SP - Economy Equipment Costs & Troop Upgrade Costs make no sense

Users who are viewing this thread

Accentrick

Recruit
Tier 1 to Tier 2 Upgrade costs 15 denars and the troop gets full gear for free. If you visit towns and search for the same gear the item costs are in hundreds and thousands. I do understand this is done to balance the progression of the player but it absolutely makes no sense and completely breaks the immersion of the game. The food item costs and unit upkeep are more in line with each other. One troop even the most basic one gets paid 2 denars which is fine as by my calculation one person eats 0.5 denars worth of food everyday (because food items cost an average of 10 denars and feed one person for 20 days). This is good and makes sense, and especially the fact that you provide food for them in addition to the upkeep it's makes perfect sense. But equipment costs are completely out of line. Even the most basic stuff like a hatchet or broken shields cost as much as 100 denars.
I've also made a YouTube channel where I criticize game mechanics and give my own ideas on the game. You guys can check that out if you want. You can find me @Accentrick on YouTube.

Tier 1 to Tier 2 Upgrade costs 15 denars and the troop gets full gear for free. If you visit towns and search for the same gear the item costs are in hundreds and thousands. I do understand this is done to balance the progression of the player but it absolutely makes no sense and completely breaks the immersion of the game. The food item costs and unit upkeep are more in line with each other. One troop even the most basic one gets paid 2 denars which is fine as by my calculation one person eats 0.5 denars worth of food everyday (because food items cost an average of 10 denars and feed one person for 20 days). This is good and makes sense, and especially the fact that you provide food for them in addition to the upkeep it's makes perfect sense. But equipment costs are completely out of line. Even the most basic stuff like a hatchet or broken shields cost as much as 100 denars.
I've also made a YouTube channel where I criticize game mechanics and give my own ideas on the game. You guys can check that out if you want. You can find me @Accentrick on YouTube.
you are absolutly right. The costs of all different elements of the economy make little sense compared to each other. Like you said, you can hire a bunch of elite units while being unable to buy decent equipment for your main character.
I remember a post during EA that suggested bringing all prices down to within reason of an avarege persons yearly income.
I would like to see a complete overhaul of the economy, but i am afraid that would be too impactful in this stage of development.

This nuisance can be changed with a mod.
Example:

public override float GetEquipmentValueFromTier(float itemTierf)
{ return MathF.Pow(2, MathF.Clamp(itemTierf, -1.0f, 9f)); }

Where 2 is the desired multiplier.
Native = 2.75, old ~2.9.

This nuisance can be changed with a mod.
Example:

public override float GetEquipmentValueFromTier(float itemTierf)
{ return MathF.Pow(2, MathF.Clamp(itemTierf, -1.0f, 9f)); }

Where 2 is the desired multiplier.
Native = 2.75, old ~2.9.
Thank you, I will try it.

Does this also effect the sale price of loot items?
I hope it does.
This would mean that you can equip yourself and your companions cheaper, but also that your income from loot is less important compared to Tax or ransom. Sounds like a win

Maybe a small bonus to tax income and owning settlements becomes necessary to pay the upkeep for a big party.
Then increase the ransom for captured nobles, so that the player will actually consider it instead of locking everyone up until a random peace is declared.

Back
Top Bottom