Ergonomy(?).. Chairs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyTime

Grandmaster Knight
E: ****, I may just have realized that this might not be the best place to ask this  :lol: Oh well, I suppose it could work? Or should I just move it elsewhere. I just ask all my computer related questions here and this just came naturally, oh well.

Alright, so this
27102012008.jpg
is where I spent roughly too many ****ing hours of my life, sitting and stalking forums and whatnot. Basically I tend to sit like **** on my chair which in the long run doesn't do any good to my back and I've attempted to sit straight and all but it seems I always fail.

I've recently had some nasty **** regarding sitting in a bad position and I've thought about the ergonomy of my current set. I think it's fine if I just could sit properly since the chair is even with the table as can be seen from the picture (eventhough it goes down a little when I sit on it) so I can rest my hands on the sides and they're not hanging and the monitor is in a good position too.

What I don't like is this damn chair, first of all it's damn old and worn and I'd like to sit on something awesome all day long.
Something that would support my lower back and possibly even prevent me from sliding down all the time and ending up just laying instead of sitting.

Could someone recommend a damn nice chair to sit on? It's a must that the chair can rotate, no stationary things.
Doesn't even matter if it's expensive, I've slowly upgraded my set to a nice godly level and literally spend all my money on that anyway, but my back is damn important to me and it's really hard for me to sit properly in this chair.

Please don't tell me to sit properly, because that I attempt every day lol thought so far I've received much help from everyone here so thanks in advance, again.

E: Also what do you think about the bass that can be seen where my feet normally goes, under the table. One of the key reasons why I sit like **** I suppose so I should do something about that too.

Plenty of places have office chairs that are ergonomic now. There are dozens of different ones so basically just look out for one on sale at some place like staples or something is all I can say.

Yeah, I planned to start seeking a chair tomorrow, going to roam through sites so I appreciate them all.

One thing is common in all my help requests here, I post them at night  :lol:

E: Jesus, I've been looking what an awesome chair Totalbiscuit has, and it's a DX Racer. Does anyone have any experiences? Looks awesome, and has something to support lower back too.
60e shipping costs to Finland, 220e chair and possible other junk. Time to start saving I suppose, because that is what I want. TB says it's the best chair he has ever used, and I'd actually trust in that.

The word chair isn't fitting for that  :lol:

I just got a Markus, ~150€. My cousin is 15-20 kg heavier than me, had it for 2 years, and is still comfortable. And he does spend a lot of time on it.

Looks more like a standard bucket style car seat. Didn't seem all that ergonomic really, most chairs I see listed as such are usually mesh (to help support your back better I suppose).

I may just buy one of these mesh chairs as my next office chair to see if they actually work well, currently just using some leather chair I got a year ago on sale at staples I think.

I looked on amazon the other day and they even have a section for 'gaming chairs' which is pretty weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom