresh firearms as well as all those other things (the more complicated answer to what you were getting at I think). The native game does not populate the merchants with firearms so if you want them to have firearms you have to change it.

Stryker

Knight
M&BWB
Well, I got the mesh to work and put it in the zendar chest, easily accessible... Pictures of the sword in two different skins:

Dark Double-Blade:

Light Double-Blade:

Rather unrealistic, but hey, I designed this particular model approximately 4 years ago. Might fit in a fantasy setting. :razz: Modded the settings to be a rather quick and very long weapon, slightly more powerful than a SoW, but have the distinct disadvantage of being extremely expensive and requiring 12 strength to use.

Thanks for all the help guys... I'm sure I'll be back with many more questions in the future. :wink:

jeansberg

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Ahadhran said:
whenever I want to try a new model/item I just stick the item in the zendar chest so when you start the game you can go see that it looks and works right immediately rather than having to wait to try and find it!

to do this go into module_troops.py and scroll down till you find the zendar chest troop, then find the brackets that hold the inventory list (I think they are empty now since no more free pistol), then just add your item name in the format itm_my_cool_sword, save and run the compiler. Then start a new game and go check out the chest!
Thanks for the tip, man! That sounds much better than travelling around visiting all the shops.  :grin:

luigi

Squire
Stryker said:
Well, after following Yoshiboy's excellent tutorial on adding weapons to the game to the letter, I'm still getting an error:

error3mc.jpg

This error appears after a few seconds of loading time before mount & blade starts. Retry and ignore do nothing.

Any hints or tips as to what I'm screwing up?

I still have this problem when trying to modify my DUkes and Mercenaries mod ITEMS with the unofficial editor.

If someone has a solution , that will help soooooo much  :roll:

i figured the problem out, in the brf edit/view you need to use underscores instead of spaces while naming it

so: hooked spear is wrong
hooked_spear is right

luigi

Squire
TheDrunkenMoron said:
i figured the problem out, in the brf edit/view you need to use underscores instead of spaces while naming it

so: hooked spear is wrong
hooked_spear is right

Oh yes !

That works now.Thanks a lot  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Top Bottom